Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 03-14-2012, 01:34 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have more like 35 mil or so to spend in free agency. No way we land all of those guys you mentioned even if we did have 60 mil. No way.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 03-14-2012 at 01:36 AM.
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I hate FA.
NotMyJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rucker got overpaid. We will see what Fanene gets.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm disappointed not really about what we lost but the fact that once again we didn't try to do anything even with all this space.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:54 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once again the Bengals are doing nothing in FA. Not only that but we are actually losing guys. Awesome!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:25 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A good start would be to sign Bush who is coming in. Keeping Nelson is important, so hopefully this gets done before we have too many more holes to fill on D. Even though Sims says he wants to see what starting opportunities are out there, the interest for him may not be there because of his season ending injury, so signing him might happen. Agree that we need to start seeing something happen.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

So every FA that I would've liked to see us show some interest in is already gone.

Cortland Finnegan to the Rams
Nicks to the Bucs
Grubbs to the RAVENS, damnit.

edit// wtf was i talking about Grubbs to the ravens...whatever tho you know what i mean

Last edited by NotMyJob : 03-15-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Nelson visiting the Jets tmw
Old 03-16-2012, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

Well like normal it seems Mike Brown is low balling every free agent that comes into town. There have been quite a few players come in visits and leave without deals. Usually if a player comes in they would sign the deal then. Not very often a guy leaves then signs a deal down the road. They had Tracy Porter and Aaron Ross in yesterday to try to fill the need at corner. Neither got signed.

It looks to me like our hope to fill these needs will have to come thru the draft. What i dont know is where Mike Brown is going to end up spending all this cap space he has to. I might be wrong but isn't the upcoming season the first with the new salary floor? If its not till next season I can see him going on the cheap yet again this year.
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I believe you're right about the salary floor thing going into effect this year. I don't really like many of the free agents that are available to us aside from Porter, Kendall Langford, Bush, and the Law Firm but they all have their risks. Hell, Bush and BJGE both averaged less than 4 ypc last year IIRC and Bush is a pretty big injury risk.

I hate that we never do anything in free agency but aside from some of the top guys who are already gone and those I just mentioned, the market is pretty weak this year due to the inflated market prices of these players IMO. The salaries some of these guys are reeling in is just baffling to me. The thing thats really irked me the most so far is losing Fanene and Rucker but after seeing what Frostee got paid I understand it to an extent.

Honestly, I'd rather be able to resign some of our key guys to long term deals in the coming years than try to be like the Washington Redskins and overpay for some of these guys every year to absolutely no avail. Hell, the Packers haven't signed a free agent in like three years IIRC. I guess I can at least understand where they are coming from and with the way we've been drafting lately I'm not gonna jump the shark and be all negative all the sudden.

But then again, I'm for re-signing Jerome Simpson to a 1-2 year deal for league minimum so take my opinion FWIW.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-17-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

The rumor on the street is that Houston is shopping Ben Tate now that they have Arian Foster locked up. It would be nice to pursue Tate if the Bengals cant get a deal done with Micheal Bush. Of course I wouldn't trade an early pick for him but maybe they can make a deal for him. I feel either Bush or Tate is an upgrade over Benson so cant get worse by getting either one.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Well the Bengals finally made a free agent signing. Travelle Wharton was signed earlier today. He plays left guard and can fill in at left tackle in a pinch. According to ranking he is rated much higher the Livings who he is replacing. Hopefully he works out but this may keep the Bengals from drafting Decastro or Glenn in the first round. I hope not seeing how they needed at least 2 guards but they may feel Clint Boling is ready to be a starter.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:12 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I doubt it keeps us from drafting Decastro if he falls into our laps. Wharton is a solid signing that is an upgrade over Livings but IMO Guard is still one of our biggest needs. I'm all for Decastro/Kirkpatrick or Kirkpatrick/Cordy Glenn depending on how things unfold.

EDIT: Also, it looks like we're gonna hear Nelson's decision Sunday. I'd like to keep him but let's not act like he's some world beater all of the sudden. If the Jets hand him a big contract then good riddance IMO. I'd like to see Mays get a shot and there is even talk of Clements moving to safety, which could actually be a good move for him. He's pretty good in coverage and one hell of a tackler, I could see him being on par with Nelson as far as skill set is concerned. Plus, depending on how the draft shakes out we might end up drafting Mark Barron.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 03-18-2012 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:55 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Having lost 2 D-linemen and maybe 3 by draft day, I thin we'll more likely go D-line in Rd 1 than OG now. Once again, settle for mediocrity along the O-line
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:11 AM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

The Bengals are set to announce the signing of Corner Jason Allen from the Houston Texans. Reported 2 year deal for $8.2 million. This could mean the switch of Clements to safety if Nelson signs with the Jets or the mystery team.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkpba View Post
The Bengals are set to announce the signing of Corner Jason Allen from the Houston Texans. Reported 2 year deal for $8.2 million. This could mean the switch of Clements to safety if Nelson signs with the Jets or the mystery team.
Or very well Allen playing safety.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkpba View Post
What i dont know is where Mike Brown is going to end up spending all this cap space he has to. I might be wrong but isn't the upcoming season the first with the new salary floor? If its not till next season I can see him going on the cheap yet again this year.

There is no floor in 2012. In 2013 any unused 2012 cap can be rolled over. In 2013 the floor for any individual team is 89% so if the cap was $125M, Mikey only has to spend $111M and he can pocket $14M 9no more cap rollovers after 2013). Between this year, last year and the 2013 89% cap i think Mikey and family will have likely saved in the area of $30-50 million. Money that absolutely could have been used to upgrade the team talent.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Reggie nelson has re-signed with the Bengals. The deal hasn't been disclosed yet but he is back with the team. Unless Hall's injury is going to keep him off the field I cant see the Bengals using an early round pick on the secondary now. The seem set on trying to get Mays and Sands on the field this season so i just dont see the team drafting any young Guys early.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:21 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

That's good news about Nelson, give them credit on keeping him in the fold by increasing the package over the weekend. Now lets sign Bush, evidently Lewis had lunch with him last week out West so hopefully this signing gets done during today's visit. Assuming the Bush deal can be done, am pleased with with what they have done in FA with the exception of not getting a WR, just don't think they will resign Simpson. Perhaps we can keep Sims and one of our LB's?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm certainly not pleased. We had all the money in the world and we settled for mediocre talent instead of going bigtime. This was a real chance to garb a top OG and then draft one too and have the best O-line in the league possibly and great protection for Dalton and a much improved running game. They chose to be average at best. Wharton may not even be an average OG although he is better than Livings. It makes me sick that us fans start being happy to settle for the average signings he gives us with no attempt whjatsoever to become the best in the business.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
I'm certainly not pleased. We had all the money in the world and we settled for mediocre talent instead of going bigtime. This was a real chance to garb a top OG and then draft one too and have the best O-line in the league possibly and great protection for Dalton and a much improved running game. They chose to be average at best. Wharton may not even be an average OG although he is better than Livings. It makes me sick that us fans start being happy to settle for the average signings he gives us with no attempt whjatsoever to become the best in the business.
But isn't this how the best in the business do it?

Stupid :|

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

Definitely not pleased :|. Was hoping to at least show a little interest in free agency.

I don't even know what the **** a Travelle Wharton is.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do people relize the Bengals are better off saving there money and locking up players like Atkins, Gresham, Maualuga, Howard, Shipley, M. Johnson, and Dunlap and addressing most of their needs in the draft.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-20-2012, 03:16 AM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

Do you realize that we had 60 million dollars in available cap space this year and didn't do anything with it? None of those dudes are free agents this year so it's a non-point and even if they were, we'd probably low-ball them anyway.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:37 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

They had 38 million in cap space. I don't know where people are getting they had 60 million in cap space. They signed a LG/LT Travell Wharton, a nickle corner and emergency safety in Jason Allen and keep Reggie Nelson and lost 2****** guards and 2 roational DL plus more moves are coming. Teams are better off getting depth and maybe 1 or 2 starters in FA and filling major needs in Draft and keeping own players. Reggie Nelson was not low balled he is making more then the Francise Tag would have gave him this year.

Have you seen some of the signings this year? Players are getting way more then they are worth. The Bengals were better off keeping some of there own players and going after the FAs that are being overlooked.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by Pat Sims 90 : 03-20-2012 at 03:44 AM.