Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-02-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Manning. He has been one of my favorite players since he entered the league.. but is he really the answer? It's another Joe Montana. Yeah, we were competitive, but we know the clock is ticking. Peyton has another 2-3 years, if he's 100% healthy, and then we'll be in the same situation we are now.

We haven't tried to get an elite talent at QB since 1983 and it's seriously upsetting. It's the most important position in football. Do whatever it takes.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Better the clock ticking rather than it now running
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, who want's Poe now?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:35 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
So, who want's Poe now?
I'm borderline on it. Dude has undeniable athleticism, but I am concerned with questions about his motor and his lack of production at Memphis. I think there will be players available at 11 that have a chance to be superb whose floors aren't so low, take one of them and hope Ta'amu is available in the 2nd.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a little scared that Poe might flame out ala Ryan Sims. Plus, it sounds like Carolina would take him in a heartbeat. So two months from now this conversation might be a waste of our time.
On the quarterback note, I think Manning would be smart to come to KC. Talk about a legacy: Win a super bowl with a team that can't even win with Joe Montana at the helm. I'm still a little concerned about his neck though. I don't want to see him carried off the field because he can't feel anything below the C3 Spinal cord area either. I saw a video of him(supposedly) and he looked good, but that's a lot of money for a guy who's coming off three major neck surgeries. That same note, I think RGIII is either going to be an akili smith or a micheal vick, and I don't think we have a shot at Luck(if/when the colts release manning). So here's a suggestion: Why not try to grab Henne, Cassel and Stanzi have them battle it out for the starting spot. There's that legitamite competition they were talking about. In the meantime we can address some major issues on our team: Right Tackle, Nose tackle and overall depth. I don't think just by adding Manning to our roster makes us super bowl contenders. And if our defense can become elite, we'd probably make it to about the same spot with Manning and our current roster. My argument essentially is that: If the Ravens can win with Trent Dilfer, why can't we win with a lesser defense and more quarterback? Thoughts?
Old 03-03-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Henne and Cassel suck. Stanzi is nothing right now. You can't go into the season with these three QBs as your only options.

The Ravens won with a ****** QB because they had one of the best defenses of all time. We're not close to what they had. We're not in the same solar system as what they had.

And I do think adding Peyton could make us legitimate contenders. We have the offensive weapons but we lack the guy to get them the ball. And no, Cassel and Henne will not provide that.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My argument essentially is that: If the Ravens can win with Trent Dilfer, why can't we win with a lesser defense and more quarterback? Thoughts?
My thought is you are not of sound mind today.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Henne and Cassel suck. Stanzi is nothing right now. You can't go into the season with these three QBs as your only options.

The Ravens won with a ****** QB because they had one of the best defenses of all time. We're not close to what they had. We're not in the same solar system as what they had.

And I do think adding Peyton could make us legitimate contenders. We have the offensive weapons but we lack the guy to get them the ball. And no, Cassel and Henne will not provide that.
First off, I didn't say anything about our defense being close to what the baltimore ravens had. I'm saying that even though Cassel or Henne "suck"(which is debatable by the way) they are way better than Trent Dilfer. We didn't have too much trouble making the playoffs with a mediocore starter(which Cassel is) or beating the unstoppable packers team this year with a mediocore starter. Point being have an elite quarterback like Manning circa 2010 would make us legit playoff/super bowl contenders.
BUT, Peyton Manning is still a wildcard, we don't know how the neck has affected his throwing ability. I can say, it's a long and arduous process to regain motor function after a surgery. The bottom line is he is not a safe bet as a lot of people are suggesting and what he's going to command in the market place might not merit that risk. High Risk, High Reward. The question is are you willing to risk all the cap space we've saved all these years for a guy who might be a sliver of what he used to be.
Personally, I would be hesistant especially when we can fill those voids in our team with that cap space and groom a potential(key word there) in stanzi. I don't know why your hating on stanzi. I'm not saying he's going to be good, but the bottom line is you don't know at all(nor do I) but I think the only reason your bagging on him is because nepg likes him.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

No, I'm bagging on Stanzi because he is unproven. We've gone into seasons with someone unproven at QB and it has never worked. He might be the next Joe Montana/Tom Brady, but there is a reason he went in the 5th round. There is a reason that people who make money scouting prospects had him at a 4th round or lower grade.

I'm not trying to knock the kid, but don't ask me to get excited about a 5th rounder playing QB for us. I want to get Peyton if he's healthy or move up for RG3. That would show me that not only can this franchise identify our biggest problem and find a solution to it, but it shows that they're absolutely, without a doubt, intent on WINNING.

Going into the season with Cassel or Stanzi as our starter says they're ok with the status quo, and that isn't good enough.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you think about Powe? Do you want him starting or being a rotational guy? I know he has unbelievable talent and could be an NFL stud, I think with a year in your program he could be an absolute animal.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
What do you think about Powe? Do you want him starting or being a rotational guy? I know he has unbelievable talent and could be an NFL stud, I think with a year in your program he could be an absolute animal.
There isn't much to think right now. He only suited up for two games last year and started none of them. He looked really good in the preseason but I'm not sure what the coaching staff thinks.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After doing film study on Memphis NT Dontari Poe, Sporting News draft analyst Russ Lande compares him to former first-round draft busts Ryan Sims and Jimmy Kennedy.
Lande believes Poe is too much of a one-gap penetrator to be a classic 3-4 nose tackle. Sims and Kennedy also had massive bodies, but didn't play sound or attract double teams. Lande claims Poe "does not play like an elite talent" and "is much more of a big three-technique than a true nose." Poe has the makings of a high-ceiling NFL player, but he'll have to change his game in the pros.

-roto
Old 03-06-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we are wanting the Chiefs to take a defensive lineman with a questionable motor, shouldn't we get behind hoping that Coples will fall to 11 and move Dorsey to the nose? I actually saw a mock having the Chiefs take him (don't recall where) but as I've chewed it over I like the scenario. Coples has at least been productive and against a higher level of competition than Poe, he has the frame and athleticism to be a dynamic 34 end like the Chiefs have not had with tremendous upside, and moving Dorsey to a much more natural nose position where his inherent strength and power would be huge.

We know Dorsey can play, we know Coples has a history of production, but we don't know anything about Poe, other than his wonderful, freakish athleticism.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dorsey has no business playing NT in a 3-4.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Dorsey has no business playing NT in a 3-4.
He'd be much better than at end.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Dorsey should probably be traded at this point anyway.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really expected more from Dorsey this last season. I really thought he played well his first year in the 3-4.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Dorsey should probably be traded at this point anyway.
I've been saying that for years now. He doesn't have the body type or athleticism to be an end in any scheme. The limited success he has enjoyed thus far is a testament to his tenacity. Put him on the nose where he can control the center and a gap, which isn't ideal in a 34 nose but you have to work with what you got.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not this crap again. *facepalm*

His main job is to control his gap, so the OLB can do his job. He does that job very well and I think Tamba Hali would definitely agree.

So lets trade off someone who does his job for very little, because really...who is really going to want to trade for him when Free Agency and the draft is stacked with Defensive tackles?
Old 03-07-2012, 01:17 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Someone who misses out on the DTs they want?

And Dorsey is good, not great, and he's making top 5 pick money.. so, yeah.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
Not this crap again. *facepalm*

His main job is to control his gap, so the OLB can do his job. He does that job very well and I think Tamba Hali would definitely agree.

So lets trade off someone who does his job for very little, because really...who is really going to want to trade for him when Free Agency and the draft is stacked with Defensive tackles?
I would argue that the vast majority of Tamba Hali's production is a result of his incredible motor and skill, as Dorsey adds little as a pass rusher.

Also, I didn't want this to become a Dorsey-bashing thread, as I do think he is a good player. My point is, pick up an end like Couples and slide Dorsey to the nose. You have now upgraded 2 spots on the d line, and acquired a potential high impact player with no where near the bust potential of Poe.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I wonder if they think Powe is ready to start in his second year. It's hard to know anything though, since he was barely active last year.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:29 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

The more I think about it, and although I don't like it, I think Romeo puts his stamp on the team like Haley did a year ago (by taking a lanky project in Baldwin) and takes Poe.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:33 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
The more I think about it, and although I don't like it, I think Romeo puts his stamp on the team like Haley did a year ago (by taking a lanky project in Baldwin) and takes Poe.
I don't look at that one as a "stamp". It was more of a "we need a ******* WR in the worst possible way and we can't afford to let this one get by us" situation.

I pegged them for Kyle Rudolph because I didn't see a WR being there and Pioli doesn't have a great track record with WRs, but they took their shot and it's looked good so far.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing with Franklin is that the staff said he did not fit the scheme last year, what made that change? I would like a big body like him though, but what changed?

Check the new sig :D
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote