Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Who would you draft between Cordy Glenn and Peter Konz?
Cordy Glenn [Georgia] 13 27.08%
Peter Konz [Wisconsin] 35 72.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cordy Glenn vs Peter Konz

We know that David DeCastro is the consensus #1 interior OLmen in this draft, but it is a strong interior draft.

If you were targeting interior OL in the 1st round who would you pick and why?

Cordy Glenn
Peter Konz
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this a joke? Peter Konz by a MILE!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my book, Konz is the best pure center prospect since Mangold. In terms of positional value OC>OG.

The only way you would take Glenn in the first round, period, is if you think he can be a good OT. He's not a first round guard. He may be a first round OL, but that's not because you have him pegged as an guard.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can Konz play guard year or 2 early on?

I only ask because for the Ravens if Birk comes back for 1 more year and we lose Grubbs, then it would be really helpful if Konz could take over for a year at guard and play decently.

I would be pretty happy to snag either for where the Ravens are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say they are pretty even. I would take Konz on the Patriots over Glenn because center is a big need for us, but I think Glenn has become over-analyzed to the point where he is becoming underrated just like Mike Oher a few years ago. Glenn is a guard at the next level and guard is his natural position, I think he will be a stud there in the NFL. He was playing out of position at LT this year, if he was at his natural gurad position he would have been a force. It is apples and oranges, but think how Konz would have done lining up out of position at LT in the SEC this year.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
In my book, Konz is the best pure center prospect since Mangold. In terms of positional value OC>OG.

The only way you would take Glenn in the first round, period, is if you think he can be a good OT. He's not a first round guard. He may be a first round OL, but that's not because you have him pegged as an guard.
Alex Mack to me is the best since Mangold.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Alex Mack to me is the best since Mangold.
Konz and Mack are pretty close, IMO. But I give Konz a clear lean over both Pounceys.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Konz and Mack are pretty close, IMO. But I give Konz a clear lean over both Pounceys.
And I would agree with you.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glenn has an ability to go Brandon Albert and play OT.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think both Pounceys should be Gs anyways.

But to me, Mack is amazing. I feel that if he was in a bigger market/better team he would be All-Pro caliber and challenge Mangold.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I think both Pounceys should be Gs anyways.

But to me, Mack is amazing. I feel that if he was in a bigger market/better team he would be All-Pro caliber and challenge Mangold.
Can't say I agree with your Mack sentiments. He's good, but not great.

As for the thread topic, Konz easily.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Glenn has an ability to go Brandon Albert and play OT.
Except for that doesn't really apply because Cordy played left tackle this past season.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both will be good pros and I think many teams could afford to mostly base such a decision on need, but I'd pick Konz.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Inspector71
Rookie

Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glenn because he can be a RT, OG and fill in at LT in a pinch. He offers more value. konz can play 3 positions, Glenn can play 4.
Inspector71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:42 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This.

I really like Glenn, but Konz is a decade long starter at C.

Anyway, for the Jets it would be Glenn, but that's because the Jets already have Mangold. Glenn needs some coaching to play RT because he does have flaws, but the Jets happen to have alot invested in OL coaching right now (Sporano + a new guy who was a good hire but who's name I forget).
Old 02-21-2012, 06:58 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think everybody is forgetting how well Alex Mack performed at his Senior Bowl. Konz is good, but pre-combine its all Alex Mack until Konz proves otherwise.

I personally prefer Konz to Glenn. Glenn reminds me of a Shawn Andrews/Damien Woody type guy. Konz should be at least a solid starter and have top 5 potential at his position.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:00 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Peter Konz as a pass blocker?

I have not seen enough tape of him to form an opinion.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Master Exploder
Rookie

Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say Cordy Glenn. I think he has more value to actual NFL scouts than internet scouts and I don't think David DeCastro has a lock as the #1 guard either. I would not be surprised if Glenn ends up being a top 15 pick.
Master Exploder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
How is Peter Konz as a pass blocker?
He's fundamentally sound but needs to get stronger. Sometimes he'll overextend a bit trying to get an initial punch in pass pro, but that's correctable through coaching and in the weight-room. Other than that he's a very natural bender with excellent pad level (stark contrast to Glenn), his hand work is excellent (he has the proverbial "heavy hands"), and he's got excellent flexibility and a stout base.

Barring something unforseen, he looks like a 10 year starter at C who will make some pro bowls.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I disagree, Mangold, Mack and the 2 Pouncy's are head and shoulders above Konz.

Konz is not a physical player but gets by with his excellent technique, hand placement and consistency.

Konz is a borderline 1st rounder, he has very early round 2 talent but the last 4 picks in round 1 will be all selecting round 2 talent, so he just might slip in at the end of round 1.

Mangold, Mack and the 2 Pouncy's were all solid round 1 talents so Konz isn't in their league although I expect him to have a fine career in the NFL as a starter.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Exploder View Post
I say Cordy Glenn. I think he has more value to actual NFL scouts than internet scouts and I don't think David DeCastro has a lock as the #1 guard either. I would not be surprised if Glenn ends up being a top 15 pick.
If Glenn weighed in at the combine at 330lbs, I'd agree completely but until he shows up under his listed 346, I think he will be a huge disappointment at the next level, unable to perform at a top level for 4 quarters.
We'll know in a few days how hard he has worked to get himself into shape.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 02-22-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Konz is going to be a pro-bowler for 10+ years at Center, and I feel like he can also play Guard at a pro-bowl level.

Glenn on the other hand reminds me of Andre Smith, can he play LT? Yes, but not at a high level. Can he play RT? Yes, he can be a solid starter. Can he play OG? Yes, Bingo he can be a pro bowler here.

To me, the key honestly is the offensive scheme. Konz can honestly fit at C and OG in every scheme in my opinion, he's fast, agile and smart enough to play in a zone scheme, yet powerful enough to be in a power game.

Glenn can play RT in certain schemes, and guards in certain schemes. The Redskins, Texans and Titans won't be looking at Glenn anytime soon I assure you
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
If Glenn weighed in at the combine at 330lbs, I'd agree completely but until he shows up under his listed 246, I think he will be a huge disappointment at the next level, unable to perform at a top level for 4 quarters.
We'll know in a few days how hard he has worked to get himself into shape.
I don't see him showing up under 246. lol just kidding I know it's a typo just wanted to bring it to your attention
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

What would happen if we added Brandon Washington to the conversation?

I know he is not a 1st round pick, but how does he compare to Osemele and Zeitler in the 2nd round?
Old 02-21-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I think everybody is forgetting how well Alex Mack performed at his Senior Bowl. Konz is good, but pre-combine its all Alex Mack until Konz proves otherwise.

I personally prefer Konz to Glenn. Glenn reminds me of a Shawn Andrews/Damien Woody type guy. Konz should be at least a solid starter and have top 5 potential at his position.
I'm confused here...Why does it sound like a bad thing to be a Shawn Andrews/Damien Woody type? What do Shawn Andrews and Damien Woody even have in common?