Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-06-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Luck or RG3?

I know most of us would take Luck, but does RG3 have a shot at being taken first? I'm interested in what you guys think.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say no mainly on the basis that the Colts have pretty much said they're taking Luck already.

Plus, shouldn't this be in the "Draft Forum" section?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I say no mainly on the basis that the Colts have pretty much said they're taking Luck already.

Plus, shouldn't this be in the "Draft Forum" section?
Yes it should. My bad guys.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No harm, no foul.

At worst, I think the Colts should pull an "Eli"
Draft the guy... then ransom him to the team that drafts RG3.
Not sure if it'll work but I don't see why it wouldn't though.
Big gamble.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see it happening. But who am I right?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

You're TJ!

Old 02-07-2012, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to fall into the trap of trying to change course mid-stream just for the sake of changing course. What I mean by that is Luck has been the consensus #1 for so long, it's almost boring to pick him as the #1 still.

But if RG3 has any chance of being #1 we'll know almost immediately after the combine.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:30 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way, RG3 is the man but everytime I hear an interview with Luck I'm more convinced he'll be a great player. Kid just has the right mindset and head on his shoulders.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If it's me starting from scratch I'm taking RG3, if I'm the Colts I'm taking Andrew Luck, not because I think he's going to be the better QB, I just think he'd be the better fit in Indy, more what they are accustomed to, and more what they want to see out on the field.

I think Luck is the safer pick with a vastly lower ceiling than RG3, but it's like I've heard said before, "Son, your potential is going to get me fired." So, we'll see I just really like RG3 as a prospect.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't think any NFL coach, scout, or front office person with a clue would take Griffin over Luck. There may be a select few people in these jobs that would, but I doubt they're top level decision makers. This debate exists more in the minds of fans and media members who want to fuel interest in the Draft. Luck is bigger, taller, more polished and has no history of injuries.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
If it's me starting from scratch I'm taking RG3, if I'm the Colts I'm taking Andrew Luck, not because I think he's going to be the better QB, I just think he'd be the better fit in Indy, more what they are accustomed to, and more what they want to see out on the field.

I think Luck is the safer pick with a vastly lower ceiling than RG3, but it's like I've heard said before, "Son, your potential is going to get me fired." So, we'll see I just really like RG3 as a prospect.
I think "vastly lower ceilling" is a pretty big overstatement.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's always people who claim that the super athletic QBs have higher ceilings than the QBs perceived as "pocket passers". Clearly reality proves this to be true. Look at all the Super Bowls won by super athletic QBs...
Old 02-07-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I think "vastly lower ceilling" is a pretty big overstatement.
That's your opinion, and that's why people have multiple scouts and not just one. Watching Luck I see someone with an inadequate arm, with great intangibles and leadership. I saw the same thing in Joey Harrington, and you see how that played out. I saw the same thing in Chad Pennington, and you see how that worked out. I'm not saying Luck can't have more success in the NFL, but RG3 has a brilliant mind, not just for football, and he is a far greater athlete than Luck is.

RG3 may not have the intangible leadership that Luck does, but to take a program like Baylor as far as he did, that takes a special kind of player, and a special kind of team. The QB is the leader of that, so there was definite buy in from everyone around him. If he can get that in the NFL he can be a super star.

So to me, when you've got someone who has the potential to be a super star, vs someone I see as only having the potential to be a star, that's vastly different. Maybe you see it differently, but the difference between Extremely good and Elite, while it may be only 1 step, it's light years different.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I honestly don't think any NFL coach, scout, or front office person with a clue would take Griffin over Luck. There may be a select few people in these jobs that would, but I doubt they're top level decision makers. This debate exists more in the minds of fans and media members who want to fuel interest in the Draft. Luck is bigger, taller, more polished and has no history of injuries.
With you on this one. This topic is almost laughable.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A GM won't lose their job for drafting Luck over RGIII and Luck doesn't become a superstar QB.

That GM will however be looking for another job in 3-4 years for taking Griffin over Luck and RGIII is an up-and-down QB and Luck turns into a top 5 QB in the NFL.

Luck is the 'safer' pick because there will be less second guessing a FO that takes the consensus #1 if he turns out to be less than advertised.

I still expect both these prospects to develop into playoff caliber QBs.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beyond whether it's a safer pick i think Luck would top a list of future top QBs:

Luck
Stafford
Newton
Locker
Griffen
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck is loads better than Griffin IMO. Hes more accurate and has a lot better pocket presence which is very important.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
That's your opinion, and that's why people have multiple scouts and not just one. Watching Luck I see someone with an inadequate arm, with great intangibles and leadership. I saw the same thing in Joey Harrington, and you see how that played out. I saw the same thing in Chad Pennington, and you see how that worked out. I'm not saying Luck can't have more success in the NFL, but RG3 has a brilliant mind, not just for football, and he is a far greater athlete than Luck is.

RG3 may not have the intangible leadership that Luck does, but to take a program like Baylor as far as he did, that takes a special kind of player, and a special kind of team. The QB is the leader of that, so there was definite buy in from everyone around him. If he can get that in the NFL he can be a super star.

So to me, when you've got someone who has the potential to be a super star, vs someone I see as only having the potential to be a star, that's vastly different. Maybe you see it differently, but the difference between Extremely good and Elite, while it may be only 1 step, it's light years different.
This is narrative based scouting.

Stanford was a pretty damn terrible team before Luck got there, too.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
This is narrative based scouting.

Stanford was a pretty damn terrible team before Luck got there, too.
No they were not. Stanford is rarely worse than mediocre, and this was not one ot the times.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
No they were not. Stanford is rarely worse than mediocre, and this was not one ot the times.

J
2006: 1-11
2007: 4-8 (Harbaugh's first year)
2008: 5-7
2009: 8-5 (Luck's first year starting)
2010: 12-1
2011: 11-2

-_____-
Old 02-07-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

-_____-
BOOM...Roasted
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

-_____-
that is what you call a par...

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think when people say Andrew Luck is a Safer Pick it's because you know what your getting with him, at his Worst he is a Good/Average and at his Best he is a Top 5 QB in the NFL. RGIII is more of a Boom/Bust Prospect because He does have Great Potential to be a Great QB he also has the Chance to be a Big Bust if you don't get him into the Right System. I am Taking Andrew Luck Every Time.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

-_____-
2009 Harbaugh own recruits were juniors or RS sophomores and Toby Gerhart was the main focus.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
2009 Harbaugh own recruits were juniors or RS sophomores and Toby Gerhart was the main focus.
Can't we somewhat re-construct this exact same narrative, replacing Gerhart with Kendall?

Last edited by DraftSavant : 02-07-2012 at 03:24 PM.