Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-17-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
No, he isn't a project.
Poe's not? We're talking translating physical tools into production, which he was not able to do at a low level of DI college football; so he will have to do something new (translate potential) at the very highest level of football in the world? That's the very definition of project.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People love throw around that he didn't have production or contribute in college, but do you realize how bad that team was? They won two games and had arguably the worst defense in college football last year. One person can't do it all and I think it's ridiculous to knock him for that.

Had Poe played for LSU or Alabama, he'd be a top five LOCK right now.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a lot of big ifs and it really doesn't matter as it goes beyond the talent level around him sucked.

Sorry, but someone of his stature should be tossing a RB trying to solo block him like a rag doll and trucking away to the QB.

The "talent" around him still doesn't change the fact he has poor awareness to the point he's getting stuffed by HBs and over pursues and the "talent" around him wouldn't of changed the fact he had issues beating mediocre C-USA guards in one on one situations.

If we were talking about taking a chance on Dontari Poe in the 2nd round off his freakish potential, I'd be on board. At 11? You've got to be kidding me. His tape is so damn bad that his youtube highlights basically are clips of him working out at the combine.

Last edited by TonyGfortheTD : 04-17-2012 at 01:06 PM.
TonyGfortheTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You might want to resign yourself to having Poe, because it could very well happen.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand where you are coming from TonyG but consider this: NT is a mutant position (like LT) that requires a set of physical skills that us normal humans (even the gifted atheletes) don't possess. There just aren't that many of them around and with half the league using some form of the 3-4, they will demand a premium draft position. I'm also certain that if the Chiefs decide Poe is their guy, Scott Pioli will know more about that kid than his mother does by draft day. Motivation is what worries me, always does. Sure a kid can work his butt off to get ready for the combine and look great but what does he do after you hand him that bonus check.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You might want to resign yourself to having Poe, because it could very well happen.
It could and if it does happen I'll admit I was wrong and life goes on. Doesn't mean it's a good idea right outside the top 10 though.

I'd rather take a chance on Josh Chapman and his ACL tear. You know what you're getting which is a stout wall that already has shown he can be an impact as your 0 tech and it frees you up in the first round to move around and either nab a possible franchise QB or move down and nab more picks in a very nice draft.

I'm looking at this from the stance of it's clear what the Chiefs need at NT: someone that can keep linemen off the backers and plug the run. I see that in Chapman, who would bring much nicer value.

Last edited by TonyGfortheTD : 04-17-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Well Josh Chapman was cleared to play this year so I doubt he'll miss any time, but he isn't anywhere near the freak that Poe is.

Who knows with Pioli though. It could literally be anyone.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

Quote:
Yep. Chances are the Chiefs aren't even going to be staying at 11 so it really is an unknown.

On a side note, lets twist it like this: If you were going to go for the pure gamble, would it be Tannehill or Poe?

Last edited by TonyGfortheTD : 04-17-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I want Tannehill more than anyone in this draft, so I'd go him 10 times out of 10. I do love Poe though, but if I thought I could get Chapman in the third I dunno what I'd do. Maybe Tannehill -> Zeitler/Amini -> Chapman.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
People love throw around that he didn't have production or contribute in college, but do you realize how bad that team was? They won two games and had arguably the worst defense in college football last year. One person can't do it all and I think it's ridiculous to knock him for that.

Had Poe played for LSU or Alabama, he'd be a top five LOCK right now.
What does the surrounding talent have to do with anything? I'm not knocking him for being the only decent player on the team, I'm knocking him for not looking like a difference maker. That is what he is being sold as. This big, huge athletic freak who is going to step right in and make everyone better. But he didn't do that in college.

Vidae, we're usually on the same page, but we're worlds apart on this one.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
Yep. Chances are the Chiefs aren't even going to be staying at 11 so it really is an unknown.

On a side note, lets twist it like this: If you were going to go for the pure gamble, would it be Tannehill or Poe?
At this point, I'd lean pretty heavy towards them trading down. Really good players (possibly even better fits) are slotted a little later at the positions they need most. Hightower and Glenn/Zeitler should be there for them if they slide down a bit. ****, maybe even DeCastro falls (doubtful).
Old 04-17-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well Josh Chapman was cleared to play this year so I doubt he'll miss any time, but he isn't anywhere near the freak that Poe is.

I'd rather have Josh Chapman than Dontari Poe. Chapman made a difference and it was noticeable. People thought it was all Dareus last year, but Chapman made a huge difference this year. He is the best NT prospect at taking up blockers. He helped Hightower and Upshaw get their success.

I would easily spend a 3rd on Chapman.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:41 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

Quote:
I want Tannehill more than anyone in this draft, so I'd go him 10 times out of 10. I do love Poe though, but if I thought I could get Chapman in the third I dunno what I'd do. Maybe Tannehill -> Zeitler/Amini -> Chapman.
People may disagree with me here, but I really like the potential of just plugging in Rodney Hudson in at LG.

David Molk would be a fantastic grab in the 4th/5th round to plug in at Center. Moves well and showed some great strength by hitting 41 on the bench.

Albert-Hudson-Molk-Asamoah-Winston

Would be a rather nice line. Now you've got that 2nd round pick free to make some noise.

Players I'd like in the 2nd round:
-Kendall Reyes (Mentioned my reasons for liking him in another topic)
-Ronnell Lewis (I love how he hits (a wrecker would be nice), think he could play inside and out and would bring more pass-rush)
-Lamar Miller (Electric when he gets the ball in his hands and makes the Chiefs even more lethal with speed. Going from Charles, old Jones and Jackie Battle to Charles, Miller and Hillis with an upgraded line would be fantastic)

Can't discount the fact that someone will likely inexplicably fall and would be tremendous value at that pick, or they could start going Belichick by wheeling and dealing themselves to multiple first round picks in the future. If they need to move up to get Tannehill, they can move down to the lower end of the 2nd to recoup picks spent to move up.

Last edited by TonyGfortheTD : 04-18-2012 at 02:03 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a week before the draft so people "say" alot of things but thought I would post it anyways.

http://rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

Quote:
According to Sporting News' Russ Lande, "many teams" are comparing Memphis NT Dontari Poe to former top-six draft bust Ryan Sims.

Sims, the sixth pick in the 2002 draft by Kansas City, did well to play nine years in the NFL, spending three as a starter and struggling. Per Lande, Poe's draft stock is "plummeting" after NFL teams went back to watch his tape following a mammoth Combine performance. We're skeptical he'll go in the first round.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Poe has some athleticism, remarkably phenomenal at 350 lbs.

But for him, it's NT or nothin'. Something to be said for specialization.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
It's a week before the draft so people "say" alot of things but thought I would post it anyways.

http://rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football
Damn, that's harsh.