Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
geaux tigers
Veteran

geaux tigers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

LW had said he was 250 during the rose bowl. an extra 10lbs for a RB is a lot especially an already overweight one.
geaux tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

LOL its still funny to hear this about LW already, whens the season start? im pretty sure he has a slow metabilism and hasnt ran a lot. I mean just because someone is 260lbs doesnt mean there all fat, im mean if he looked like Jamarcus with some cub, im sure nobody would really mind, as long as he PRODUCES, lets talk about this next year if he has a bad season and is still out of shape, as of now, its SSDD.
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
LOL its still funny to hear this about LW already, whens the season start? im pretty sure he has a slow metabilism and hasnt ran a lot. I mean just because someone is 260lbs doesnt mean there all fat, im mean if he looked like Jamarcus with some cub, im sure nobody would really mind, as long as he PRODUCES, lets talk about this next year if he has a bad season and is still out of shape, as of now, its SSDD.
He weights more than Russell, now, minus five inches.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
geaux tigers
Veteran

geaux tigers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post

how about LW is 6'1ish while JR is 6'5plus and JR's job isnt to bust thru holes, break tackles, or hit the corner.

260 for a RB is a huge concern.
geaux tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well this really boosts my confidence

[/sarcasm]

The only good thing I can take from this is that he hit this weight before offseason activities. It'd be really be if he weighed 260 after OTA's and training camp, LOL
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Wow, he really is Jerome Bettis part 2.
Bettis was really never that bad at all. He was always big for a running back but he never put on 30 lbs in an offseason just from being lazy.

And o yeah. Jerome was good.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

god im not talking about the 260, im talking about how it fits on his body, like baby fat. I mean if he looked FAT theres a problem....next year, but if its just a little, wheres the problem, not every star athlete is in the best shape.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's sad is LenDale seemed motivated to stay in shape, he actually got in the upper 230-lbs range prior to last season. Maybe Henry getting shipped out got to his head?

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

yea, cause when u know that you deserve more money and have the shot to be a star, you sit on your ass. Makes perfect sense unless he doesnt care about football or CA$H
Old 03-28-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
What's sad is LenDale seemed motivated to stay in shape, he actually got in the upper 230-lbs range prior to last season. Maybe Henry getting shipped out got to his head?
Yeah, he dropped weight prior to last season. He looked to me like he was in the high 220-low 230 range. I think he almost looked lighter than he should. I'd like to see him in the high 230s-low 240s. The only thing that caught my eye about him last year was that he had a slightly better burst than I thought he did. Maybe from the dropped weight, I dont know.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe he is looking to play a different postion lol
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

I just wish we could all stop about this talk, until the season, cause right now its just gossip, an man do i ******* hate gossip
Old 03-28-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
maybe he is looking to play a different postion lol
We could use a DE. Let him keep eating his way to about 270 and play him on run downs
Old 03-29-2007, 01:45 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still say this should all be taken with a grain of salt - when Yahoo are the only ones to report something that's reason enough to be skeptical, let alone how something like this would be leaked out. Seems deliberate to me - maybe to put pressure on him to slim down, or maybe to make the HB situation look worse than it is heading into the draft so when they trade up for Anderson or Carriker, it may seem like they're trying to get Peterson or Lynch or something :P
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:56 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im not gonna read too much into this until i see a pre season game, and see how he looks on the field...but im not ready to call him a failure already, last year people blasted him for being fat and lazy and out of shape, and even with getting suspended early on last year, he still looked very quick and agile when he played, and lendale has really good vision and he showed all that on the field....

off season talk and rumors, and even if he is that big, lets see what unfolds when he straps it up, then if he looks slow he can be called out for it, but i do agree he needs and should want to be in tip top shape if he expects to see his load increase, and it would of been the smart thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:21 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Did you actually watch any of Bush during the second half of the season or just merely talking out of your ass?
hooray i made a sig quote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:35 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

20lbs is nothing anyway. Thats just someone who over hydrated and hasnt done their number 2s in a day. A guy with the facilities that LenDale has at his hands should be able to lose 20lbs of fat in 2 weeks, given that its likely that it isnt all fat and he can lose it in a week. Hell you can lose it overnight if you really want.

Mostly it depends how he is carrying it. Being 260 in itself is not a problem, if he has gotten bigger and stronger(he may well have grown an inch or 2 being his age after all) its not a worry. It probably affects his longevity though.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:03 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Dillon would be a good option because he thinks he should be a starter and he would be busting his butt to get the job for himself. The only problem is that if White beat him out, I could see Dillon being a problem if he had to sit alot.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:02 AM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
20lbs is nothing anyway. Thats just someone who over hydrated and hasnt done their number 2s in a day. A guy with the facilities that LenDale has at his hands should be able to lose 20lbs of fat in 2 weeks, given that its likely that it isnt all fat and he can lose it in a week. Hell you can lose it overnight if you really want.

Mostly it depends how he is carrying it. Being 260 in itself is not a problem, if he has gotten bigger and stronger(he may well have grown an inch or 2 being his age after all) its not a worry. It probably affects his longevity though.
WHAT?!!!!!! Losing 20 pounds of FAT in 2 weeks is scientifically impossible. Sorry. I laughed when you said you could lose it all overnight. Yeah, maybe if you get a liposuction done.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Since the Titans need another back they should try to draft Lynch, or they should give Leonard a shot.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
Since the Titans need another back they should try to draft Lynch, or they should give Leonard a shot.
isn't lendale basically a poor man's lynch? they should get an all purpose back if they want a dual system. Then again using both of em to pound the D-line wouldn't be too bad an idea...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
No, Jerome Bettis was in shape for most of his career. The last 2 years, he was unable to work out as strenuously as he wanted to because his body was breaking down. I'm surprised he was able to even play. They showed Bettis trying to get out of bed on TV one day. All of his joints were cracking and popping. He had to struggle for over a minute just to get sitting up. After that, he had a routine of stretching and such to get himself limber and able to even walk. Bettis took a huge pounding, and he's paying for it now.
And Jerome was always a hard and dedicated work. LenDale is just a lazy blob. It is sad to see all of that talent go to waste. I hope he gets his act together, he could be a pro-bowl RB.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
you honestly drop 20 pound kids off at the pool? that's ridiculous overstatement, even considering being properly hydrated. you're assuming that no wrestler (for example) should ever have a problem meeting weight, because all they have to do is take a dump and not drink too much water. ridiculous.
I've seen boxers drop 15 pounds in one day...

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
And Jerome was always a hard and dedicated work. LenDale is just a lazy blob. It is sad to see all of that talent go to waste. I hope he gets his act together, he could be a pro-bowl RB.
Maybe if he changes his running style.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:53 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
I would rather feel biggest needs at WR, DE, DT, S, CB, then go RB in round one.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote