Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Rodgers
2. Brees
3. Brady
4. Eli
5. Big Ben
6. Cutler
7. Stafford
8. Rivers
9. Ryan
10. Romo

Not including Peyton.

Newton and Schaub round out the Top 12.

Last edited by tjsunstein : 02-06-2012 at 05:09 PM.
tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Love Stafford, but I'm not ready to name him a top 5 QB.
I was kind of torn on Manning, but I'd take him over the others no question. He just had his first full NFL season and he put up 5000 yards and 41 TDs. Of the current QBs, only Rodgers, Brees, and Brady have ever had a better season than that. The kid is good, by the end of next season he'll be a lock in everyone's top 5.

And just as a side note, I bet if we did this after the end of the regular season most people(myself included) would have had Eli at around 8.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
I was kind of torn on Manning, but I'd take him over the others no question. He just had his first full NFL season and he put up 5000 yards and 41 TDs. Of the current QBs, only Rodgers, Brees, and Brady have ever had a better season than that. The kid is good, by the end of next season he'll be a lock in everyone's top 5.

And just as a side note, I bet if we did this after the end of the regular season most people(myself included) would have had Eli at around 8.
I think staying healthy is an important aspect of these rankings, I mean that and inconsistent are what drop Vick out of the top 10. Additionally Stafford's own inconsistencies were worrisome since Stafford's one of those kid's who's absolutely brutal when he's off. He's so young that all of those issues should be set at ease in time, but for now they still bother me when ranking him that highly.

And I would've vehemently disagreed with anyone who had Eli outside of their top 6 after the regular season as he carried this giants team to the playoffs while playing absolutely phenomenal football and being once again the clutchest QB in the NFL.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hard a hard with which order for Stafford, Manning and Roethlisberger. They should be 4, 5, 6, but who's where is more open.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
I hard a hard with which order for Stafford, Manning and Roethlisberger. They should be 4, 5, 6, but who's where is more open.
I have Cutler in that mix, but any combination of the 4 starting with Eli I'm comfortable with.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
1. Rodgers
2. Brees
3. Brady
4. Eli
5. Big Ben
6. Cutler
7. Stafford
8. Rivers
9. Ryan
10. Romo

Not including Peyton.

Newton and Schaub round out the Top 12.
I like this list. The only change I'd make is I'd flip Brees and Brady. Actually I'd put Brady #1, and Rodgers 2 and Brees 3.

I gotta give Brady that 1 spot still. The guy went to 5 super bowls. That's ridiculous. He had no business playing in this last one too. He carried this year's Patriots.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I like this list. The only change I'd make is I'd flip Brees and Brady. Actually I'd put Brady #1, and Rodgers 2 and Brees 3.

I gotta give Brady that 1 spot still. The guy went to 5 super bowls. That's ridiculous. He had no business playing in this last one too. He carried this year's Patriots.
I think somebody already mentioned it, but Brady this year was pretty much Peyton Manning. No semblance of a defense for the majority of the year, and carried an otherwise mediocre team. It's funny how Brady's role changed.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I think somebody already mentioned it, but Brady this year was pretty much Peyton Manning. No semblance of a defense for the majority of the year, and carried an otherwise mediocre team. It's funny how Brady's role changed.
Yeah, the Patriots have become the Colts in many ways. Bellichick needs to build around defense again. I feel that if he goes back to the studly defense with Brady making chicken salad out of chicken **** approach, he might win another SB.

If he did that from the get go, he'd probably already have his 4th SB by now.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yeah, the Patriots have become the Colts in many ways. Bellichick needs to build around defense again. I feel that if he goes back to the studly defense with Brady making chicken salad out of chicken **** approach, he might win another SB.

If he did that from the get go, he'd probably already have his 4th SB by now.
Hard to do when your QB takes up so much cap space. Believe me, I know.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Really, the place where they ****** up was with not wanting to pay Seymour.

I don't think they should pay Welker what he'll command, either, but that could just be me.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
Not ranking between tiers - really, really subjective and highly variable at that point.

TIER ONE - ELITE/TRANSCENDENT LEVEL
Drew Brees - The best pairing of coach, player, and system in the league.
Aaron Rogers - No limitations. A rhythm and timing passer with a power arm (incredibly rare).
Tom Brady - "Clutch" play has been forgotten; he's essentially become Peyton Manning - an transcendant player carrying a pretty mediocre team.
Eli Manning - Complete command of his offense, most cold-blooded player in the league. Amnesia from snap to snap (in a good way).
Ben Roethlisberger - Best pure physical talent of this group. All he does is make plays, but he needs to learn protections better.

TIER TWO - FOUNDATION PLAYER
Jay Cutler - Carries his team. Worst situation of any top QB the last few years in terms of scheme, pass-catching weapons.
Matt Stafford - QUIETEST 40 TOUCHDOWN SEASON ******* EVER.
Cam Newton - Kill me if you want - he's going to change the way we judge QBs.

TIER 3 - QUALITY STARTER/PRO BOWLER
Philip Rivers - Overrated because of fantasy football. Mediocre postseason player.
Mike Vick - Biggest "week-to-week" player in the league.
Matt Ryan - Can he be the foundation of an offense? Still a major question. Playoff performances have been abysmal.
Joe Flacco - Underrated IMO. Depending on what BAL does in the offseason, my early money is on him to jump a tier next year. Constantly trying to make throws into tiny windows because of lack of separation at WR.
Matt Schaub - Epitomizes this tier, IMO. Still waiting for a signature win.
Tony Romo - Similar to Vick. Week-to-week player. Frustratingly inconsistent.

TIER 4 - BASELINE STARTER
Alex Smith
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Andy Dalton
Kyle Orton
Sam Bradford (maybe?! I go back and forth with him)

Obviously, there's room for guys to go up or down a tier (like every single year). And I really tried to make clear cutoffs. The hardest one is where ELITE/TRANSCENDENT meets FOUNDATION.

After that, it's pretty bleh. You have guys who I'd feel really good about as backups, but hate as starters (like Sanchez, Cassel, Palmer, Kolb, etc).

I have no idea wtf to make of Freeman. Or Matt Moore. Or Peyton, for that matter.

And way down here is Blaine Gabbert.

This list looks just about right to me.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
Really, the place where they ****** up was with not wanting to pay Seymour.

I don't think they should pay Welker what he'll command, either, but that could just be me.
I think despite how awesome Welker has been for us all these years, Pats fans are having trouble with the notion of paying him like a top WR when he doesn't make the plays a top WR would make. You ass hole Welker.

I was ok with getting a first rounder for a thirty year old Seymour at the time. Unfortunately we just have continued to use our firsts to trade down and acquire more mid rounders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

DraftSavant pretty much nailed it too. I agree with his assessment of Cam Newton, I think he has potential to completely flip our definition of qb upside down in the coming years.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meh the Pats have cap space, they've just managed it terribly the past few years. They overpayed Mayo and are going to have about 13 million in dead money this year from the Ocho, Bodden, Warren, and Banta Cain contracts. The team has made so many errors the past few years they'd be an absolute juggernaut if they hadn't drafted poorly and signed the wrong guys.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elite

To me Elite means you are perennially in the MVP conversation year in and year out. These three players are the only ones who have been in that conversation for at least three years.

Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees

Near Elite

Well on their way to the Elite category they need to sustain the success that they've shown this season to grow into the elite category.

Eli Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Ben Rothelsburger

Tier 2

Second Tier Upper

Second Tier Upper players have a ton of talent all the ability to make their way into the near elite category in the next season. Players in this category should be considered the starter for the team for the foreseeable future and be considered an above average starter.

Matt Stafford
Cam Newton
Matt Schawb
Phillip Rivers
Mike Vick
Jay Cutler
Matt Ryan

Tier 2 Lower

These players are still relatively safe are likely going to be the long term solution for their teams but are IMO average starters.

Sam Bradford
Joe Flacco
Andy Dalton
Christian Ponder
Josh Freeman

Tier 3

This Tier is the type of QB who could realistically lose their starting position with a bad season next year. Or backups who will gain a starting position next year

Alex Smith
Matt Hasselbeck
Jake Locker
Matt Flynn
Tony Romo
Matt Cassel
Kyle Orton

Tier 4

QBs who could (or should) realistically lose their jobs to a rookie/backup /free agent and better backups (NOT NAMED Peyton Manning)

Carson Palmer
Jason Campbell
Mark Sanchez
Chad Henne
Rex Grossman
Joe Webb
Shaun Hill

Tier 5

Those QBs who shouldn't have been starting in the first place

Tavaris Jackson
Colt McCoy
Kevin Kolb

Tier 6

Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow
Blaine Gabbert

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Last edited by Brothgar : 02-06-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol @ Capt DinkandDunk

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tier One:

1A-Aaron Rodgers
1B-Tom Brady
1C-Peyton Manning (could drop if he's not the same player after the surgeries)
1D-Drew Brees
5-Eli Manning
6A-Ben Roethlisberger
6B-Philip Rivers

Tier Two:

8-Matthew Stafford (closing in on tier 1)
9-Matt Ryan
10-Tony Romo
11-Jay Cutler
12-Mike Vick

Then I think these guys are very close to Tier Two:

Cam Newton
Andy Dalton
Matt Schaub

and these guys are in make or break years I think:

Mark Sanchez
Joe Flacco

everyone else is either no good, washed up, or too young and not yet reaching their potential.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 02-06-2012 at 07:01 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Geason Noceur
Rookie

Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Elite

To me Elite means you are perennially in the MVP conversation year in and year out. These three players are the only ones who have been in that conversation for at least three years.

Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees

Near Elite

Well on their way to the Elite category they need to sustain the success that they've shown this season to grow into the elite category.

Eli Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Ben Rothelsburger

Tier 2

Second Tier Upper

Second Tier Upper players have a ton of talent all the ability to make their way into the near elite category in the next season. Players in this category should be considered the starter for the team for the foreseeable future and be considered an above average starter.

Matt Stafford
Cam Newton
Matt Schawb
Phillip Rivers
Mike Vick
Jay Cutler
Matt Ryan

Tier 2 Lower

These players are still relatively safe are likely going to be the long term solution for their teams but are IMO average starters.

Sam Bradford
Joe Flacco
Andy Dalton
Christian Ponder
Josh Freeman

Tier 3

This Tier is the type of QB who could realistically lose their starting position with a bad season next year. Or backups who will gain a starting position next year

Alex Smith
Matt Hasselbeck
Jake Locker
Matt Flynn

Tier 4

QBs who could (or should) realistically lose their jobs to a rookie/backup /free agent and better backups (NOT NAMED Peyton Manning)

Carson Palmer
Jason Campbell
Mark Sanchez
Chad Henne
Rex Grossman
Joe Webb
Shaun Hill

Tier 5

Those QBs who shouldn't have been starting in the first place

Tavaris Jackson
Colt McCoy

Tier 6

Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow
I like these tiers. I don't know why, but Eli could win multiple SB and I still wouldn't put him in the Elite category. There's just something about the guy that doesn't fit in that category.
Geason Noceur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor Rivers. If he doesn't drop the stinkin ball in KC I'm guessing he'd be much higher on these lists.

After Gaither joined the team he was back to being his old elite self.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geason Noceur View Post
I like these tiers. I don't know why, but Eli could win multiple SB and I still wouldn't put him in the Elite category. There's just something about the guy that doesn't fit in that category.
It's his #s and more specifically how they compare to his big brother's. If you just watched him and didn't look up his numbers or know who his brother was, you'd easily see why so many people consider him elite.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
It's his #s and more specifically how they compare to his big brother's. If you just watched him and didn't look up his numbers or know who his brother was, you'd easily see why so many people consider him elite.
Not really it is about how he compares to the top tier players at the position. There is a noticeable gap between how well those three players play and the next set of guys. Brees Brady and Manning the Elder play at a higher level for longer than Eli. Period.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 02-06-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Not really it is about how he compares to the top tier players at the position. There is a noticeable gap between how well those three players play and the next set of guys. Brees Brady and Manning the Elder play at a higher level for longer than Eli. Period.
I think people in this thread are having different discussions, or using different parameters anyway. No doubt Eli has fewer career accomplishments than guys like big bro Manning, Brees, or Brady. But if you are looking at who is the best going into 2012, lil Manning has to be ranked up there. I don't usually buy into the whole "clutch" argument but it's hard to argue against it with him.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think people in this thread are having different discussions, or using different parameters anyway. No doubt Eli has fewer career accomplishments than guys like big bro Manning, Brees, or Brady. But if you are looking at who is the best going into 2012, lil Manning has to be ranked up there. I don't usually buy into the whole "clutch" argument but it's hard to argue against it with him.
Ok lets look at it another way. Lets say that the NFL was found to be a front for the Taliban and must be dismantled the new league has a draft to determine the new teams. Would Eli be a serious candidate for #1 overall? If you say no then there must be a sizable gap between those who are in consideration and Eli. Thus he isn't elite.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 02-06-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any list with Tebow not at No. 1 is just plain laughable.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God I hate QB rankings. Why do I have to have Cassel. Why. :(

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote