Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-24-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Randle's one of my favorite prospects in this draft and I think he's generally underrated.

There are 2 things that I think are overlooked sometimes when talking about him.

1. He finished 3rd in the SEC in receiving yards last year despite playing in a run first offense with crappy QB play. Maybe he is somewhat raw, but that seems to be way overstated by many. If he can put up those type of numbers in the SEC in that LSU offense, he has to have some level of polish. And if he doesn't and really is as raw as people say, then he must be an amazing talent to produce like he did. (Note: Randle put up about 900 yards this year. AJ Green and Julio Jones each put up more than 900 yards only once in their college careers (AJ had 960 as a freshman, Julio had 1000 as a junior).)

2. He is only 20 years old and played QB for much of his high school career. Guys like Wright and Floyd both turned 22 during last season.

Anyway, I love him at #21 for the Bengals. I think he will be plenty productive as a rookie. And I think 3 years from now, when he is 23 and really adds the polish that many say he's currently missing, we could end up viewing him as the best WR to come out of this class.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

By the way, I have another somewhat interesting comparison for Randle to a guy who played a different position, Aaron Hernandez.

Hernandez also left school at age 20 after putting up similar receiving numbers to Randle (850 yards). He ran a good 40 time (mid-4.6s) but not as fast as many suspected.

He has proven to be a steal and is a guy who is still growing into his talent as a very young guy still. In fact, Hernandez was born the exact same month and year as Wright and Floyd.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
LSU WR Rueben Randle clocked forty times of 4.33 and 4.37 at the Tigers' Thursday Pro Day.

Randle ran 4.50 and 4.56 at the Combine. While LSU has a fast track (Mo Claiborne improved from 4.50 to 4.39), Randle clearly is not speed deficient. Randle also drew praise for his work in position drills. "He did an outstanding job of reaching out and plucking the ball with his hands," said one source at the workout. Sporting News' Russ Lande expects Randle to be a top-20 pick.

Nobody should even be surprised anymore when skill position players only want to run their 40 at their pro day. We put way too much stock into these times anyway, dude is fast and a very good athlete everyone knew that before the combine.

You can say LSU has a fast track all you want, but a 4.56 is a huge jump up to 4.33, that tells you all you need to know about how certain places/people can time a 40 yard dash and have such a huge discrepancy in times. Nobody gets that much faster in that amount of time.

But for now we have people who take these numbers and use them like it's concrete evidence. Why do you think most personnel sit in the stands and use their own stop watches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:37 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LSU wasn't a fast track. It's the scouts who have horrible eyes and a slow reaction time. You want concrete evidence, just download the video and calculate it yourself. http://www.mediafire.com/?0s9alq8ko1bael5
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Heisman
Rookie

Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody else think Rueben Randle compares a lot to Michael Jenkins did as a prospect coming out of Ohio State?

They didn't totally blow you away in college with their production, and they have solid height/speed but play shorter and slower than they should.

I think I'm really starting to sour on Randle.
Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you get that idea from this: http://fantasydouche.com/2012/03/com...chael-jenkins/
Old 03-28-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Heisman
Rookie

Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
No.... I wouldn't make comparisons based on something I saw on a website called "fantasydouche.com"
Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some guys IMO are just athletically arrogant and barely do a thing to get ready for the combine and totally stop training after their last game of the season. It's not crazy to believe Randle is closer to a 4.45 guy instead of a 4.55 WR.

I don't think you can credit two-tenths of a second discrepancy to a fast track. To me it sounds like Randle hired a speed coach after the combine and keyed in on his start.

There's a reason why it used to be said about Deion Sanders that he was so naturally fast without ever training that he could roll out of bed, put on a pair of sneaks and run a 4.3. That means Deion in his early twenties could not do any type of real training for weeks and still run a blazing time.
Even most fast guys can't do that.

When Mike Vick got out of prison and started training for his return to the NFL, the first few times he ran the 40 he struggled to break 4.5 flat.

Just saying i tend to believe Randle is a fast guy who ran slow at the combine instead of a prospect who ran a suspicious time at LSU's pro day.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman View Post
No.... I wouldn't make comparisons based on something I saw on a website called "fantasydouche.com"
LOL. Don't be mistaken, he has some good statistical insight.