Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-19-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
One thing with Franklin is that the staff said he did not fit the scheme last year, what made that change? I would like a big body like him though, but what changed?
The market for NT's is crap.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FA market is weak plus getting scared of Poe. What do you guys think of drafting a couple of NT in the middle rounds i.e. Chapman, Ta'Amu, Baptiste, or Fangupo and DeCastro in 1 rather than rolling the dice on Poe?
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RT @RookieDraft: The Kansas City #Chiefs will be having dinner w/ DT Michael Brockers, #LSU tonight.Matt Miller ‏ @nfldraftscout Reply Retweet Favorite Open

I think we pick this guy. He's not a sexy pick, but he drew double teams most of the time in every game this year. When LSU played Georgia, their all conference C Ben Jones needed help the entire game because he couldn't handle him. Every team double teamed him.

At 6'5" 322 lbs, he has room to put on more weight. He can easily get to 335. He has an outstanding burst for a guy his size and the best part is that he has MAJOR upside.

I'd love to have him. Just having Brockers command double teams in the middle will make everyone better.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man potentially another LSU player. Someone in the office likes to go to La and eat cajun.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brockers is not a NT. At all. He's potentially an elite 5tech, but he is in no way a NT.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be a big fan of bringing in Brockers to play opposite Jackson, but I know some people would flip their ****. Dorsey's in the last year of his rookie contract and Brockers, as vidae said, is potentially an elite 3-4 DE. It's a safe position to draft (probably the safest use of a first round pick), and it's super important for this defense to be very effective.

Last edited by nepg : 03-22-2012 at 10:31 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Brockers is not a NT. At all. He's potentially an elite 5tech, but he is in no way a NT.
Agreed. If they are to go defensive line I would rather go with Brockers than Poe.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there some law or something that says we only draft LSU D-Linemen?
Old 03-22-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The pick has to be DeCastro as it stands right now. We have a big need at LG and we can snag someone like Ta'amu in the second round to be the NT of the future.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are 4 guys I want to play NT
Poe, Ta'Amu, Chapman, Fangupo and this order is what round you would have to get the guy but Fangupo might go in the 3rd

I'd in order of who I want: Poe, Fangupo, Chapman, Ta'Amu. Issue with Chapman is he may start on PUP.

But that order is more of if we chose one of them in the projected round (1-Poe, 2-TaAmu, 3- Chapman 3/4- Fangupo) that is the order I'd rather us address the nt position. If that makes sense.

Fangupo is starting to creep in the some peoples 3rd rounds. His background is so similar of Pouha, but I think he is a bit quicker off the snap and has more lateral agility.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50624
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Last edited by bored of education : 03-22-2012 at 11:18 PM.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and you are an idiot for thinking Brockers should be NT, why not trade for Tebow and make him gain 100 lbs for only a 3rd round pick
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

That was mean, I am kinda sorry.
Quote:
Old 03-23-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The pick has to be DeCastro as it stands right now. We have a big need at LG and we can snag someone like Ta'amu in the second round to be the NT of the future.
How is Brockers not a NT prospect? The guy is about 325 lbs, has the frame to put on more weight/muscle, demands double teams and is very strong at the point. What else do you want from a NT?

And DeCastro is not a huge need that we can't get in round 2. Osemele, Silatolu and Zeitler can start and be very good as well. Asamoah and Hudson weren't first round picks and they look outstanding.

I'd rather have a pass rusher, NT, or CB in round 1 than a G.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:26 AM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
How is Brockers not a NT prospect? The guy is about 325 lbs, has the frame to put on more weight/muscle, demands double teams and is very strong at the point. What else do you want from a NT?

And DeCastro is not a huge need that we can't get in round 2. Osemele, Silatolu and Zeitler can start and be very good as well. Asamoah and Hudson weren't first round picks and they look outstanding.

I'd rather have a pass rusher, NT, or CB in round 1 than a G.
6'6 305.
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no bare feet View Post
6'6 305.
Well, he did weigh in at the Combine at 322, but his position is DE.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

size isn't everything with a NT or DE. this is why i said that Ta'amu is my #1 ranked NT because i believe that with his athleticism, Poe will be a better 5 tech than NT. DEs make alot more money over their careers and i cant blame any of these kids for wanting to make more money and rack up stats as well. it takes a special humble person to play NT. no praise, no stats just double teams all day every day.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I definitely wouldn't say OG is a "huge" need. It's a position they need to add quality depth at and Lilja could stand to be upgraded if they can manage it. Lilja was very good in 2010 before struggling at LG in 2011. I'd be OK with them continuing with him as the starter for another year, but they need someone behind he and Asamoah anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Because he's not an NT for one. Aside from that, 6'6 is just too tall for NT and putting him there is a waste of talent and size that's better-suited for 5T. Ted Washington was 6'5, but Ted Washington is also just Ted Washington.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do not understand any serious interest in Brockers. Been there, drafted that.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
I do not understand any serious interest in Brockers. Been there, drafted that.

J
Because Dorsey regressed and is in the last year of his contract and Brockers is an elite prospect at that position.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I get why Brockers would fit here, I just don't want him. I like what Allen Bailey did in limited time last year and I'd like to see what he's got. Add in that we have bigger needs at NT, LG and ILB (not to mention QB..) and I think taking another 5tech this high would be a massive waste of a great spot.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:56 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Because Dorsey regressed and is in the last year of his contract and Brockers is an elite prospect at that position.
Brockers isn't elite. I could see the need for getting another DE, but taking Brockers at 11 isn't a really good idea to go about doing so.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:30 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

I severely doubt we are going to draft a Guard at 11. Even Romeo himself said they're always looking for speed rushers, cornerbacks and speedy receivers.

You can easily get a very good G in round 2 or 3 (Hudson and Asamoah say hi). Look at the best guards in the game. Where was Carl Nicks drafted? Hell where was Will Shields drafted again?
This year the class is extremely deep at G. DeCastro, Zeitler, Osemele, Brown, Silatolu, Glenn, Washington.
I think getting a guy like James Brown in round 2, who is built for the G position but is versatile enough to play OT, would be a better choice.

As we all know, this will probably be a defensive player from the SEC, because OT is not a need, good interior lineman can be had later, QB and RB aren't 1st round needs (I wish QB was), and there are no WR's I think we'd take at 11.

Brockers doesn't fit if Dorsey is here. He won't start if that's the case. I pray to God Poe isn't taken. We don't need a S at 11 bc we have good starters there. I can possibly see Keuchly simply because he has such a high character and he's smart, but Pioli got Belcher and we have Siler, plus I don't believe Keuchly would be a great fit with us.

If I had to guess, I'd say the best pure pick we could make at 11 would be Dre Kirkpatrick. The kid is the real deal and he's gonna be an absolute stud. The NFL is a passing league now and he has the talent and leadership Pioli likes. He can even shut down TE's with his aggressive style which makes him more attractive to our brass. A lot of people think he's just as good as Claiborne and has Darelle Revis like potential.

The value for a CB is so much more than a G. Kirkpatrick all day.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Hard to argue with your logic and it would be hard to argue with that pick. Kirkpatrick would be a good pick, and between the selections of Baldwin and Houston last year I don't think Pioli will be concerned by the possession arrest.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I do like Dre K, but Crennel came out recently and said we didn't have to draft a specific position, we could go BPA.. and if DeCastro is there at 11 he's clearly the BPA. He's a top 5 player in this draft.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I do like Dre K, but Crennel came out recently and said we didn't have to draft a specific position, we could go BPA.. and if DeCastro is there at 11 he's clearly the BPA. He's a top 5 player in this draft.
Vidae, you know better than to put any stock into anything that a HC or GM says this time of year. Every one of them is practicing misinformation to protect their real intentions from other teams.

That said, DeCastro is probably the safest pick but Poe fills the greatest need.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote