Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 02-14-2012, 06:31 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'll be signing up later today.
Still never got yours. If you're willing to just take anyone, it would help us tremendously.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:06 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've added another player to the "will definitely be a free agent" list:

Quote:
- Vincent Jackson is a free agent
Another guy who doesn't look like he'll be tagged in real life and who, by virtue of being of a free agent, will make things more fun/interesting here.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My application has been sent!
Old 02-14-2012, 08:12 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

App sent. asdf.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
My application has been sent!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
App sent. asdf.
Got both of yours. BTW, killswitch, MaxV already said he was too busy to solo GM, but he may wish to co-GM with you. No harm in asking him at least.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

8 teams to go (Carolina, Seattle, Philly, Oakland, San Diego, Tennessee, Houston, Green Bay) and I have princefielder and Shane ready to slot in wherever. I'll give prince GB if no one else comes in begging for them, Seattle otherwise. Shane will just get whoever. And I'm still expecting a signup from Diab who'll probably just go wherever. I sent out some PMs earlier this morning to other guys asking them to join up but haven't heard back yet.

If worst comes to worst, I can take Oakland. They have no draft picks and are in cap hell, so they won't be that active anyway. No one can ***** that I favored myself that way.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

App Sent.

Random note on the Free Agents, Philip Merling is a restricted free agent for the Dolphins, since he spent a season on the Non-Football Injury list, it didn't count as an accrued season so he's restricted.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
App Sent.

Random note on the Free Agents, Philip Merling is a restricted free agent for the Dolphins, since he spent a season on the Non-Football Injury list, it didn't count as an accrued season so he's restricted.
Interesting, I didn't know that. I'll update the list. I got your app btw.

That means 7 teams left, with 2 fill in GMs plus hopefully Diab, so really 4 or 5 true openings left.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sent in my application.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll do it but probably won't be doing too much outside of the draft. Carolina doesn't have much wiggle room with salaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just an fyi (and not a big deal) but Ryan Succop was signed to a deal, so he's not a FA anymore.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol Richard Marshall is quality? Awesome

Rashad Johnson is a RFA btw
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sent my application in!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
I'll do it but probably won't be doing too much outside of the draft. Carolina doesn't have much wiggle room with salaries.
That'd be fine. Just send the sign up email still. You'll still probably want to make some minor signings and stuff for backup players, but if you just want to try and keep the status quo plus draft, that's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Just an fyi (and not a big deal) but Ryan Succop was signed to a deal, so he's not a FA anymore.
I'll look it up and fix it. If you (or anyone) notices other similar problems with the free agent list, pm them to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
lol Richard Marshall is quality? Awesome

Rashad Johnson is a RFA btw
I'll fix Rashad. And from what I looked up, that seemed about right for Marshall. If he's not worth it then the market will decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I sent my application in!
Got it.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he is a 4th string CB and 3rd string FS, I just won't offer but it's gonna fool someone
Old 02-14-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Well he is a 4th string CB and 3rd string FS, I just won't offer but it's gonna fool someone
Most places say things like this:

Quote:
Richard Marshall (ARZ) - Marshall has never been an elite corner, but has some solid seasons under his belt-and potentially none better than this year. He's a physical, capable starting corner and one of the best in the business in run support. Playing a combination of corner and safety (due to the injury of Kerry Rhodes), he was valuable and played a key role in the development and improvement of the Cardinals secondary in the second half of the season. The team will most likely make a play to retain him at a fair price.
So, I went with Quality. So be it.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Alright, if ncst8fan takes Carolina and I fill in Shane, prince and diab, we're down to 2 teams. I'm considering just taking Oakland since they won't be able to do much anyway (plus I have a fun idea for them to spice things up)

So, that leaves Philly. I asked EATW to take them, but he didn't. I'll ask GoEagles77 as he's done well in the past.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

with this format there isn't any way for me to sign Manning then cut Kolb is there?

:(

Last edited by fenikz : 02-14-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
with this format there isn't any way for me to sign Manning there cut Kolb is there?

:(
"Then" cut Kolb? Yeah there is. You can make additional cuts anytime. We're just going to start that sooner than we start signing guys, like real life is right now.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So are we looking to make an 80 man roster for training camp or just the 53 man roster for the start of the season?

EDIT: This is a great time for me because im not at school until next monday so the more we could get done by then the better! I'll still be around for all the draft picks and if not i'll be sure to leave a draft board.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-14-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
So are we looking to make an 80 man roster for training camp or just the 53 man roster for the start of the season?
Aim for what the season roster will look like plus rookies. I'm not going to be keeping a running count of the total players for each team, but I generally have in mind it looking like what it would look like during the season plus rookies (drafted and UDFAs.)

So, I guess technically somewhere in the middle.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Aim for what the season roster will look like plus rookies. I'm not going to be keeping a running count of the total players for each team, but I generally have in mind it looking like what it would look like during the season plus rookies (drafted and UDFAs.)

So, I guess technically somewhere in the middle.
Ok cool and how far are we going with this? Are we finsihing after free agency has finished?

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-14-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got a question about the Vikings salary cap numbers, BB. What does Antoine Winfield's contract look like in that? Because a clause was triggered in his contract that cuts his salary next year by $4 million, and that would be a pretty big difference in what the Vikings would be able to do in FA.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
I've got a question about the Vikings salary cap numbers, BB. What does Antoine Winfield's contract look like in that? Because a clause was triggered in his contract that cuts his salary next year by $4 million, and that would be a pretty big difference in what the Vikings would be able to do in FA.
Just use Rotoworld: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...toine-winfield

They do mention the de-escalator.

The overall contract situation I'm just going by that article and adding the carryover from last year (the PFT article.)
Old 02-14-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Just use Rotoworld: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...toine-winfield

They do mention the de-escalator.

The overall contract situation I'm just going by that article and adding the carryover from last year (the PFT article.)
OK, I was just wondering if that article has that de-escalator in it or not.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote