Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-31-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I'm hoping this a joke...

Robert Woods is one of the best deep threats in the nation. The reason you may be in question is because Lane likes to use Robert underneath because he's explosive in the open field and break off those 50-70 yards YAC he's prone to do. Robert Woods is easily a 4.3 guy too.
Robert Woods is not "easily a 4.3 guy" but I could see him running in the low 4.4s. He might look a but slow at times, but he often has to wait for the ball since Barkley's arm is soooooo overrated. What really seperates Woods from Blackmon and most other receivers is his crisp route running ability, his elusiveness and superior hands. Rarely have I seen a player with the concentration level of Woods. Great, great hands and ability to create something after the catch. He can also help in the running game. I think he's an elite prospect at the receiver position, Blackmon is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Rarely have I seen a player with the concentration level of Woods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiihTyOR9VU

Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't get me wrong, I like Robert Woods, but Blackmon is getting severely handicapped around these parts, and very unfairly. He's not quite the overall physical specimen that AJ Green or Dez Bryant was, but I'll be very shocked if his 40 time isn't somewhere between what those 2 ran (4.48 for Green, 4.52 for Bryant if I'm not mistaken). On top of that, he's a 6'1 220 pound bowling ball of a receiver who runs routes as well as anyone at the college level. The man is a technician already. The way he sets up DBs, keep his hips low when cutting, doesn't round off the top of his routes and runs after the catch are all things that are going to make him very, very successful at the NFL level. The Anquan Boldin/Roddy White/Hakeem Nicks comparisons are all very good, and that's exactly the type of player I expect him to be in the NFL. The guy is a legit #1 receiver, I honestly don't understand the hate.

It's like anyone who doesn't run sub 4.4 these days is immediately disregarded as someone who won't be able to get separation in the NFL. Larry Fitzgerald, Marques Colston, Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, Steve Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Roddy White, Hakeem Nicks, etc. are all very good receivers who have been very successful as NFL players doing the exact same types of things that Blackmon does very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Robert Woods is not "easily a 4.3 guy" but I could see him running in the low 4.4s. He might look a but slow at times, but he often has to wait for the ball since Barkley's arm is soooooo overrated. What really seperates Woods from Blackmon and most other receivers is his crisp route running ability, his elusiveness and superior hands. Rarely have I seen a player with the concentration level of Woods. Great, great hands and ability to create something after the catch. He can also help in the running game. I think he's an elite prospect at the receiver position, Blackmon is not.
YAIS. The USC offense is designed around Matt Barkley's physical limitations. If Robert Woods' stock starts getting hurt because of Matt Barkley, I am going to be incredibly furious. There IS NO Matt Barkley without Robert Woods.

If you don't think Robert Woods is a deep threat, I honestly don't know which USC team you've been watching. Dude was their entire offense until Marquise Lee got going.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robert Woods is the complete package as a WR and I think he's clearly the better prospect between he and Blackmon. One thing that I don't think Woods gets credit for is his run blocking, I saw him pancake two guys on Stanford in one play, one of them being a linebacker, during a long run for SC in that game.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Don't get me wrong, I like Robert Woods, but Blackmon is getting severely handicapped around these parts, and very unfairly. He's not quite the overall physical specimen that AJ Green or Dez Bryant was, but I'll be very shocked if his 40 time isn't somewhere between what those 2 ran (4.48 for Green, 4.52 for Bryant if I'm not mistaken). On top of that, he's a 6'1 220 pound bowling ball of a receiver who runs routes as well as anyone at the college level. The man is a technician already. The way he sets up DBs, keep his hips low when cutting, doesn't round off the top of his routes and runs after the catch are all things that are going to make him very, very successful at the NFL level. The Anquan Boldin/Roddy White/Hakeem Nicks comparisons are all very good, and that's exactly the type of player I expect him to be in the NFL. The guy is a legit #1 receiver, I honestly don't understand the hate.

It's like anyone who doesn't run sub 4.4 these days is immediately disregarded as someone who won't be able to get separation in the NFL. Larry Fitzgerald, Marques Colston, Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, Steve Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Roddy White, Hakeem Nicks, etc. are all very good receivers who have been very successful as NFL players doing the exact same types of things that Blackmon does very well.
It's not so much Blackmon's fault...it's the fact that he's seen legit press coverage maybe twice in his entire life (Nebraska last year, where he raped Prince and Dennard and against Leonard Johnson this year, where he had 10 catches for 99 yards in a double overtime game. Stanford tried doing it in the first half of the bowl game, too, but their secondary athletes are lulz.

Like I said...not really his fault. Blame the OSU offense and the **** Big 12 defenses that are forced to run soft zone for days.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
It's not so much Blackmon's fault...it's the fact that he's seen legit press coverage maybe twice in his entire life (Nebraska last year, where he raped Prince and Dennard and against Leonard Johnson this year, where he had 10 catches for 99 yards in a double overtime game. Stanford tried doing it in the first half of the bowl game, too, but their secondary athletes are lulz.

Like I said...not really his fault. Blame the OSU offense and the **** Big 12 defenses that are forced to run soft zone for days.
When I want to show people who Justin Blackmon is, I recommend going and watching that game. Admittedly, the flea flicker was just a play where Prince got caught, but he also had 2 or 3 PI calls on Blackmon deep down the field after he got absolutely torched. And that's Blackmon doing it against a Top 20 pick and a guy who will probably go in the 2nd round this year (Dennard). I know there are some concerns, but damn dude. I don't know what else Blackmon would have had to do in college to impress some people. Look at his last 2 seasons:

2010: 111 receptions, 1782 yards, 16.1 YPC, 20 TDs
2011: 121 receptions, 1522 yards, 12.6 YPC, 18 TDs

That is absolutely insane production from a pro-ready wideout with good, not great physical tools. I don't think he's worth a Top 5 pick either, but he's absolutely worth a Top 10 pick IMO.

EDIT: Also, who cares about Robert Woods? My boy Keenen Allen will represent next year. Dude is going to be a highlight reel this season. Starting the hype train now.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
YAIS. The USC offense is designed around Matt Barkley's physical limitations. If Robert Woods' stock starts getting hurt because of Matt Barkley, I am going to be incredibly furious. There IS NO Matt Barkley without Robert Woods.

If you don't think Robert Woods is a deep threat, I honestly don't know which USC team you've been watching. Dude was their entire offense until Marquise Lee got going.
I never said that I don't think that Woods is a deep threat, because I do. I think he's a threat where ever he lines up or what ever route he runs. I just don't think he's a 4.3 guy. And I actually think higher of Woods because he produces in spite of Barkley instead of because of Barkley. I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
I never said that I don't think that Woods is a deep threat, because I do. I think he's a threat where ever he lines up or what ever route he runs. I just don't think he's a 4.3 guy. And I actually think higher of Woods because he produces in spite of Barkley instead of because of Barkley. I think you misunderstood what I was saying.
...I was agreeing with you.

By saying "if you don't think Robert Woods is a deep threat" was to people posting in this thread, in general. Wasn't very clear with that, my bad. I suck at writing.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
...I was agreeing with you.

By saying "if you don't think Robert Woods is a deep threat" was to people posting in this thread, in general. Wasn't very clear with that, my bad. I suck at writing.
Well I think we all knew that already. You're also wildly uninformed. Take that!
Quote:
Old 01-31-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post

EDIT: Also, who cares about Robert Woods? My boy Keenen Allen will represent next year. Dude is going to be a highlight reel this season. Starting the hype train now.
I'm jumping on early with you. Let's do this.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm jumping on early with you. Let's do this.
Man I've been aboard. That kid balls out in spite of his scrub brother at QB.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (5-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's like comparing Marvin Harrison to Hakeem Nicks, and I'll take Harrison.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
It's like comparing Marvin Harrison to Hakeem Nicks, and I'll take Harrison.
Except Robert Woods is bigger and stronger than Harrison. Plus let's be honest, Harrison looked plain awkward running in the open field.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except Robert Woods is bigger and stronger than Harrison. Plus let's be honest, Harrison looked plain awkward running in the open field.
And Blackmon will time out faster and bigger/stronger than Nicks -- what's your point? Oh yeah, you're a huge USC homer. Carry on.
SRogers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
1crazyredskinsfan
Rookie

1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.

Blackmon is getting all the media,but woods is damn good too.i don't see a megatron clone when i look at either,however both of them are as good as julio jones was coming out of bama.i like blackmon a bit more cause i have seen him more,but how could anybody not be happy with either?
Old 01-31-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
What level? Woods put up identical numbers to Blackmon, yet he doesn't play in a spread and has much better surrounding talent for the ball to be given to.

Cute -- this works both ways.

First of all -- Woods put up 10 less catches, 230 less yards and 3 less TDs. Identical? Even if Woods does play in a bowl game, he probably doesn't approach those numbers.

Secondly -- playing in the spread is nice and all, but -- Blackmon didn't have Matthew Barkley throwing to him. He didn't have probably the #1 overall pick next season throwing him passes, he had a guy who will not go until late in the draft, if at all. As you previously stated -- Blackmon was "the guy" in that offense so it's much, much easier to double team him and try to take him out of the GP than a Robert Woods who is surrounded by a lot of talented guys.

I'm not sure how Blackmon playing with LESS talent around him degrades his production or value. If anything, it increases it. If they had lost a bunch of games, I could see your point, but -- he almost carried them to a National Title game.

Thirdly -- Woods plays in the Pac 12. So, before anyone starts using the "Blackmon didn't play against any good defenses!!" card try and look at the Pac 12. Actually, a few people have already used that card which is dumb as ****. The Pac 12 could easily be the worst defensive conference for a supposed "power" conference there is out there. That argument holds NO water.
SRogers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Blackmon a lot, but I'd definitely take Robert Woods over him. Woods is just so good at everything. His explosiveness makes him an elite deep threat, but he's not just a deep threat either. He's a very good route runner who is excellent in the middle of the field. His combination of speed, explosiveness, and catching ability is extremely rare. If you had to nitpick, you'd maybe want him to gain a little weight but you wouldn't want him to lose any speed.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Count me in on the keenan allen train, choo! Choo!
Old 01-31-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm hoping this a joke...

Robert Woods is one of the best deep threats in the nation. The reason you may be in question is because Lane likes to use Robert underneath because he's explosive in the open field and break off those 50-70 yards YAC he's prone to do. Robert Woods is easily a 4.3 guy too.
It's absolutely not a joke. Disagree entirely with him being "easily a 4.3 guy". If he is, I don't see it showing up in the games. Guys stay with him in a straight line. The majority of his plays down the field, there's a defender not too far behind him. In and out of his breaks is another story entirely, but that's not what I'm trying to say.

Don't get me wrong, I think Woods is a very good prospect there's probably some things that go into him not having the type of numbers a guy with speed would typically produce, but I definitely don't see him as the special guy some are making him out to be, especially physically. Not yet, at least. I'm almost willing to guarantee the tone of the conversation on him will change by this time next year if things stay the way they are, similar to what occurred with Blackmon.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-31-2012 at 04:12 PM.
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
+1

Give me Blackmon between these two right now.
+2

Although, I will say that given another couple of years...Woods could really be something special...or the next DeVier Posey.

I will say this though...give Woods another year, and he very well could be on the same level of Blackmon. Given another year, Woods could put on some weight and be able to stand up against pro corners much better than could right now.

I pick Blackmon for many reasons, but for nothing else, he's more capable to hold up against NFL secondaries. Both would be productive rookies either way, if Woods could declare this year, that is.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRogers92 View Post
And Blackmon will time out faster and bigger/stronger than Nicks -- what's your point? Oh yeah, you're a huge USC homer. Carry on.
I wasn't saying anything about Blackmon.

In fact I think Blackmon becomes the better NFL player. I just needed to clear up all the rumors of Robert's deep threat ability.

Also SRogers92, you comparing Blackmon's stats to Robert Woods, AND saying the offenses they played in doesn't add to the equation is borderline *******.

Last edited by Punisher : 01-31-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Blackmon will probably actually test out very similar to Nicks, seeing as Blackmon will probably measure in at around 6-1, 6-1 and a 1/2, 215 lbs., and run a low 4.5, just like Nicks.

Quote:
Cute -- this works both ways.

First of all -- Woods put up 10 less catches, 230 less yards and 3 less TDs. Identical? Even if Woods does play in a bowl game, he probably doesn't approach those numbers.

Secondly -- playing in the spread is nice and all, but -- Blackmon didn't have Matthew Barkley throwing to him. He didn't have probably the #1 overall pick next season throwing him passes, he had a guy who will not go until late in the draft, if at all. As you previously stated -- Blackmon was "the guy" in that offense so it's much, much easier to double team him and try to take him out of the GP than a Robert Woods who is surrounded by a lot of talented guys.

I'm not sure how Blackmon playing with LESS talent around him degrades his production or value. If anything, it increases it. If they had lost a bunch of games, I could see your point, but -- he almost carried them to a National Title game.

Thirdly -- Woods plays in the Pac 12. So, before anyone starts using the "Blackmon didn't play against any good defenses!!" card try and look at the Pac 12. Actually, a few people have already used that card which is dumb as ****. The Pac 12 could easily be the worst defensive conference for a supposed "power" conference there is out there. That argument holds NO water.
Woods played in one less game, and with what he averaged on the season, he would've ended up with 1 less catch, 123 less Yards, and two less touchdowns.

Did you seriously just say Brandon Weeden, who drew rave reviews as arguably the best qb at the Senior Bowl, might not get drafted? I'm not even a Weeden fan, and that's absurd. Plus, Barkley is very overrated. The reason Woods isn't featured as a deep threat is because of Barkley. His deep ball is wildly inaccurate. Reminds me of a former USC qb (cough Mark Sanchez cough).

And, a wide receiver did not almost carry his team to a national championship. USC has more talent to spread the ball around too than Oklahoma State does, so the Cowboys are obviously going to go towards Blackmon more than USC to Woods. The fact Woods even comes close to Blackmon's numbers despite the surrounding talent and offense is phenomenal.

And finally, I never said anything about the defenses they faced. But, there is a legitimate argument in talking about common opponents, correct? Both players faced Arizona and Stanford. Here is their average for those two games:
Justin Blackmon - 10 Receptions, 157 Receiving Yards, 2.5 Touchdowns
Robert Woods - 11.5 Receptions, 172 Receiving Yards, 1.5 Touchdowns

Also, Barkley averaged 5.5 less attempts than Weeden in those two games, giving Woods 5.5 less chances than Blackmon to catch the ball.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
If you had to nitpick, you'd maybe want him to gain a little weight but you wouldn't want him to lose any speed.
Yeah. At 6'1", 180 lbs... he's going to be (at best) an effective blocker at the next level.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Blackmon will probably actually test out very similar to Nicks, seeing as Blackmon will probably measure in at around 6-1, 6-1 and a 1/2, 215 lbs., and run a low 4.5, just like Nicks.

Woods played in one less game, and with what he averaged on the season, he would've ended up with 1 less catch, 123 less Yards, and two less touchdowns.

Did you seriously just say Brandon Weeden, who drew rave reviews as arguably the best qb at the Senior Bowl, might not get drafted? I'm not even a Weeden fan, and that's absurd. Plus, Barkley is very overrated. The reason Woods isn't featured as a deep threat is because of Barkley. His deep ball is wildly inaccurate. Reminds me of a former USC qb (cough Mark Sanchez cough).

And, a wide receiver did not almost carry his team to a national championship. USC has more talent to spread the ball around too than Oklahoma State does, so the Cowboys are obviously going to go towards Blackmon more than USC to Woods. The fact Woods even comes close to Blackmon's numbers despite the surrounding talent and offense is phenomenal.

And finally, I never said anything about the defenses they faced. But, there is a legitimate argument in talking about common opponents, correct? Both players faced Arizona and Stanford. Here is their average for those two games:
Justin Blackmon - 10 Receptions, 157 Receiving Yards, 2.5 Touchdowns
Robert Woods - 11.5 Receptions, 172 Receiving Yards, 1.5 Touchdowns

Also, Barkley averaged 5.5 less attempts than Weeden in those two games, giving Woods 5.5 less chances than Blackmon to catch the ball.
Well that is a dumbass argument. I've never seen anyone take that stance before, it's ALWAYS the opposite.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote