Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 02-10-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
D-Ware Nightmare
Rookie

D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

love the dallas draft, would prefer Trumaine Johnson in the 3rd however. Either him or Kirkpatrick could be a ballhawk FS!
D-Ware Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:00 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
You know the drill, let me know how dumb all my picks and explanations are : )

10. Buffalo Bills – Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois – Many people are sticking Courtney Upshaw in this spot and while he’s arguably the top pass rusher in this class, he’s a pretty poor fit for the 4-3 defense that new defensive coordinator Dave Wannstedt likes to run. Mercilus, however is the prototype DE for the Wannstache 43. Mercilus led the nation in sacks and forced fumbles this year and is looking to cash in off a big season.

16. New York Jets – Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama
18. San Diego Chargers – Melvin Ingram
22. Cleveland Browns (from Atlanta) – Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor

41. Buffalo Bills – Kelechi Osemele - Osemele could play RT or OG.

50. Chicago Bears – Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson
63. New England Patriots – Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas

72. Buffalo Bills – Juron Criner, WR, Arizona – Even if Stevie Johnson returns, the Bills need to add another WR to this offense.

73. Chicago Bears (from Carolina) – Rueben Randle, WR, LSU
84. Tennessee Titans – Bruce Irvin, DE, West Virginia
85. Cincinnati Bengals – Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
86. Atlanta Falcons – Leonard Johnson, CB, Iowa State
87. Detroit Lions – Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia
I dont think Mercilus is a dumb pick, he certainly fits the Bill in terms of need, although I am not sure he has the measurables worthy of being picked that high, I do like his production though. He does not fit in one way inparticular. Nix has not drafted a player north of Maryland, and West of Arizona in his last ten drafts with Buffalo and SD, he was the director of scouting for the SE and loves his first round picks to come from that area of the country.
Upshaw IMO can play end, although Mercilus is a more natural fit, and keep in mind that the Bills will play a base 4-3, but have said they will use it and play a hybrid style, with 3-4 looks about half the time, so Upshaw fits in that regard. IMO Upshaw and Ingram are more likely, and Kendall Wright would be a darkhorse pick as he is exactly what the receiving core needs.
Osemele is a good player, but they just extended pears at RT and are 2 deep at RG. Allen fits the "need to draft a Clemson Tiger" pick every year, and at TE as well, Adams fits the mold similarly to Wright.
I like Criner, but would not be surprised if they double dipped at DE, with Kelsey being 33 next season, and took Cam Johnson, I could see them liking Hill and Randle more than Criner, and personally I love Johnson's value in the third.
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
ryan0022
Rookie

ryan0022 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like the first 2 picks for the Eagles, but no way they select a RB in RD2, they just don't utilize the dual RB style and they wouldn't draft a backup that high. Also, I woudl never doubt the Eagles drafting a lineman at any time but your reasoning is off. Herramans moved to RT and played extremely well and will be there for years to come, if they do go lineman it will be someone who can play on the interrior.

Id see a WR over a RB with the second pick in the second or even a second LB and if Harrison Smith is available for the eagles 3rd RD pick that would be a good target for them.
ryan0022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB Andrew Luck
DE Jared Crick
NT Alameda Ta'amu

I am so hard I can't stand up.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Kirkpatrick, Curry and Iloka for the Cowboys.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
cjrugger
Rookie

cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.cjrugger is so money.

I really cant see Tannehill going #6. Everyone likes to say how the redskins "have to" draft a qb in the 1st round this year but Shannahan has showed, for better or worse, hes not picking a qb just for the sake of taking one. And I think he really thinks he has the full 5 years to get this turned around. That said, I think we come away with one of Manning, Flynn or RG3

Also, where was it decided around here that Shanny 'loved Locker.' That gets thrown aroudn all the time

2. Zach Martin
3. Alan Robinson
4. Ed Reynolds
5. Christian Jones
cjrugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy ****, what a first 3 rounds for Chicago... DeCastro will be one the best o-lineman in the NFL for the next ten years. Oh, and I can't tell you how wet a right side pairing of DeCastro and Carimi would make me. Dwayne Allen, I'm not blown away with but I see the obvious value. I'm more a fan of Fleener and Charles for their match up possibilities and Allen is more traditional. Randle is exactly where I hoped you'd go in the 3rd. Worthy, while I see the value on the board, I don't see the value on the roster. At least not right away. I'd actually hope we went with McNutt there and get 2 big targets in the same round.

This is a sweet one, though.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love that

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the first...the second...not so much. We're actually pretty strong up the middle with Baas' big contract at Center, Snee at RG and then Petrus, Boothe and Diehl able to start at LG. What we need are tackles since Beatty can't stay healthy or add strength, Diehl's just solid, McKenzie's a million years old and Brewer's a raw project we shouldn't be banking on.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the round 1 and 3 picks, but give the Giants Massie, Adcock or Datko round 2.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also a good sexy mock for sf. Love it!
Old 02-12-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Lions would take Burfict over Zach Brown if Tulloch isn't resigned. Brown struggled at the senior bowl and likely has dropped to a 2nd round pick. Burfict could easily take over at MLB since Tulloch was not very good. Mark Barron would have also been a good pick.
cotts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
19. Chicago Bears – David DeCastro, OG, Stanford – DeCastro is arguably the best offensive lineman in this draft but playing the OG position, it would be tough to justify taking him in the top 10. At 19, he’s gone from positional “reaching” to steal. The Bears’ Jay Cutler has been one of the most hit QBs in the league since he’s arrived in Chicago and they need all the help they can get up front.

50. Chicago Bears – Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson – Olsen was traded and Kellen Davis is a free agent. With Martz’ exit, they could be looking to add a receiving TE to the mix again.

73. Chicago Bears (from Carolina) – Rueben Randle, WR, LSU – The Bears have long needed a go to receiver for Jay Cutler and Randle has something the current Bears receivers lack, size.

81. Chicago Bears – Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State – Henry Melton is turning into a stud but Worthy is great value here and could be an upgrade next to him.
Love DeCastro, but I have to doubt that the Bears would go interior OL in the first. With Chris Williams, Edwin Williams, Lance Louis, Roberto Garza, and Chris Spencer, the Bears have 5 players who can play guard already on the roster. The only way this pick makes any sense is if the Bears move Chris Williams back to LT (finally looked to have a home at LG before he got hurt) and if they cut Spencer (played OK, but I could see them saving an extra 2 Mil here).

Be tough to swallow taking TE over WR, when the Bears stand to lose Williams, Hurd, and Knox from last year. Again, that better mean they were busy in free agency getting one of the big names on the market,.

Worthy in the 3rd makes some sense if the Bears can't re-sign Amobi Okoye, but they just drafted Stephen Paea to play next to Melton, and Paea looked pretty good at times last year. I think he'll rightfully get a shot to start next year and pair with Melton for the foreseeable future.

So, it's not a bad draft for the Bears. I like all the players, but a lot of things would have to happen for this to be an ideal outcome of the first 2 days of the draft. They'd better have a top notch WR and an improvement at LT, and still would need to get depth at LB and to replace 3 of their 5 CBs that are FAs.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't see Martin as a upgrade over anything, both he and brown are terrible, DeCastro would be my pick

In the 3rd WR is a sold positional choice but I'm not a McNutt fan and how did Roberts have a bad year?
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would love those first 2 picks for the 15-1 failures.
Not happy with Harrison in round 3, but it could be realistic.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You addressed NYJ's needs even though I would be sad to let Floyd go so good job.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Don't see Martin as a upgrade over anything, both he and brown are terrible, DeCastro would be my pick

In the 3rd WR is a sold positional choice but I'm not a McNutt fan and how did Roberts have a bad year?
I don't think Roberts had a bad year but I was disappointed with it. I had pegged him to be a bit more productive (800 yards, 6 TDs). Although I'd imagine the QB and OL play might have had more to do with it than his actual play plus Doucet outperformed my expectations so it balances out some.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote