Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, Hampton just needs cut. I feel like a broken record but:

- He's 35
- He always shows up to camp overweight and out of shape
- Suffered an ACL injury in the playoff game that required surgery
- Will count $8.1 million against the cap next year.
- He's 35, overweight and out of shape and had an ACL injury that required surgery

Seriously. **** bringing him back. Steeler fans get this stupid boner-inducing attachment to anyone who spends more than like 4 years on the team, particularly defenders.

Cut him and sign literally anyone cheaper and you'll get the same impact.

Constantly pushing guaranteed money forward just means you'll be facing an even worse situation down the line.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can always cut and then re-sign him at the vet minimum with an incentive or two.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-on-pup-list/

Ballard and Beckum likely to start the 2012 season on the PUP list. The Giants badly need TE depth.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the Redskins to sign Manning and the Dolphins to sign Flynn so Griffinzzzzzzzzomg ends up in Cleveland w/o trading all our good picks.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fleener is looking like a lock for us right now. Which sucks, bc Burfict is growing on me and I would love to grab him in the 1st.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Fleener is looking like a lock for us right now. Which sucks, bc Burfict is growing on me and I would love to grab him in the 1st.
Eh, I don't get the Burfict love. High ceiling and all but I don't buy the hype.

I think if the Giants some how kept Manningham and added Fleener in the draft that passing attack could be ridiculous though

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Eh, I don't get the Burfict love. High ceiling and all but I don't buy the hype.

I think if the Giants some how kept Manningham and added Fleener in the draft that passing attack could be ridiculous though
Cause -> Effect

The guy has freakish talent but he's already got a James Harrison reputation without having even played a down yet in the NFL. If he looks at a guy wrong after the play, flags will be flying.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm still scouting Burfict, so my opinion on him could change.

Fleener, my worry with him is he's probably a 4.7-4.8 at 245 lbs. He'll need to get to 265-270 lbs in our system bc you block so much in the run game and the TE's ability to set the edge vs DEs is critical to the success of our offense.

Now when he packs on that weight, how fast is he gonna be? I don't see the point of getting a slow TE in the 1st round.

That's my concern.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mario Williams will have a 22.9 million dollar tag if he gets franchised. He is not coming back. The Texans are like 20mil over the cap.

Mario Williams future titan.

Last edited by Complex : 02-09-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants should just go after Carlson instead of drafting a TE.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'm still scouting Burfict, so my opinion on him could change.

Fleener, my worry with him is he's probably a 4.7-4.8 at 245 lbs. He'll need to get to 265-270 lbs in our system bc you block so much in the run game and the TE's ability to set the edge vs DEs is critical to the success of our offense.

Now when he packs on that weight, how fast is he gonna be? I don't see the point of getting a slow TE in the 1st round.

That's my concern.
You won a Superbowl starting Ballard on one bad knee for the last chunk of the season. I think it's pretty clear that speed is not high on the priority list at TE for the Giants.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
You won a Superbowl starting Ballard on one bad knee for the last chunk of the season. I think it's pretty clear that speed is not high on the priority list at TE for the Giants.
So why spend a 1st on a guy right? The problem is, if you go into the season with a 4th round rookie TE as your only healthy TE, you're playing with fire.

And as eluded to above, if we sign a guy like Carlson, we overpay for an injured TE who again, isn't exactly a world beater athlete.

I want an athlete dammit. I'm tired of these slow white guys. (No offense to the board)
Old 02-09-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

If not Carlson, then sign like, Visanthe Shiancoe to a 2 year deal. He's older, probably won't cost much, and brings more as a receiver than the guys you had anyway since Beckum is pretty much a bust now.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or, if you want an athlete the Pats will trade you Aaron Hernandez for JPP and Hakeem Nicks

Old 02-09-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...and Cruz.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We also have the best TE coach in football. TE is obviously a need, but whoever we field, Pope will get every bit out of them. He can spot these guys a mile away.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
...and Cruz.
Good idea. That way we don't need to keep Welker

Old 02-09-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good idea. That way we don't need to keep Welker
Bingo. Plus, it makes the trade perfectly fair as well.

bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Osi for Gronk. We'll throw in Barden.
Nalej
All-Pro

Someone test him for drugs. Now.
We were trying to have a serious conversation but you went and ****** it up. Thanks.

BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Pats fans, shut it.

You will franchise Welker, get him all pissy, he will hold out half the season and return out of football shape too late to help you.

Meanwhile, you'll sign Brandon Lloyd and draft TY Hilton in the 4th round as the only additions to your receiving corps.

Deal with it.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Osi for Gronk. We'll throw in Barden.
That trade was fairer for the Pats before Barden was put in

Old 02-09-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Pats fans, shut it.

You will franchise Welker, get him all pissy, he will hold out half the season and return out of football shape too late to help you.

Meanwhile, you'll sign Brandon Lloyd and draft TY Hilton in the 4th round as the only additions to your receiving corps.

Deal with it.
Hey I'm happy with that as long as we get a few 2nd round DBs and a future first round pick. #winningatthedraft

Old 02-09-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Burfict is going to drop on draft day. I expect him to go somewhere in round 2.

Also Dwayne Allen > Coby Fleener. He'll get drafted before him at least.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Pats fans, shut it.

Deal with it.
Can I please live in my fantasy world until draft day? Is that ok with you!?
*crosses fingers , wishes on stars, blows out candles for MW17, VJax or DJax*