Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Who would you draft between Cordy Glenn and Peter Konz?
Cordy Glenn [Georgia] 13 27.08%
Peter Konz [Wisconsin] 35 72.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its not them together, but them in relation to Glenn. Andrews is the most common comparison that I hear to Glenn. Shawn was a big guy with decent feet inside but was undone by injuries. Woody was an interior lineman who was athletic enough to kick out to right tackle. There is a higher injury risk with bigger linemen and the upside is a versatile guard/tackle.

As opposed to the 'solid starter with top 5 type potential' at the pivot in Konz.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Konz is going to be a pro-bowler for 10+ years at Center, and I feel like he can also play Guard at a pro-bowl level.
Konz doesnt stand a chance to be Pro Bowl caliber because he would have to beat out either Mangold/Mack/Pouncey or Kalil/Wells. Not to mention Pro Bowls dont mean much, while All-Pros will go to one of these guys.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Its not them together, but them in relation to Glenn. Andrews is the most common comparison that I hear to Glenn. Shawn was a big guy with decent feet inside but was undone by injuries. Woody was an interior lineman who was athletic enough to kick out to right tackle. There is a higher injury risk with bigger linemen and the upside is a versatile guard/tackle.

As opposed to the 'solid starter with top 5 type potential' at the pivot in Konz.
Andrews at his best had amazing feet...If he wasn't a lazy, crazy guy he could have played anywhere on the OL and dominated. As it was, because of his work ethic he only became an All Pro G for a couple of seasons. The talent was HOF good though...The guy as a prospect might be a top 5 OL prospect of the 2000's. Physically, he had every gift you needed.

Woody had a reputation as being a significantly better T than G...and a decade starter in the NFL with completely different makeup from Andrews.

I get the point you were trying to make though...Just picking at it a little. I do think Glenn superficially can be said to be the mid-point between these two guys...and I do hope he can play RT.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:30 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
What would happen if we added Brandon Washington to the conversation?

I know he is not a 1st round pick, but how does he compare to Osemele and Zeitler in the 2nd round?
If he pans out well at the combine, I think he has a real shot to go ahead of both. I'd already have him ahead of Osemele and Zeitler didn't look all that great at the Senior Bowl. He'll be picked in the 40's range which likely puts him ahead of both and a solid second rounder.
He's a rugged interior blocker with size, strength and athleticism and will start from day 1.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:01 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think people are starting to overrate Konz here because he is the #1 C in this draft.

The guy is good but I think he is also somewhat a product of playing on what was just a dominant OL.

As for the poll: Konz but I wouldn't even say by much.

Glenn is getting undersold here and Konz is being overrated

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glenn is definitely undersold. As a G he stacks right with the waaaaaaay more hyped DeCastro. He's one of the better players in this draft if you're a fan.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im on board with either...the problem with glenn is if hes 350 he can be a studly guard like andrews or even leonard davis...but those guys wore down pretty quick. he carries his weight well, kinda like marcus cannon did last year. hes got feet to swing out to tackle but why? im not putting him as a middle of the pack tackle if i can get a top 5 guard.

most people have him going to the steelers, i think id love the pick as of right now. konz id love to the steelers if they would put pouncey at LG to make sweet sweet sexual magic on turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

It depends on what you're looking for. If you're drafting purely on potential it's easily Glenn but if you want a polished player you go konz. For me it's konz but Glenn has a higher ceiling IMO

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Inspector71
Rookie

Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Inspector71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
im on board with either...the problem with glenn is if hes 350 he can be a studly guard like andrews or even leonard davis...but those guys wore down pretty quick. he carries his weight well, kinda like marcus cannon did last year. hes got feet to swing out to tackle but why? im not putting him as a middle of the pack tackle if i can get a top 5 guard.

most people have him going to the steelers, i think id love the pick as of right now. konz id love to the steelers if they would put pouncey at LG to make sweet sweet sexual magic on turf
How do you figure he's a "middle of the pack" tackle? That is total conjecture on your part.

He has all the physical ability to be a DOMINANT RT in the NFL.
Inspector71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
Honestly, I think the days of the "big mean, road-grading RT" are over. To be a great RT in the NFL these days, you have to have quick enough feet to block guys like Clay Matthews and Von Miller, because defensive coordinators figured out a couple years back that there's a lot of RTs in the league who are easy to beat with the speed rush.

Historically there have been two kinds of great RTs: the aforementioned man-mountain, and the sort of lunchpail guy without elite tools who will always execute the correct assignment and doesn't commit penalties. I think the days of the former are ending.

I think a great RT for a quality NFL team these days is essentially "a left tackle who can run-block" which is not how I would describe Glenn.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Glenn because he can be a RT, OG and fill in at LT in a pinch. He offers more value. konz can play 3 positions, Glenn can play 4.
That means nothing. If an offensive lineman is any good he's going to settle into one position and only play that position. Versatility is great for backup OL, but for solid starters it doesn't matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Konz doesnt stand a chance to be Pro Bowl caliber because he would have to beat out either Mangold/Mack/Pouncey or Kalil/Wells. Not to mention Pro Bowls dont mean much, while All-Pros will go to one of these guys.
Wells is a one time pro bowler and he's 31. He's nothing close to a lock to be back on a yearly basis now. Not to mention he's a free agent so he could be in the AFC next year anyway.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How do you figure he's a "middle of the pack" tackle? That is total conjecture on your part.

i just think the chances of him being a crushing guard>>>the chances of him being a great tackle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Konz is as big as listed 6'5" 314lbs. shows me he may be able to play OG in the NFL.

The rest of the centers were WAY smaller than they were listed.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
Konz is as big as listed 6'5" 314lbs. shows me he may be able to play OG in the NFL.

The rest of the centers were WAY smaller than they were listed.
Either way, he'll need to go to a zone blocking scheme since he depends completely on technique, positioning and hand placement to get the job done. He's not very physical.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cordy Glenn looks PHENOMINAL today. Ran a sub 5.00 40, even did well in the tackle drills.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Either way, he'll need to go to a zone blocking scheme since he depends completely on technique, positioning and hand placement to get the job done. He's not very physical.
Honestly, I thought everybody already knew that Kontz is an ideal center for an angle-scheme, but not a great fit for a man or power blocking focus.

If I'm drafting him as my center, it's because I want him to pass block more than anything else.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote