Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone already probably mentioned this already, but I love the new rookie wage scale.

http://www.chargers.com/news/article...3-b125c04274b9

Top 2 picks are signed for San Diego, as well as our second to last pick.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Jacob Bell retires from the NFL without even taking a practice snap for the Bengals.
As far as Rams fans are concerned this puke "retired" about 23 minutes after signing his $30+ million contract four years ago.

I'm glad he finally made it public as we've been waiting for the official announcement for ...oh..about four years now....

Have a nice life Bell...enjoy your ill gotten gains.
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those YT videos should be required viewing for all NFL rookies.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...torn-pectoral/

Poor Browns. Phil Taylor likely with a torn pectoral.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*sigh*
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

+Brandon Weeden
-Phil Taylor

Both seem like negatives.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hilles-tendon/

Bowers does not look like a steal for the Bucs now.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hilles-tendon/

Bowers does not look like a steal for the Bucs now.
I'm sure that's a real good joke, come up with that yourself?

Tough break for this guy. Was hardworking and really played well at the end of last year. He did tweet later today that he will be back in 2012, but that might be a little far-fetched. I'm glad his spirits are there.

I just feel for the guy because achilles tears don't suit well with Defensive Lineman, especially pass rushers.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I'm sure that's a real good joke, come up with that yourself?
I was not making a joke. But if you considering it a joke I guess yea I did come up with it myself.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An interview today with Mike Tice claims "[Alshon] Jeffery will play the “Z” receiver spot in the slot. New acquisition Brandon Marshall and veteran Devin Hester will play on the outside." Of course, that sentence doesn't make sense. The Z (flanker) receiver, by definition, lines up on the outside, not in the slot.

So, the Bears are running Marshall at Split End (per earlier interviews), Hester at flanker (lolwut), and Jeffery in the slot. Marshall's a prototypical flanker and has usually lined up there in the past, but I have no doubt that he can play split end effectively. He can beat the jam just fine. I also have no doubt that Jeffery will create some nice mismatches in the slot. He's big, physical, jumps high, and has great hands. He can be Marques Colston-lite, for sure. He should give linebackers nightmares. Hester at flanker though? That's just dumb. His skillset is that of a fourth receiver who runs the 9 route against safeties out of the slot, and that's only if Knox never comes back. After all these years, he still hasn't shown the ability to consistenly make cuts without falling down and his drop percentage has always been terrible.

All this after Phil Emery said that Jeffery was the best wideout in the draft when it comes to working at the sideline?

With two prototypical flankers (Marshall, Jeffery) on the team and our best slot receiver (Bennett) coming back, The receiving corps should really be more like Marshall (X), Jeffery (Z), Bennett (Y), and Hester (Y #2).

Jeffery didn't make it all the way through his first practice. Left the field with cramps.

Last edited by Monomach : 05-11-2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Added links
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:07 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love it when I'm right about something.

http://www.kivitv.com/sports/151330705.html

Quote:
QB Kellen Moore's passing improved during Detroit's rookie mini-camp practice Sunday, but his performance over the three-day orientation left a lot to be desired. Moore wasn't consistent in drills, and his effort gave credence to questions surrounding his arm strength that saw him go undrafted.
...questions surrounding his arm strength...

Old 05-14-2012, 08:22 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

You and everyone else, brother.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:27 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh man, if that's how good you think Weeden will be, just how good is Russell Wilson going to be? He's going to win ALL OF THE SUPERBOWLS. This year.
You might be right again! http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...pete-to-start/

Seattle couldn't show any less confidence in Matt Flynn if they tried. I've said it before: Flynn isn't very good. He's probably a top-30 QB, which makes him one of the best backups or one of the worst starters.

Last edited by WCH : 05-14-2012 at 08:31 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get it, if they don't like him that much, why the hell did they sign him?
Old 05-14-2012, 08:51 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

There shouldn't be any questions about Kellen Moore's arm strength. If you watch him play once, the only thing you should have concerning his arm strength is an answer. That answer is it sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
You and everyone else, brother.
Apparently analysts and guys who love "heady" QBs who lack the physical tools don't count as "everyone else."

He lacks even the functional level of arm strength required by the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
You might be right again! http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...pete-to-start/

Seattle couldn't show any less confidence in Matt Flynn if they tried. I've said it before: Flynn isn't very good. He's probably a top-30 QB, which makes him one of the best backups or one of the worst starters.
Well...umm. Mull this one over:

QBs in the NFC West who may potentially start games this year:

Alex Smith
Matt Flynn
Tarvaris Jackson
Russell Wilson
Kevin Kolb
John Skelton
Sam Bradford

Matt Flynn might be like the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the division. I don't even...
Old 05-14-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will admit, I do think that Wilson would have been a top-15 pick if he were four inches taller. I also think that I would have earned $60 Million in the NBA if I were 6'10". And if a frog had wings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't get it, if they don't like him that much, why the hell did they sign him?
There wasn't much of a bidding war. Cleveland flat-out didn't want him, and Miami low-balled him during contract negotiations. I think his contract is worth about 80% of Alex Smith's contract.

Quote:
Well...umm. Mull this one over:

QBs in the NFC West who may potentially start games this year:

Alex Smith
Matt Flynn
Tarvaris Jackson
Russell Wilson
Kevin Kolb
John Skelton
Sam Bradford

Matt Flynn might be like the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the division. I don't even...

Last edited by WCH : 05-14-2012 at 09:46 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

but he is accurate and wins games lol
Old 05-14-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
but he is accurate and wins games lol
Most of the games were against less-than-great WAC competition and in the big wins against VT and Georgia, Boise State showed that their talent level elsewhere was up to the standards of those than just Moore.

Boise has been pumping out a decent supply of NFL talent for the last couple of years now. Moore just isn't part of that.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob Rang, who's probably one of the most plugged-in Seahawks guys still thinks its Flynn's job to lose. I still don't think Seattle's franchise QB is not on the roster. Hopefully one of the 3 guys on the roster can be an adequate starter until we can make a Ricky Williams/RG-III style trade to get a franchise QB.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if this has been talked about here but the Lions rookies out of Oklahoma sounds like they'll fit right in among the other thugs on defense:

Quote:
“I believe I gave the [Texas A&M] guy a concussion,” Ronnell Lewis said. “He fell three times before he got to the sideline. It was kind of cool to see. I just want to bring that to this level, that’s the whole reason I feel I’m here. What’s the best part [of special teams]? If your opponent is still laying down on the ground.”

Those aren’t the kinds of comments the NFL wants to hear, but the reality is that most NFL players are hard-wired to relish the contact of the sport, and many of them are pleased with themselves when they hit an opponent hard enough that he has a hard time getting up. Ronnell Lewis knows the NFL is preaching safety, but he has no intention of changing.
This is a pretty damn stupid thing to say and although there shouldn't be any consequences for this I still don't like it. I'm pretty sure the glorious tradition of 15 yard penalties of personal fouls will continue in Detroit. Ugh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Most of the games were against less-than-great WAC competition and in the big wins against VT and Georgia, Boise State showed that their talent level elsewhere was up to the standards of those than just Moore.

Boise has been pumping out a decent supply of NFL talent for the last couple of years now. Moore just isn't part of that.

I agree with you 100% I was making a joke about how every college QB that wins game people claim to say how arm strength and size are over rated. Just look at the last 2 QB's to hold the record for most wins in college David Greene and Vince Young. Also a small note on the UGA game one of our best DB Bacarra Rambo didnt play bc of suspension.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-for-mcnabb/

This clown still wants back in the league.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

trolling in 3..2..1..

mcnabb is a future HOFer who could still tutor a QB of the future while making a team competitive in the present.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
trolling in 3..2..1..

mcnabb is a future HOFer who could still tutor a QB of the future while making a team competitive in the present.
That's not even cool to joke about, man.