Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 03-08-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I realized we didn't do anything with the playoff teams yet. Are we just going to put them in order of seeding or do we want to talk each matchup? I don't feel like taking the time to vote again. I don't want interest to fade any.

We could just post the matchups here and talk through them. If we can come to a pretty general consensus, that team will move on. If not...I'll just break the tie or something.
we can still start the draft and then do the order in a bit. we wont get through 20 teams in a night.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's fine with me. We probably don't have to have an official vote.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll get a draft thread up with the top 20 teams then...we'll hold off for right this second but we can probably start later this afternoon or tonight. In the meantime, I'll post the wildcard matchups in here and we can talk through them. If we get a handful of people who like one team more than the other, that team will move on.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll get a draft thread up with the top 20 teams then...we'll hold off for right this second but we can probably start later this afternoon or tonight. In the meantime, I'll post the wildcard matchups in here and we can talk through them. If we get a handful of people who like one team more than the other, that team will move on.
yeah sounds good

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-08-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, just discuss who you think would win. Consensus wins. If we're deadlocked, I'll just break the damn thing.

WILDCARD ROUND MATCHUPS

AFC
6. Pittsburgh Steelers at 3. Baltimore Ravens
5. Cincinnati Bengals at 4. San Diego Chargers

NFC
6. Chicago Bears at 3. Atlanta Falcons
5. San Francisco 49ers at 4 Philadelphia Eagles
Old 03-08-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens
Chargers

Bears
Eagles
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Steelers at Ravens - Ravens win 21-17
- This matchup is always a brutal one and is usually a great game. I have the Ravens in a close one, taking it at home.

Bengals at Chargers - Bengals win 27-21
- Another decent game, but the Bengals win. Norv Turner and the Chargers in the playoffs isn't likely to succeed. The Bengals offensive triplets of Dalton-Richardson-Green proves to be a really good group, with Laurent Robinson and Gresham contributing. And with Freeney added to that defense, I think it puts them over the top. They're simply more talented than the Chargers.

Bears at Falcons - Bears win 24-17
If the Bears make the playoffs, it means their offense got back to clicking with everyone healthy, plus Bowe. Defensively, I don't think the Falcons can handle Peppers and Osi. I think this plays out close to how our season opener last year did.

49ers at Eagles - 49ers win 30-17 - Worst possible matchup for the Eagles who I otherwise like. Even with the additions at LB, the 49ers committing to the run will eat that wide 9 front right up. And I just don't trust Vick to step it up in a big game against such a tough defense.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens
Bengals

Bears
49ers

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

WILDCARD ROUND MATCHUPS

AFC
6. Pittsburgh Steelers at 3. Baltimore Ravens
5. Cincinnati Bengals at 4. San Diego Chargers

NFC
6. Chicago Bears at 3. Atlanta Falcons
5. San Francisco 49ers at 4 Philadelphia Eagles

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-08-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6. Pittsburgh at 3. Baltimore Ravens: I'm going with Baltimore in this one. The first reason is that the Ravens have one at least one playoff game each of the last four years. I expect that trend to continue. Baltimore was better than Pittsburgh this year and I don't really think Pittsburgh got much better. In fact, with the loss of Mendenhall, they may actually be worse. Baltimore added another receiver and upgraded the outside linebacker spot opposite of Suggs.

5. Cincinnati Bengals at San Diego Chargers: I think I'll go with Cincinnati. I'm not as adamant on this one as I am on Pitt vs. Balt. I just think Cincinnati got a little bit better this offseason. They added another receiver and upgraded their pass rush with Freeney. It's a close one, but I think the Bengals pull it out.

6. Chicago Bears at 3. Atlanta Falcons: big surprise, but I'm going with Chicago here. If you look back at last year, Chicago was the hottest team outside of Green Bay before Cutler and Forte went down. They finally got a number one receiver (Bowe) and got two pass catching tight ends. The offensive line still stinks, but they can't be any worse than they were last year and it won't be as big a deal with Martz now gone.

5. San Francisco 49ers at 3. Philadelphia Eagles: Well, I don't even have the Eagles making the playoffs, so I'm going San Francisco. I don't trust Michael Vick to win diddly dick. I don't love the 49ers this year, but I like them slightly more than the Eagles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens over Steelers: Yet again, these two hated rivals match up. After clawing into the playoffs as the six seed, the Steelers' lack of running game, coupled with the still aging defense to see them knocked out of the playoffs in the first round for the second consecutive year.

Bengals over Chargers: The Chargers are once again knocked out of the playoffs early as Marvin Lewis and his staff completely outcoach Norv Turner, dominating them in all phases.

Bears over Falcons: The Bears underachieved only managing the 6th seed but they came into the playoffs hot and destroy the Falcons, who just didn't have the defensive means to stop the Bears suddenly high-powered offense. Matt Ryan continues his playoff ineptitude.

Eagles over 49ers: The dream team comes to play a year late. An improved LB corps helps the Eagles contain the 49ers' running game and Alex Smith is forced to try to win the game with his arm, only this time Vernon Davis is being covered by DRC and can't get open consistently. Smith has a few turnovers and Maclin exposes the secondary as Jackson draws Rogers.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Grizzlegom : 03-08-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can just post the winners if you want considering I have everyones votes. I thought lt was gonna post the first round write ups last night but I guess not.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Ravens over Steelers: Yet again, these two hated rivals match up. After clawing into the playoffs as the six seed, the Steelers' lack of running game, coupled with the still aging defense to see them knocked out of the playoffs in the first round for the second consecutive year.
Bengals over Chargers: The Chargers are once again knocked out of the playoffs early as Marvin Lewis and his staff completely outcoach Norv Turner, dominating them in all phases.
Not often would I expect to hear the statement "Marvin Lewis outoaches..." uttered.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens 20 Steelers 17
Bengals 27 Chargers 20
Bears 27 Falcons 10
49ers 24 Eagles 21
Old 03-08-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I can just post the winners if you want considering I have everyones votes. I thought lt was gonna post the first round write ups last night but I guess not.
I think people are having fun with it this way. We'll blow through it in no time hopefully.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ordered the teams in a way that the voting matched up with what round the got knocked out in, not the seeding they got voted in, I'm not sure how much you guys care about the constancy of everything though.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-08-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think people are having fun with it this way. We'll blow through it in no time hopefully.
yeah lets just keep on doing this. hopefully we can move on to the divisional round soon.

RIP themaninblack
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not often would I expect to hear the statement "Marvin Lewis outoaches..." uttered.
Hahaha, its not often he gets to coach against Norv Turner either though : P

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
I figured people would post predictions when I put up the match ups but whatever, the seeding is just messed up but it doesn't really matter.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-08-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I'll see if we can get a few more votes since the 49ers and Eagles seems to be close. Bears/Ravens have been unanimous, and the Bengals have won all but once I think.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I claim to have fired Norv Turner and hired a bag of poo as my coach, how much closer is the match-up? :D

But I'd probably go with the Bengals there, though I wouldn't have put them in the playoffs per say.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I think the Bengals were more likely to make it than, say, the Steelers. They made it last year plus you add Richardson, Freeney and Robinson?
Old 03-08-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Bengals, Ravens, Bears, Eagles for me.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-08-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Bengals, Ravens, Bears, Eagles for me.
you are a wise man.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-08-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the Bengals were more likely to make it than, say, the Steelers. They made it last year plus you add Richardson, Freeney and Robinson?
Has that stopped the Bengals from making the playoffs one year and blowing it the next year? Haha.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote