Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-23-2012, 06:43 AM    (permalink
ninerfan35
Rookie

ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan35 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Fletcher Cox

This is my scouting report on him, anyone think he goes in the top 20 picks?

http://worldsport35.com/2012/02/17/fletcher-cox/
ninerfan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the time the combine is done I think he will definitely be a top 20 pick. The guy is an amazing athletic talent with a ton of versatility and he has proven he can get it done on the field against top competition, players like that who play his position don't last very long on draft day.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me or does Cox remind anybody else of Mike Neal?
Dan_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He reminds me of Kevin Williams.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely love Cox as a prospect. The only thing about him I don't like about him is I don't think he is a great fit for the Patriots.

He is an impact defensive linemen though and those are in high demand.

There are two teams in the top 20 I think he is an ideal fit for.

14. Dallas Cowboys-Better fit in Dallas than either Brockers or Still IMO.

15. Philadelphia Eagles-Would be a great fit in that Wide 9 scheme.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:43 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Steele View Post
Is it just me or does Cox remind anybody else of Mike Neal?
At times, yes unfortunately for him!
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanted to bump this because I've been watching his film and he's a phenomenal prospect.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cox had a good day. I could definitely see him being picked in the first 20 picks.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There seems to be a crapload of quality DTs worth top 20 picks, yet not that many teams in the 10-24 range at all who need DTs that badly (or at the very least are likely to take a DT). This is probably gonna cause at least one or two of Poe, Brockers, Cox, and Still to drop into bargain range in the mid-20s barring trade-ups. Not to mention Jerel Worthy, Brandon Thompson, Alameda Ta'aumu, and Kendall Reyes who are worth first round picks but might fall into round two.

Cox though I think finds his way into the top 20 after his combine performance. He has quite good film too and it sounds like a great competitive attitude. He outperformed a lot of linebackers with his workout numbers all around - even in agility tests.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still will be a bargain DT, I think. Poe and Brockers will go within the first 15 picks probably, with Poe maybe cracking the top 10. Or 11. ;)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poe, Cox, Still, and Brockers will all go top 16. All 4 of them could play in the 34 or 43. All of them will fill major needs for some team.

The Panthers (9) make a lot of sense for either Brockers or Poe. The Chiefs (11) will definitely want Poe. Fletcher Cox is a perfect fit for Dallas (14).

DTs like these guys don't fall out of the top half of the first round without off field issues.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cox has better film than all of those DTs. He just doesn't have the size or potential of them. He also can only play 3-tech. The others could play anywhere.

I'd argue he'd be the best DT for Carolina to take at #9 though.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Cox has better film than all of those DTs. He just doesn't have the size or potential of them. He also can only play 3-tech. The others could play anywhere.

I'd argue he'd be the best DT for Carolina to take at #9 though.
I'd say he's a perfect 34 DE for the Philips 34.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I just wanted to bump this because I've been watching his film and he's a phenomenal prospect.
If we don't get a QB before the draft, I think Cox is my next favorite (realistic) pick.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote