Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-27-2006, 02:38 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGF 216/137
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
i've only seen these three, but this is the order that i'd put them

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

Clerks is one of my favorite movies, and is a great film.
i know it's in color, and I know it's only being made because jay is finally clean, but I'm still super excited for Clerks 2 this summer.
Do you not want it to be in color? I really prefer color except for some older movies like Hitchcock's best were in black and white. But regardless there has been too little Jay and Silent Bob in my life since they struck back.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:39 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never ******* seen it.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:40 AM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Quote:

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

i know it's in color, and I know it's only being made because jay is finally clean, but I'm still super excited for Clerks 2 this summer.
Do you not want it to be in color? I really prefer color except for some older movies like Hitchcock's best were in black and white. But regardless there has been too little Jay and Silent Bob in my life since they struck back.
The color takes away from the feel. Some movies need black and white as it feeds them, giving them more power and mroe creativity. 2 of my favorites in their respective categories are in black and white. Pi (Amongst all movies a fav.) and Clerks (amongst comedies a fav.)
Old 06-27-2006, 02:41 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

The color takes away from the feel. Some movies need black and white as it feeds them, giving them more power and mroe creativity. 2 of my favorites in their respective categories are in black and white. Pi (Amongst all movies a fav.) and Clerks (amongst comedies a fav.)
You could go for the Sin City Style, black and white, and red.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:41 AM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Originally Posted by America
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

Old 06-27-2006, 02:43 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

I see you found that movie as ridiculous as I did.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:44 AM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

I actually loved that movie but I just found your comment extremely amusing.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:45 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

Interesting, glad to see you found it amusing. What did you love about it? I loved Jessica Alba and those hooker wars.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:48 AM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

Interesting, glad to see you found it amusing. What did you love about it? I loved Jessica Alba and those hooker wars.
Well i thought the cart . . . i mean graphic novels were kick ass and this movie was amazing in reproducing the exaggerated dark and violent nature of the city itsself. Making the characters all sick and sadastic while keeping values and codes of behavior that they determine for themselves.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:51 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

Well i thought the cart . . . i mean graphic novels were kick ass and this movie was amazing in reproducing the exaggerated dark and violent nature of the city itsself. Making the characters all sick and sadastic while keeping values and codes of behavior that they determine for themselves.
I also liked Sin City because it was very different from most normal movies, and it was a very interesting story if a little far-fetched.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:52 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

That's deep. One of my favorite parts was after the hooker tied up in the chair bit that girl the huge black guy slapped her across the room.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:52 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 06-27-2006, 02:54 AM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote:95041d5274="VoteLynnSwan"]i've only seen these three, but this is the order that i'd put them

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

I also liked Sin City because it was very different from most normal movies, and it was a very interesting story if a little far-fetched.[/quote:95041d5274]

Dude it's supposed to be over the top. It's like a movie long shout out to hyperbole.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:55 AM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote:64772ff67c="VoteLynnSwan"]i've only seen these three, but this is the order that i'd put them

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

That's deep. One of my favorite parts was after the hooker tied up in the chair bit that girl the huge black guy slapped her across the room.[/quote:64772ff67c]

That's how i saw it, but I'm kinda artsy fartsy.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:55 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu

Sorry I couldn't help it, I just love those owls
Old 06-27-2006, 02:58 AM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

My favorite scene was probably the opening with Josh Hartnett. 1 b/c i'd totally go gay for him. 2 b/c i just really have a weak spot for cool and cold assassins. 3 b/c i just loved how he didn't just pop a cap in her ass but rather escorted her into death.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:00 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
My favorite scene was probably the opening with Josh Hartnett. 1 b/c i'd totally go cool for him. 2 b/c i just really have a weak spot for cool and cold assassins. 3 b/c i just loved how he didn't just pop a cap in her ass but rather escorted her into death.
You are very artsy. I like how g a y is replaced with cool, very awesome. The part I didn't really like is when the guy came back yellow, that I thought was just stupid, maybe a deformed human but not a yellow freak thing who bleeds yellow. He got his balls ripped/shot off twice, sux to be him.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:01 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
My favorite scene was probably the opening with Josh Hartnett. 1 b/c i'd totally go cool for him. 2 b/c i just really have a weak spot for cool and cold assassins. 3 b/c i just loved how he didn't just pop a cap in her ass but rather escorted her into death.
It's nice to see that you would go cool for him, but thats just a little strange, but that was a cool scene. I really liked the bad guy with the reflective glasses, I don't know why, he was just a good character.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:03 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
It's nice to see that you would go cool for him, but thats just a little strange, but that was a cool scene. I really liked the bad guy with the reflective glasses, I don't know why, he was just a good character.
If that was the guy who the really huge strong guy killed then I agree. He was pretty cool.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:09 AM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Quote:
In case you didn't catch on i was kidding. Yeah Elijah Wood's character is pretty bad ass.

Quote:
Quote:
You are very artsy. I like how g a y is replaced with cool, very awesome. The part I didn't really like is when the guy came back yellow, that I thought was just stupid, maybe a deformed human but not a yellow freak thing who bleeds yellow. He got his balls ripped/shot off twice, sux to be him.
Yeah taht was kinda weird but i guess that was effective in showing what we'll subject even our family members through for them to ahve everything we want of them. Also makes him more nasty and evil.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:12 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Anything with Elijah Wood in that movie was genius. Powers Boothe and Rutger Hauer also owned.

As far as Mallrats goes, I'd probably say it was my 3rd favorite Kevin Smith movie on the whole. It's not up to the standards of Clerks or even close to Chasing Amy(my personal favorite), but it's a fun comedy.
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:15 AM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Quote:

1. Clerks
2. Dogma
3. Jay and Silent Bob

Jay? Clean? I don't believe it! If anyone has Jay & Silent Bob on DVD watch the extras with Jason Mewes, he is soooo strung out and talks so slow and monotone. Here is KS for me:

1. Mallrats (yes, I love Mallrats!!!)
2. Clerks
3. Dogma
4. Clerks Cartoon!!
5. Jay & Silent Bob
6. Chasing Amy

Never saw Jersey Girl never really plan on seeing it.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:20 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
Jay? Clean? I don't believe it! If anyone has Jay & Silent Bob on DVD watch the extras with David Mewes, he is soooo strung out and talks so slow and monotone. Here is KS for me:
Old 06-27-2006, 04:23 AM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarOnTheShore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
Jay? Clean? I don't believe it! If anyone has Jay & Silent Bob on DVD watch the extras with David Mewes, he is soooo strung out and talks so slow and monotone. Here is KS for me:
clearly you must have quoted me incorrectly
Old 06-27-2006, 04:32 AM    (permalink

Bah! And there's no way Jason Mewes is ever clean. I mean, he's not a big heroin junkie anymore, but he has to be doing a ton of cocaine.