Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-31-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Well that is a dumbass argument. I've never seen anyone take that stance before, it's ALWAYS the opposite.
Not really sure the term 'dumbass' is needed.

And how is that not a legit argument? You have more weapons, you spread the ball around. You have less, you feature the few playmakers you have.

This isn't rocket science.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Not really sure the term 'dumbass' is needed.

And how is that not a legit argument? You have more weapons, you spread the ball around. You have less, you feature the few playmakers you have.

This isn't rocket science.
Less weapons, more defensive focus on one player, more double/triple teams, more gameplanning around that guy.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Less weapons, more defensive focus on one player, more double/triple teams, more gameplanning around that guy.
I don't recall saying none of those happen. The offense can also get creative and move their star players around (something Okie State does with Blackmon) in order to lessen the amount of focus they get.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't recall saying none of those happen. The offense can also get creative and move their star players around (something Okie State does with Blackmon) in order to lessen the amount of focus they get.
So it's an advantage for a WR to have no other weapons on his team to take pressure off him? OK.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Quote:
So it's an advantage for a WR to have no other weapons on his team to take pressure off him? OK.
It's an advantage to have the ball constantly feed to him.

And, college football features much less of the type of game planning your talking about. Stanford, one of the top teams in the country with an average (at best) secondary, still didn't double Blackmon. Iowa State mainly just let Leonard Johnson handle him and it worked fairly well for them. The college game doesn't feature as much concentration of eliminating a single player as you see at the NFL level.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC homer... I'd take Blackmon. For as much love as Woods gets here (and I do like him), I don't think he's even as good as his own teammate... Marquise Lee.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
USC homer... I'd take Blackmon. For as much love as Woods gets here (and I do like him), I don't think he's even as good as his own teammate... Marquise Lee.
This.

Just imagine if George Farmer breaks out D-Unit.

Farmer is Blackmon's size but is faster than both Marqise and Robert.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Farmer runs a 4.2?

Blackmon is underrated on this board. Unless he is coming off a big game people find a reason not to like him skill wise.That being said I rather have Woods.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
So Farmer runs a 4.2?

Blackmon is underrated on this board. Unless he is coming off a big game people find a reason not to like him skill wise.That being said I rather have Woods.
Farmer runs a 4.3

I was wrong too about Woods. He ran a 4.4 out of high school.

Either way these kids are deep threats alike ;)
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:38 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
This.

Just imagine if George Farmer breaks out D-Unit.

Farmer is Blackmon's size but is faster than both Marqise and Robert.
Yeah... there's a reason why Kyle Prater is bolting to Northwestern. :)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:04 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Farmer has the most potential of the 3, if he can live up to it than watch out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

People will always feel the next big thing is always better.

With that being said though, I'd go with Woods. The guy is freakishly polished at this stage of his career.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they are both amazing and going to be future 1000 yard receivers, but they are really different players. Its like comparing Kevin Durant to Derrick Rose. I'd probably take Blackmon right now because I think he is more dangerous and can stretch the field more than Woods even if he is probably slower, he just knows how to make plays down field, whereas Woods seems like a guy who will stretch a defense more horizontally and be the guy that always converts third downs into first downs. I don't really know how to quantify any of my opinions on them, but its just how I've felt about them from watching how they play if that makes any sense.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's weird so many people think of Woods as just a horizontal field stretcher.

Just because he's polished and can run routes, doesn't mean he can't get downfield. He's done it plenty so far in his college career. Harrison and Holt had no problems with it whatsoever, and he's a very similar receiver to those two.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Seems more like we're getting into AJ Green vs Julio Jones again. Only this time Blackmon is just on an entirely different level, to me at least. But it comes down to contrasting styles. You're talking about Blackmon who's straight beastmode, the guy takes over games from the WR position like few can do.

He's a pro type WR playing in college. He's not putting up some stupid numbers because he's one of those Peter Warrick type guys. He's big, strong, physical, he's got the build that can hold up in the NFL, and in the NFL every team has speed. It's about being able to make the tough catch when you're not open, because in the NFL, you're rarely "open" The windows are tighter, the hits are bigger, and everything about the game is more physically demanding.

I'll take Blackmon because I've seen what he can do, and I've seen what a guy like him can do in the NFL. He reminds me a ton of TO, except the guy has a heart too. He's not some jerk, he's not some me first jerk. He's going to interview well, he's already produced well, and he's done it over a couple of seasons.

I appreciate what Woods brings to the table, and I'm not saying he won't be a top 15-20 pick next year, because it's likely that he will if he lives up to the hype again. But just like Blackmon had to do, Woods is going to have to earn that respect, so he's got another season to do it out at USC. We'll see what he comes up with, and I wouldn't count him out, but if I'm drafting this year, there's only 1 WR worth top 10 pick consideration, and the guy for me is Justin Blackmon.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
I think it's weird so many people think of Woods as just a horizontal field stretcher.

Just because he's polished and can run routes, doesn't mean he can't get downfield. He's done it plenty so far in his college career. Harrison and Holt had no problems with it whatsoever, and he's a very similar receiver to those two.
I didn't mean for it to sound like I don't think he can and that he'll just be like Wes Welker. I just don't think hes the guy that teams would be sending deep very often and just bombing it to when he can get open so much more easily and create separation with his great COD and route running ability. Any kind of route is better designed for Woods skills than just tossing a bomb to him because his best asset to me will be his ability to create separation with his routes. I'm not really sure who I'd compare him to if I had to.

Then we have Blackmon, who despite not being a monster in terms of size, just knows how take the ball out of the air. He can just brute force his way to the ball on bombs even if he doesn't get much separation in a way that I don't think Woods can. Blackmon will make his living running deep, and playing close to the sidelines.

Blackmon can make more plays when he is covered, and Woods can get open more. Again, its kind of hard to convey properly. Its just a "feeling" like "it" for qb's.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Wow, that's an interesting stance.. care to elaborate further? In the 5-6 USC games I've seen the past 2 years, I can't really remember a single thing I've disliked about Woods' game. That Minnesota game last year was absolutely insane for Woods.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Wow, that's an interesting stance.. care to elaborate further? In the 5-6 USC games I've seen the past 2 years, I can't really remember a single thing I've disliked about Woods' game. That Minnesota game last year was absolutely insane for Woods.
Although to be fair, you or I could catch 20 balls against that secondary.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Although to be fair, you or I could catch 20 balls against that secondary.
The same secondary that ended up 49th in Passing Yards and 55th in Completions?
Old 02-01-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
deepthoughtlife
Rookie

deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blackmon is a great player. Robert Woods is a great player. Blackmon is in the draft. Woods is not. I would rather have Blackmon this year than Woods next year.

If I could get either one this year though, I would ask some tough questions about the quarterback he would be working with. With a bad QB, I would go Blackmon who is bigger, more physically impressive, and can make plays all by himself, even when covered. With a great QB, I would go with Woods, who is more consistently (but with less room) open, who is faster, and is very good at turning a little bit into a little bit more. Furthermore, I believe Blackmon can disappear much more easily than Woods*, but is also more likely to have the huge game or two in the NFL. With a middling QB, I really need to do more scouting.

*Admittedly, Woods was a bit overshadowed at times by Lee late this year, whereas Blackmon was clearly the man on his team.
deepthoughtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The same secondary that ended up 49th in Passing Yards and 55th in Completions?
I've seen every Minnesota game at least twice. Don't quote stats to me.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I've seen every Minnesota game at least twice. Don't quote stats to me.
Why the hell would you do that to yourself?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
People will always feel the next big thing is always better.

With that being said though, I'd go with Woods. The guy is freakishly polished at this stage of his career.
Do have to give him props for this. He's smooth.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Why the hell would you do that to yourself?
I get paid a little. That's not really why, but it eases the pain sometimes.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think at first glance, being on a weaker team means you would get more opportunities with the ball. However, these two are so clearly more talented than the coverage they go against, that they both were targeted enough. I don't think it really matters either way at the college level. If you're talented, the guys around you shouldn't matter.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote