Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Where do you think Peyton Manning will be this year?
Miraculously still in Indy 9 4.81%
Nowhere, won't be medically cleared 11 5.88%
Miami 33 17.65%
Washington 18 9.63%
Arizona 49 26.20%
NY Jets 15 8.02%
Cleveland 3 1.60%
San Francisco (even though Harbaugh loves Alex) 11 5.88%
Kansas City 20 10.70%
Somewhere else, where? 18 9.63%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

$10m??? No way. $8m a year max. He's not worth anything to other teams because he would have to learn yet another offense from yet another OC.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:13 AM    (permalink
NorrinRadd12
Rookie

NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.

Houston. Then they trade Schaub to the Redskins.
NorrinRadd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:02 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12 View Post
Houston. Then they trade Schaub to the Redskins.
I really don't think Manning is going to be a dick about this. I don't think he'll stay in the division to try to screw the Colts like Favre did when he went to Minny.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
NorrinRadd12
Rookie

NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I really don't think Manning is going to be a dick about this. I don't think he'll stay in the division to try to screw the Colts like Favre did when he went to Minny.
I don't think that would be a dick move. He would just be doing what's best for him, just like the Colts are doing what's best for them by releasing him. Houston should be the overwhelming top choice for Manning: pretty easy division, indoors/nice weather, loaded team around him. If he goes to a team like Washington, Arizona or Miami all those teams have other issues besides QB and there are powerhouses in the division. San Francisco makes sense but I like Houston more because of the better WRs and run game.
NorrinRadd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
SEA could be an option but with so much money and draft picks invested in Jackson/Whitehurst, I dont see that happening plus Manning is going to want weapons. He would have far more weapons in ARZ than SEA plus ARZ basically in a dome on turf. Dont think Manning would go to a bad weather area like SEA where it rains almost all the time.
Whitehurst is a FA (and what was given up for him was a swapping of 2nd rounders in 2010 and a 3rd rounder last year which was used on Shareece Wright). Jackson is in year 2 of a 2 year deal, for 4 million on the books.

Seattle went out and acquired Sidney Rice and Zach Miller to get more offensive weapons last year, and had the emergence of Baldwin as an UDFA as new weapons. Obviously Rice needs to get and stay healthy. John Carlson is someone Carroll said he wants to resign.

Let's not forget that Seattle spent it's first 2 picks on the OL last year and signed Gallery to play LG. All the moves they made were quite apparent the team was hoping to position itself to be able to go all in on a QB this year.

Manning makes a ton of sense for the Hawks and vice versa, and I doubt the rain is going to be a major or even minor factor in deciding here he goes.

The Seahawks have an estimated 35 million in cap space according to John Clayton so they also have the room to further improve the team on the open market and pay the Manning.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
Whitehurst is a FA (and what was given up for him was a swapping of 2nd rounders in 2010 and a 3rd rounder last year which was used on Shareece Wright). Jackson is in year 2 of a 2 year deal, for 4 million on the books.

Seattle went out and acquired Sidney Rice and Zach Miller to get more offensive weapons last year, and had the emergence of Baldwin as an UDFA as new weapons. Obviously Rice needs to get and stay healthy. John Carlson is someone Carroll said he wants to resign.

Let's not forget that Seattle spent it's first 2 picks on the OL last year and signed Gallery to play LG. All the moves they made were quite apparent the team was hoping to position itself to be able to go all in on a QB this year.

Manning makes a ton of sense for the Hawks and vice versa, and I doubt the rain is going to be a major or even minor factor in deciding here he goes.

The Seahawks have an estimated 35 million in cap space according to John Clayton so they also have the room to further improve the team on the open market and pay the Manning.
All true. And if Manning seriously wanted to play for the Texans, I would argue that Seattle is the next best situation (good defense, running game, OL, homefield advantage).
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No receivers, terrible o-line, bad weather

Don't think Seattle is an option
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
No receivers, terrible o-line, bad weather

Don't think Seattle is an option
Or one very good #1 receiver whose only issue is staying on the field (and he's healthy now), good TEs, an excellent slot guy, and the cap room to bring along a Colston or a Wayne.

And a very promising OL including a premiere pass-blocking protector at LT, a great LG, great C, up-and-coming right side, and quality depth (as proven last season).

But yes, there has been bad weather in Seattle (although I don't think it rained once on game days this past year).

He'd instantly own the city, would have a running game and defense to lean on, sick homefield advantage, and only the 49ers to worry about (a team the Seahawks played tough twice with T-Joke under center). If Schneider and Carroll pitch it right, he'll at least consider - this situation is as close to Houston as it gets (although I would respect an argument for Arizona but that OL is just scary and I do like Miami but I doubt he wants to play Brady and the Jets twice a year...)
Old 02-14-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona's O-line isn't too great either; seahawk's oline isn't horrible, but if we're going all of the above Miami will be the best option for Manning. But I still think Seahawks would really benefit with a good QB.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Arizona's OL isn't in the same stratosphere as Seattle's currently. With a great offseason, it could be, but that's a big question mark.

As for Miami, I really think he'd have a hard time committing to play in a division with NE (and to some extent, NYJ). That's really the only thing I see that hurts Miami's pitch, though.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AZ o-line is horrible but so is Seattle, I'm just not claiming that Levi Brown is a "primiere pass blocker"

54 sacks allowed by SEA, 53 by AZ

Last edited by fenikz : 02-14-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
AZ o-line is horrible but so is Seattle, I'm just not claiming that Levi Brown is a "primiere pass blocker"

I'm claiming that Okung is though.

You have to factor in that he missed a lot of games and that the QB is T-Jack who is known for holding onto the ball like a ******* ******. And in the beginning of the season Carpenter was getting beat like a drum consistently, but improved drastically before he got hurt. In fact, anyone who followed the team knows the entire OL was terrible in the first three games but really gelled down the stretch (not coincidentally, Lynch did NOTHING early in the year either). 14 of the 54 sacks given up were in the first three games of the year.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:

And the real #s are 50 given up by SEA, 54 by ARZ.Don't know where you got 54. 14 of the 50 were given up in Weeks 1 through 3, before the drastic shift in performance and improvement by Carpenter/adjustment by the coaches in protection schemes.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Okung will always be injured and certainly isn't premiere when he is playing anyways
Old 02-14-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Okung will always be injured and certainly isn't premiere when he is playing anyways
Cannot argue against him always being injured but as a fan of the team, I'm hopeful he'll stay healthy.

Can and will argue that he absolutely performs at an extremely high level when he is on the field. No one knows it or cares because A) he's often injured and B) it's Seattle.

My thing is that I think it's a fool's game to predict injuries. Sure sometimes trends come into play, and Okung hasn't been a model of health during his two years in the NFL, but the fact is, in this game ANYONE can get hurt on ANY given play, so why try to predict who?
Old 02-14-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manning is going to limit sacks because he'll get rid of the football. Seattle would be a shrewd move for Peyton, I think he makes them a darkhorse contender. Sign him one more target from FA (Colston) and Seahawks are set on offense.

IMO there really is no 'ideal' situation for Peyton, meaning he will be the assumed savior wherever he goes instead of just another piece.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
My thing is that I think it's a fool's game to predict injuries. Sure sometimes trends come into play, and Okung hasn't been a model of health during his two years in the NFL, but the fact is, in this game ANYONE can get hurt on ANY given play, so why try to predict who?

Because predicting can allow a team to move forward or get quality back-ups for an oft injured player?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Bill Polian better predicted Peyton Manning going down, he'd still have a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kansas City is my early prediction. Cassel is nothing more than average, KC has all the tools on offense to compete for a championship right away. With Berry returning on D, along with strides by Houston and Bailey, they could be a solid unit there as well.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Because predicting can allow a team to move forward or get quality back-ups for an oft injured player?
Having quality depth a priority is extremely important to Seattle. Paul McQuistan filled in brilliantly for Okung and they just re-signed Breno G. who was very, very good as an insurance policy for the right side. The Seahawks also make more in-season roster moves than any team in the NFL.

However, when talking about one singular (and very good) player, predicting him to be injured because he has in the past is just blatant pessimism. I do agree, however, that preparing for injuries with depth is extremely important - but it goes without saying and the Seahawks are on top of it... hence them not missing a beat when 3/5 of the OL went down late last season...

EDIT: And it's no where near time to move forward from Okung... he just needs to stay healthy - it's as simple as that. He's a beast when he plays. And I just covered the 'get quality backups point' - they've got em.

Last edited by gpngc : 02-14-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Kansas City is my early prediction. Cassel is nothing more than average, KC has all the tools on offense to compete for a championship right away. With Berry returning on D, along with strides by Houston and Bailey, they could be a solid unit there as well.
But they just signed Kyle Orton....wait...never mind!!

Seriously though, you do make an interesting post. I had not even considered KC before but when you think about it the AFC West is seemingly wide open every year so there is that to consider.

Do you think he would want to play in the cold? Also, outside of Bowe what weapons would he have?

As a Rams fan I'm hoping he goes anywhere but Seattle or even Arizona...
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Where does KC fall on the cap room spectrum? They still have to sign Bowe. Still, not a bad idea... that's a fairly easy division for him too. And great homefield, etc.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Far more than they could reasonable spend, something like 50 mil
Old 02-14-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
But they just signed Kyle Orton....wait...never mind!!

Seriously though, you do make an interesting post. I had not even considered KC before but when you think about it the AFC West is seemingly wide open every year so there is that to consider.

Do you think he would want to play in the cold? Also, outside of Bowe what weapons would he have?

As a Rams fan I'm hoping he goes anywhere but Seattle or even Arizona...
They drafted Baldwin last season and also signed Steve Breaston.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How would a team that sign$ Manning (Seattle the example above) also have the cap $pace to sign a WR like Marques Colston?

I need to see some fuzzy math to demonstrate that one.

Arizona seems like the best spot IMO in a dome, and with the beast Fitzgerald and a good young RB.
How old was Warner when he went there, vs Manning now?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote