Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 02-13-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Hey, someone test something for me. Find Garrison Sanborn on the free agent list and let me know if you can read the "comment" for him under "new team."

I'm not sure if those are just for me or if everyone can see them. If everyone can see them, then I'm going to use that as a way to denote what tender RFAs are at and possibly some other things as well.

Thought about it...I'm going to say no. If you want to keep a guy who is a free agent, franchise him or try to resign him once he hits the market.
The comment is there.

So, if there's a player whose contract I don't like, could I cut him then re-sign him under a different tier?

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
The comment is there.

So, if there's a player whose contract I don't like, could I cut him then re-sign him under a different tier?
Yeah, that would be fine. You risk others making offers to him though. I thought about having a restructure/resigning process, but I just couldn't come up with a great formula for it.

Plus I think it'll be more fun this way for everyone I think. More outright cuts add to the free agent pool.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Appy sent sir!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Appy sent sir!
I'm not going to have to give you a punter in every round am I? Boards will be sent, yes?
Old 02-13-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not going to have to give you a punter in every round am I? Boards will be sent, yes?
I've been in every forum mock for years and rarely miss a pick...

Old 02-13-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Application sent. I'm going to ask boe, but if anyone would like to co-GM the Chiefs with me I'm more than open to it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are the numbers for the cap space going to be tweeked? I know the Steelers aren't that above the cap anymore.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
For the sake of this forum offseason, I will set it so that all teams will be below the salary cap. Teams currently over the cap (those listed in the 3rd section of the first article) will be placed JUST UNDER the cap (since they’ll have to be there eventually anyway.) Any real life cuts that those teams make prior to us beginning will be added to the free agent list here. Once we’ve started, the team is yours and real life transactions will no longer automatically occur here.
For Hines^^
Old 02-13-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

15 openings left and I have 4 applicants who are willing to take anyone really. So once they're filled in, I've got 11 teams left open. Encourage others to join please.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For Hines^^
Maybe I shouldn't have skimmed through the reading. :)
Old 02-13-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Something important to note:

Quote:
Moves that are occurring automatically:

- Peyton Manning is a free agent
- Mario Williams is a free agent
- Matt Flynn is a free agent

I am making these happen to keep things a little more interesting.
I've added that to the post with the free agent list link. Just a heads up.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh snap! Gonna be a wild ride on this one.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Something important to note:

I've added that to the post with the free agent list link. Just a heads up.
When are you planning on starting free agency/when should we send you our lists?

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
When are you planning on starting free agency/when should we send you our lists?
Just hold your lists until the teams are announced. Cuts, franchise tagging and RFA tendering will happen first. Trading will also be allowed to start in that time.

Once I've heard from every team (or have attempted to contact their GM if they don't send anything,) I'll open up free agency.

I'll post rumors and teasers in the Media Thread and once all teams have had a chance to submit, I'll make the signing announcement for the first round.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just hold your lists until the teams are announced. Cuts, franchise tagging and RFA tendering will happen first. Trading will also be allowed to start in that time.

Once I've heard from every team (or have attempted to contact their GM if they don't send anything,) I'll open up free agency.

I'll post rumors and teasers in the Media Thread and once all teams have had a chance to submit, I'll make the signing announcement for the first round.
Do you think Peyton would be the biggest QB FA over Brees? Or you saying this because at the very least Brees would get franchised?
Old 02-13-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Do you think Peyton would be the biggest QB FA over Brees? Or you saying this because at the very least Brees would get franchised?
Yeah, Drew Brees isn't going to be a free agent. I'll be seeing to that if the GM does not.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be signing up later today.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should Stevie Johnson really be elite? With his flags and big time drops?
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Should Stevie Johnson really be elite? With his flags and big time drops?
Eh, he's close enough to the fence where I'll just let the market decide what he's worth.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When should we find out what team we are the GM/co-GM of?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Once all the teams are filled.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How close are we?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
How close are we?
Technically 14. Two are basically filled but I'd like those GMs to actually still submit applications. And then I have 4 or 5 guys willing to be filled in wherever.

So we have about 8 or 9 teams to fill yet. I'll start mass PMing tomorrow if I have to.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:50 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

So is every team carrying over the remaining 2011 cap BB? I might have misread but are we using it or just forgetting it?

Old 02-14-2012, 06:49 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
So is every team carrying over the remaining 2011 cap BB? I might have misread but are we using it or just forgetting it?
We're going to use it.