Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 02-04-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Richardson can do everything Charles/McCluster can't on top of being a threat to score on any given play. He can pass block, get tough yards, and has very reliable hands.
Get a big back in FA to compliment the little backs KC has. Hillis, Jacobs or Tolbert would be good fits imo.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBam View Post
Get a big back in FA to compliment the little backs KC has. Hillis, Jacobs or Tolbert would be good fits imo.
That would be great in theory but I don't believe Pioli will go out for name free agent.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be all for Hillis or Tolbert but not Jacobs. He's done.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On one side, I would love richardson if he's as good a prospect as AP was. I thoght both Hillis and Tolbert were both pretty injury prone. Not a good mix with a kid coming off an ACL surgery.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
That would be great in theory but I don't believe Pioli will go out for name free agent.
i know what your saying, but at some point we will have to spend huge money just to get to the minimum name. maybe not a big name, but at least more talent.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's signed plenty of names.

You can use the "they can just sign a free agent" for a lot of the positions they need rather than using the first or second round pick on them.

RT: Levi Brown, Anthony Collins, Kareem McKenzie, Max Starks
NT: Sione Pouha, Paul Soliai, Aubrayo Franklin, Red Bryant
ILB: D'Qwell Jackson, Bradie James, Dan Connor, Bobby Carpenter, Philip Wheeler, EJ Henderson
OG: Ben Grubbs, Ryan Diem, Dan Connolly, Evan Mathis, Jacob Bell, Montrae Holland, Derrick Dockery
TE: John Carlson, Fred Davis, Donald Lee, Jacob Tamme, Joel Dreessen, Daniel Graham
RB: Peyton Hillis, Mike Tolbert, Tashard Choice, Jason Snelling, Chester Taylor, Ryan Grant, Michael Bush, Marshawn Lynch, Justin Forsett, Mewelde Moore, Earnest Graham

So there are free agent options across the board, which is why the idea of BPA with Richardson is very much within the realm of sanity and good decisions. He's an amazing RB prospect.

And another thing with the free agent market... They could sign the top choice guy at each of those positions and still not be hurting for cap space, in my estimation. Brown/Collins, Franklin, Jackson, Grubbs, Carlson, and Tolbert (???? really don't care much for any of those RBs) could all be signed to reasonable deals.

Last edited by nepg : 02-05-2012 at 12:25 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:43 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's signed plenty of names.

You can use the "they can just sign a free agent" for a lot of the positions they need rather than using the first or second round pick on them.

RT: Levi Brown, Anthony Collins, Kareem McKenzie, Max Starks
NT: Sione Pouha, Paul Soliai, Aubrayo Franklin, Red Bryant
ILB: D'Qwell Jackson, Bradie James, Dan Connor, Bobby Carpenter, Philip Wheeler, EJ Henderson
OG: Ben Grubbs, Ryan Diem, Dan Connolly, Evan Mathis, Jacob Bell, Montrae Holland, Derrick Dockery
TE: John Carlson, Fred Davis, Donald Lee, Jacob Tamme, Joel Dreessen, Daniel Graham
RB: Peyton Hillis, Mike Tolbert, Tashard Choice, Jason Snelling, Chester Taylor, Ryan Grant, Michael Bush, Marshawn Lynch, Justin Forsett, Mewelde Moore, Earnest Graham

So there are free agent options across the board, which is why the idea of BPA with Richardson is very much within the realm of sanity and good decisions. He's an amazing RB prospect.

And another thing with the free agent market... They could sign the top choice guy at each of those positions and still not be hurting for cap space, in my estimation. Brown/Collins, Franklin, Jackson, Grubbs, Carlson, and Tolbert (???? really don't care much for any of those RBs) could all be signed to reasonable deals.
I'll set the over/under on any of those guys being signed by the Chiefs at 1. Who exactly has Pioli signed? An on-his-last-legs, pre-"Patriot Way" Corey Dillon? Rodney Harrison? Randy Moss was a trade. Everyone that I can think of off the top of my head that the Patriots signed was at the end of the rope. Pioli hasn't signed anyone.

Now, obviously I'm not advocating that the Chiefs go Dan Snyder, but in order to have a legit shot at going anywhere they are going to have to spend money to plug a hole that they haven't been able to fill in the draft. And resigning their own pending free agents is not, I repeat, is not free agency.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My ideal first two rounds are Adams and Ta'Amu(sp.) but my ideal round 1 guy might be Poe. I have watched a lot of Poe tape, he has minor inconsistencies that can be ironed out by coaching. He does not have effort issues, he understands the game, knows stunting, knows when to spin move when not to, he has football intelligence. Small things like keeping head down at contact at times, hand placement at times are the minor issues I have with him.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We agree 100% on this then sir. My ideal first two would also be Adams and Ta'amu, but I love Poe.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll set the over/under on any of those guys being signed by the Chiefs at 1. Who exactly has Pioli signed? An on-his-last-legs, pre-"Patriot Way" Corey Dillon? Rodney Harrison? Randy Moss was a trade. Everyone that I can think of off the top of my head that the Patriots signed was at the end of the rope. Pioli hasn't signed anyone.

Now, obviously I'm not advocating that the Chiefs go Dan Snyder, but in order to have a legit shot at going anywhere they are going to have to spend money to plug a hole that they haven't been able to fill in the draft. And resigning their own pending free agents is not, I repeat, is not free agency.
Rosevelt Colvin, Donte Stallworth, Adalius Thomas, Steve Breaston, Ryan Lilja, Jared Gaither, Thomas Jones, Corey Dillon, Rodney Harrison ("pre Patriot Way"??? WTF does that even mean? Last legs? Dillon ran for 1600 yards that year and had 3200 yards in three years as a Patriot (injured a lot of 2005 and split with Maroney in 2006) and Rodney Harrison had 6 damn good years with the Pats) were all very sought-after free agents when Pioli snagged them.

What team does well that snags in-their-prime free agents (that aren't their own) for "in-their-prime" contracts? The Saints with Drew Brees? And that's it? Good teams are home-grown and supplemented by smart, safe free agent plays. Getting Steve Breaston was a huge deal, and I think that was a great pick-up and will continue to pay off for the team moving forward.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:53 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man you all are in for a big let down if you feel NT will be the direction they are going in Round One, unless they trade down about 20 spots.

Unless Pioli pulls a 180 and makes it rain in FA, they will be going offense early.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Pioli understands the importance of the NT position. He isn't going to neglect it. Kelly Gregg was pretty bad last year.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Rosevelt Colvin, Donte Stallworth, Adalius Thomas, Steve Breaston, Ryan Lilja, Jared Gaither, Thomas Jones, Corey Dillon, Rodney Harrison ("pre Patriot Way"??? WTF does that even mean? Last legs? Dillon ran for 1600 yards that year and had 3200 yards in three years as a Patriot (injured a lot of 2005 and split with Maroney in 2006) and Rodney Harrison had 6 damn good years with the Pats) were all very sought-after free agents when Pioli snagged them.

What team does well that snags in-their-prime free agents (that aren't their own) for "in-their-prime" contracts? The Saints with Drew Brees? And that's it? Good teams are home-grown and supplemented by smart, safe free agent plays. Getting Steve Breaston was a huge deal, and I think that was a great pick-up and will continue to pay off for the team moving forward.
None of those guys had much of an impact. I agree that the great teams are home built. You were the one that said Pioli had signed plenty of names. Which you just proved isn't true. Free agents in general don't work, but that's no excuse for not trying. And Pioli, with the Chiefs for the most part and even with the Patriots to an extent hasn't done so.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Dillon was the best RB in the NFL in his first season with the Pats. Harrison was a huge impact as a starting safety for 6 years. Rosevelt Colvin was a great all-around OLB when he was healthy. Adalius Thomas was a huge impact player on defense for a couple seasons. Donte Stallworth is kind of underrated for his performance in 2007 with the Pats. Lilja was huge in turning the OL around in 2010. Thomas Jones had a great year in 2010.

I don't see where they weren't impact players... I think, historically, Pioli has picked his shots really well when he chooses to go out and get a guy in free agency.

I think he's going to go hard after Carlson, D'Qwell Jackson, and Matt Light (if he's cut). That's 3 big needs, and I don't think any of them would cost much.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Carlson, okay.. D'Qwell, maybe.. Matt Light? **** no. If we want to drastically improve our offensive line it isn't going to be by signing some ****** Patriots OL that they don't want anymore, it'll be by drafting Mike Adams or Riley Reiff in the first round. Period.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Dillon was the best RB in the NFL in his first season with the Pats. Harrison was a huge impact as a starting safety for 6 years. Rosevelt Colvin was a great all-around OLB when he was healthy. Adalius Thomas was a huge impact player on defense for a couple seasons. Donte Stallworth is kind of underrated for his performance in 2007 with the Pats. Lilja was huge in turning the OL around in 2010. Thomas Jones had a great year in 2010.

I don't see where they weren't impact players... I think, historically, Pioli has picked his shots really well when he chooses to go out and get a guy in free agency.

I think he's going to go hard after Carlson, D'Qwell Jackson, and Matt Light (if he's cut). That's 3 big needs, and I don't think any of them would cost much.
I think I'm just going to ignore you. Your posts are almost always full of revisionist history.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Carlson, okay.. D'Qwell, maybe.. Matt Light? **** no. If we want to drastically improve our offensive line it isn't going to be by signing some ****** Patriots OL that they don't want anymore, it'll be by drafting Mike Adams or Riley Reiff in the first round. Period.
I'm not trying to sell Light as a long-term fix. He's a good option that would provide them with someone who can definitely start while they figure out what whoever they draft can do (hopefully start). It's very smart pick-up.

And it's not that the Patriots don't want him. He actually had a really good year in 2011...one of his best in quite some time. They'll just save a ton of cap room by cutting him and already have his replacements ready to go in Solder, Vollmer, and Cannon if either of the other two don't work out.

VW: How was any of that revisionist?
Old 02-16-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Carlson coming off an injury. I don't know but we need to TE's. I like Jackson he is a tackling maching. Light would be pure stop gap best case.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

Quote:
None of those guys had much of an impact. I agree that the great teams are home built. You were the one that said Pioli had signed plenty of names. Which you just proved isn't true. Free agents in general don't work, but that's no excuse for not trying. And Pioli, with the Chiefs for the most part and even with the Patriots to an extent hasn't done so.
Adalius Thomas was a baller.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBam View Post
Adalius Thomas was a baller.
For a couple of games. And it was when he was in Baltimore. He was decent at best in New England.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pioli understands the importance of the NT position. He isn't going to neglect it. Kelly Gregg was pretty bad last year.
Kelly Gregg was better than you think, although he did wear down later on.

As for Poe, I'm not sure why people are overly excited to draft him to play a 0 technique role. He makes a hell lot more sense for a team like Houston than the Chiefs, as a NT.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

read this thread to learn more about Poe

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48768
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

I've studied up on him, which is why I am asking what I asked. I think he'd be a better natural fit playing a one gap scheme than two gap.

I also can't see Crennel turning over the NT position to a rookie and a 2nd year player. He's going to want someone with more experience filling his vital role, and there are some actual good options in FA to fill it this year.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:11 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Kelly Gregg was bad. Maybe we've been watching different sports or something, but he was constantly beat and anchored the DL of the 26th ranked rush D, with Dorsey and Jackson actually being good against the run.

He is done.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Kelly Gregg was bad. Maybe we've been watching different sports or something, but he was constantly beat and anchored the DL of the 26th ranked rush D, with Dorsey and Jackson actually being good against the run.

He is done.
You like bringing up that stat. They gave up the 7th most rushing yards, but they also faced the 4th most attempts and were actually tied for 14th in Opponents' Y/A... Which is tied with the Falcons, who gave up the 27th most yards. Difference? ~130 carries.

That "26th ranked rush D" statistic is on the offense and their 3 & Outs. Yes, they want to get better against the run, but to use that statistic to say Gregg was bad just isn't all that correct.