Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-29-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a poor comparison. Watching him play, I think Griffin pretty clearly has that "it" factor you want in your franchise QB.

Weeden doesn't. When Ok St had the inside track for the national championship game, he played an awful game against Iowa State. His passes were all over the place and he played a huge part in costing his team the game.

Add in the fact that he'll be 32 by the time his rookie contract expires and his physical tools aren't really that impressive, I pass on him without hesitation.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
I don't get it either. He doesn't impress me all that much

And yea, you have to consider he blew out his arm playing baseball. Right now it doesn't effect his football throwing motion but who knows how long that will last?
Hold on a second, where have you read or heard anything about Weeden blowing his arm out? Weeden did suffer tendinitis in his right rotator cuff, which is still a concern in itself, but that didn't even require surgery.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't find the specifics but I recall them saying a game that he couldn't throw a baseball anymore due to pain. It supposedly doesn't affect his football throwing motion but combine all the other negatives with the guy, why take a chance?
Old 01-29-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My biggest problem is when pressured he threw a lot of INT's. I watched a ton of OSU games this year and most the time he wasn't pressured, when he was is when he did his turnovers. I think he'd be a 1st-2nd if he were younger, and I'm sure someone will take him early, but I wouldn't touch him til the 3rd or 4th
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I can't find the specifics but I recall them saying a game that he couldn't throw a baseball anymore due to pain. It supposedly doesn't affect his football throwing motion but combine all the other negatives with the guy, why take a chance?
Yea, this is what I was referring to. Didn't really research what was wrong so that's my bad.

And I agree with Babylon. If Weeden played for Texas Tech instead of OK State would people be hyping him? He starts in shotgun then takes another 5 to 7 step drop every snap. The amount of distance that opens up on the field is ridiculous. Plus it compensates for his rather mediocre mobility. AND he had Blackmon on top of that.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's a poor comparison. Watching him play, I think Griffin pretty clearly has that "it" factor you want in your franchise QB.

Weeden doesn't. When Ok St had the inside track for the national championship game, he played an awful game against Iowa State. His passes were all over the place and he played a huge part in costing his team the game.

Add in the fact that he'll be 32 by the time his rookie contract expires and his physical tools aren't really that impressive, I pass on him without hesitation.
I live in Waco, so I saw a lot of RG III. Weeden has as much of "it" as he does. There is nothing he lacks to be a to 5 pick, except 5 years. Since career backups and journeymen, of the same age, command a 2nd round pick, I think that is the least you can start with.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
I live in Waco, so I saw a lot of RG III. Weeden has as much of "it" as he does. There is nothing he lacks to be a to 5 pick, except 5 years. Since career backups and journeymen, of the same age, command a 2nd round pick, I think that is the least you can start with.

J
Weeden has about as much of the "it" factor as Blaine Gabbert.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldnt touch him before the 4th, myself. Value will get pushed up because of the need at the QB position and his success in college, but I'll take Kirk Cousins in the 5th over Weeden in the 2nd any day of the week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Wouldnt touch him before the 4th, myself. Value will get pushed up because of the need at the QB position and his success in college, but I'll take Kirk Cousins in the 5th over Weeden in the 2nd any day of the week.
The problem is that you probably couldn't get Cousins in the 5th.

It's starting to look like if you want a QB in this day and age, you better be prepared to overdraft him by at least 2 rounds.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do think Brandon Weeden is more NFL-ready than most quarterbacks coming out of college, but I don't see enough upside to draft him in the first two rounds. His velocity already isn't great and I'm not sure his arm will be able to sustain its current level into his mid-thirties considering his stint in professional baseball. Weeden is a guy who will be exiting his prime by the time he is fully acclimated to the NFL.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he might have some potential as a Starting NFL QB but he might have a good 3 maybe 4 years in him and I would not Draft him and give him the money when he will only be around for a few years.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
bornnraisedwhodat
Rookie

bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if your a team that already has a solid defense and some weapons on offense, and feel your just a QB away why not?

I think he would be great competition for Mark Sanchez. Jets could probably get him in the 3rd or 4th round. At worst he lights a fire under Sanchez and gets him performing, at best he comes out and peforms at a high level.
bornnraisedwhodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:08 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I've heard is positive reviews on Weeden since the Senior Bowl, yet this thread shows that he is still not getting the respect he deserves. Time will tell, but I'm buying in. Weeden to Denver please.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:49 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he'll be drafted. There's a bold prediction for you Weeden lovers.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:54 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCut View Post
All I've heard is positive reviews on Weeden since the Senior Bowl, yet this thread shows that he is still not getting the respect he deserves. Time will tell, but I'm buying in. Weeden to Denver please.
Unlike most people, apparently, I don't let the one offseason before the draft drastically affect my views on a player who I just spent years watching actually playing the game.

There's very little special about Weeden, he does not have "it", and he's old. I'll pass.

Also, I'm liking that undrafted prediction, ha. I'm not quite that bold though.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weeden's getting hyped because of his age.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:08 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Weeden's getting hyped because of his age.
People trying to be football hipsters apparently.

"Well I like Brandon Weeden even though he's old."
Old 01-31-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's where the top QBs could go:

Round 1

Andrew Luck, Stanford*

Robert Griffin, Baylor*

Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M

Seems like he'll end up going in the first round due to positional need.

Round 2

Kirk Cousins, Michigan St.

Lifted his stock above Nick Foles with a strong performance in Mobile.

Nick Foles, Arizona

Round 3

Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma St.

Round 4

Brock Osweiler, Arizona St.*

Will be overdrafted because of his physical tools, maybe even more than this.

Round 5

B.J. Coleman, Chattanooga
Chandler Harnish, Northern Illinois

Round 6

Ryan Lindley, San Diego St.
Russell Wilson, Wisconsin

Round 7

Kellen Moore, Boise St.
Darron Thomas, Oregon
Old 01-31-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do think Keenum will get drafted too.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I do think Keenum will get drafted too.
It's possible that Keenum gets picked but I wanted to stick as close to the average of 12 QBs drafted per season (there are 13 listed there) as possible. Is it worth spending a draft pick on a third-string (practice squad) QB with no upside when quality special teams players with a chance of actually seeing the field will be available?
Old 01-31-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I would gladly, gladly take Coleman in the 5th or Lindley in the 6th over anyone not named Luck or Griffin where you have them listed.

Oh, and Osweiler in the 4th. Though I think we both know he's actually going much higher than that.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I would gladly, gladly take Coleman in the 5th or Lindley in the 6th over anyone not named Luck or Griffin where you have them listed.

Oh, and Osweiler in the 4th. Though I think we both know he's actually going much higher than that.
Coleman is one of my sleepers because his footwork, release, and delivery are all pretty strong at this point. Lindley has a rifle and the height/bulk but his footwork is among the worst I've ever seen. He makes Landry Jones look like Michael Jackson.

I pity the fool that takes Osweiler any higher than the 4th.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Coleman is one of my sleepers because his footwork, release, and delivery are all pretty strong at this point. Lindley has a rifle and the height/bulk but his footwork is among the worst I've ever seen. He makes Landry Jones look like Michael Jackson.

I pity the fool that takes Osweiler any higher than the 4th.
I just mention those guys because they have the physical tools in place that a franchise QB requires. I'd rather take my chances using a late round pick on one of them and trying to develop him than use a higher pick on someone with far more limited potential.

As for Oswelier...you know it's going to happen. I think he'll be a first round pick by the end of it all. He'll get Gabberted up draft boards and some poor team will be stuck with him for a few years. (I actually like his odds of succeeding better than Gabbert's, but it doesn't change the fact that neither ever should have been a first round pick.)
Old 01-31-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no ******* way Osweiler lasts until the 4th. I'll be shocked if he lasts past the Top 50 picks. If Joe Flacco can go 18th overall, I can't see any way Osweiler doesn't go very early. Someone is going to look at those tools and go start drooling.

Probably Jacksonville, because why not load up the roster with big, inaccurate passers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
There is no ******* way Osweiler lasts until the 4th. I'll be shocked if he lasts past the Top 50 picks. If Joe Flacco can go 18th overall, I can't see any way Osweiler doesn't go very early. Someone is going to look at those tools and go start drooling.

Probably Jacksonville, because why not load up the roster with big, inaccurate passers.

I have no doubt that Osweiler ends up in the first.