Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-23-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default RaiderNations 2012 NFL Combine Recap: Day 1 2/23

OL and TE Preview and Weigh In’s

USC OT Matt Kalil headlines the group today here day 1 at the combine, and he did not disappoint coming in at 6’6 306lbs, with 34 1/2in arm span. Kalil should workout fine, and in my mind is a lock to go in the top 3 picks in the draft. Stanford OG David DeCastro is my next rated offensive linemen, and he showed up today at 6’4 316lbs and 32 3/8in arm span. DeCastro should go in the top 15 in April, and expect him to be an All-Pro player for a good amount of his career. Iowa OT Riley Reiff has gotten top 10 buzz as of late, and he backed that up showing up 6’5 313lbs with 33 1/4 arm span. Reiff can play LT and RT in the NFL, and I think teams like the Dolphins, Chiefs and Cardinals could all be good landing spots for him in the 1st round. Ohio State OT Mike Adams was impressive today at the weigh in’s, coming in at 6’7 323lbs and 34in arm span. Adams stock has also been on the rise as of late, and if Reiff goes in the top 10 expect Adams to potentially hear his name called in the 12-18 area.

Stanford OT Jonathan Martin has seen his stock go down, but that could change since he did come in heavier than expected at 6’5 312lbs with 34in arm span. I still think Martin could move inside early in his career, but if he can get stronger he should be able to handle pass rushers at OT in his prime. Wisconsin C Peter Konz has been a favorite of mine as of late, and he checked in at 6’5 314lbs with 34in arm span. Konz has outstanding size for Center, and I think he might be the next Nick Mangold type prospect. My sleeper offensive linemen in this draft is Florida State OT Andrew Datko. Datko was thought of as a possible 1st round pick early on in the draft proccess, but was injured and has seen his stock drop into the 3rd round range. Datko has great size at 6’6 315lbs and 33 7/8in arm span, and could be a possibe mid round starter if he ends up in the right situation.

Stanford TE Coby Fleener and Clemson TE Dwayne Allen headline this year’s TE class, and both are aiming their sights on maybe being a late 1st round/early 2nd round pick once the workouts are completed. Fleener comes in at 6’6 247lbs and I’m sure a team will try to make him into the next Rob Gronkowski or Jimmy Graham type TE prospect in their offense. Allen is a tad shorter at 6’3 255lbs, but I think he has just as much potential as Fleener in the NFL and reminds me of how Antonio Gates has played the past 2 seasons. Another TE prospect that has chance to go day 2 of the draft is Georgia TE Orson Charles. Charles has average size TE at 6’2 251lbs, but is able to use his speed to get open against LB’s . He needs to improve his run blocking though, and I think that will cause him to likely to be a 3rd round pick.

Louisiana-Lafayette TE Ladarius Green is my favorite small school TE, and he reported at the combine listed at 6’6 238lbs. Green is a terrific athlete and I could see him be drafted anywhere from the 3rd-5th round. Another mid round TE prospect I like is USC TE Rhett Ellison. Ellison didn’t put up good numbers while at USC, but is known for being an athlectic player that needs to be coached up. Ellison could go from 4th -6th round, and could develop into a starter down the line.

Other Notable Prospect Weigh In’s:

OT Cordy Glenn Georgia 6’5 345lbs 35 3/4in Stock: Rising 1st Round
OG Kevin Zeitler Wisconsin 6’3 314lbs 32 3/4in Stock: Steady Late 1st Round
OG Brandon Washington Miami 6’3 320lbs 33in Stock: Steady 2nd Round
OT Zebrie Sanders Florida State 6’6 320lbs 35in Stock: Declining 2nd Round
C Ben Jones Georiga 6'2 303lbs 32 1/2in Stock: Rising 3rd Round
C Michael Brewster Ohio State 6’2 312lbs 31 1/2in Stock: Declining 4th Round
TE Michael Egnew Missouri 6’5 252lbs Stock: Steady 4th Round
TE DeAngelo Peterson LSU 6’3 243lbs Stock: Declining 6th Round

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Last edited by Scott Wright : 02-25-2012 at 06:03 PM.
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB, RB and WR Preview and Weigh In’s

Top rated QB prospect Andrew Luck from Stanford is looking like the #1 prospect at the combine today, checking in at 6’4 234lbs. Luck has NFL ready size and is easily my top prospect for the 2012 NFL Draft. Before the combine Baylor QB Robert Griffin III repeatedly stated he was 6’2, and today we found out he is telling the truth. RG3 is 6’2 3/8in 223lbs and now is a lock to go in the top 4 of the draft. Both Luck and RG3 won’t throw at the combine, which is understandable since I doubt both don’t have much to gain throwing to WR’s they have never worked with before.

Aside from the top 2 QB prospects, this QB class is still wide open and we could see some risers soon. Prospects like Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill and Arizona State QB Brock Osweiler both have 1st round potential if they can impress scouts this weekend. Tannehill showed up to the combine at 6’4 221lbs, but won’t throw due to a foot injury so his stock is really up in the air at this point. Osweiler checked in a shade under 6’7 242lbs and I think he has the most to gain out of any QB at the combine if he can impress at the drills.

A few potential risers at QB that could be 2nd-4th round picks that I like are Michigan State QB Kirk Cousins and Oklahoma State QB Brandon Weeden. Cousins doesn’t have great size only being a shade under 6’3 214lbs, but is a good decision maker and probably was the best in game QB at the Senior Bowl. Weeden may be older than half the players in the NFL, but I also think he could be a day 2 pick after coming in at 6’4 221lbs.

The drafts top rated RB Trent Richardson from Alabama won’t participate at the combine due to a recent knee injury, but will be fine for his workout in March most likely. Richardson’s stock seems to be top 5, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him fall similarly to Adrian Peterson did. A sleeper to pick Richardson is the Jaguars at 7. My next rated RB Miami’s Lamar Miller checked in at the combine at 5’11 212lbs. If Miller can run a sub 4.4 40, expect him to be a 1st round pick and the 2nd RB off the board. Virginia Tech RB David Wilson and Boise State RB Doug Martin are possible late 1st round to mid 2nd round prospects that I’ve taken a liking to. Wilson at 5’10 206lbs runs very hard for his size but his fumble issues will give teams some concern. Martin is the top Senior RB at 5’9 223lbs and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him put up starting RB type stats early in his career.

Oregon RB LaMichael James and Washington RB Chris Polk are 2 RB’s that likely will go somewhere in the 3rd round. James is a highly touted prospect from the Oregon offense and came into the combine at 5’8 194lbs, which could hurt his stock if he doesn’t run a good 40 time. Polk is a much bigger back at 5’11 215lbs, and can be a powerback in a 2 RB offense in the NFL. Isaiah Pead from Cincinnati is a possible 4th round steal coming in at 5’10 197lbs, and should run a good 40 to improve his already rising stock after a strong Senior Bowl showing. My favorite late round RB is San Diego State RB Ronnie Hillman. Hillman will most likely be a 4th-6th round pick, and is an underrated RB that will surprise people if he gets a chance in the right offense.

Finally the WR’s checked in as well, and star WR prospect Justin Blackmon from Oklahoma State is the headline name for the WR class. Blackmon showed up leaner than expected at 6’1 207lbs, and won’t run until his Pro Day early in March. After Blackmon Baylor WR Kendall Wright and Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd are battling for the #2 WR spots in my rankings. Wright is speedy WR in the mold of Mike Wallace or Steve Smith, and has just enough size to go in the top 15 at 5’10 196lbs. Floyd is a much more physical WR at 6’3 220lbs, and could be a Hakeem Nicks type WR in the NFL if he doesn’t get in any more trouble off the field.

Alshon Jeffery from South Carolina cleared up his weight issue rumors, checking in at 6’3 216lbs. Jeffery will still need to run in the 4.5′s to keep his stock in the 1st. Rutgers WR Mohamed Sanu and LSU WR Rueben Randle are both possible 2nd round picks. Sanu is 6’2 211lbs, and will need good coaching to develop himself into a stud WR. Randle never had great QB play, and he could use his great size at 6’3 210lbs to help a pass offense in the NFL. A mid round WR prospect I like is T.Y. Hilton from Florida International. He is a very quick WR at 5’10 183lbs, and could contribute at a return man as well and will go in the 3rd-5th range. A good late round WR from another small school is Western Michigan WR Jordan White. White doesn’t have great size just being 6’0 208lbs, but uses his body and stregnth to catch some amazing passes from the QB. White will be a 5th or 6th round pick in all likelihood, but I could see him making some clutch catches as a rookie if he gets drafted by a good team.

Other Noteable Prospect Weigh In’s:

QB Nick Foles Arizona 6’5 243lbs Stock: Steady Late 3rd Round

QB Russell Wilson Wisconsin 5’10 204lbs Stock: Improving 5th Round

RB Bernard Piere Temple 6’0 218lbs Stock: Steady 4th Round

RB Dan Herron Ohio State 5’10 213lbs Stock: Declining 6th Round

WR Joe Adams Arkansas 5’11 179lbs Stock: Improving 2nd Round

WR Juron Criner Arizona 6’3 224lbs Stock: Improving 3rd Round

WR Ryan Broyles 5’10 192lbs Stock: Declining 4th Round

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 02-25-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

OL & TE Workouts

Today on day 3 of the NFL Combine the OL and TE, USC OT Matt Kalil ran an unoffiicial impressive 4.99 40 time and looked great in the oline drills and put up 30 225lbs bench press reps. Kalil is poised to go in the top 3 of this draft, and will recieve an elite grade from me once my final grades are completed.

After Kalil, Stanford OG David DeCastro and Iowa OT Riley Reiff are the next top Offensive linemen. DeCastro ran a 5.43 40 which is just average, but excelled in position drills and also benched 34 reps. Reiff put up 23 reps which is just average, and looked solid in the drills and ran a 5.23 40. DeCastro looked like the elite OG prospect we all thought he was, and Reiff to me looked only average and sloppy.

Big OT prospects Mike Adams from Ohio State and Cordy Glenn from Georgia both had solid workouts today and look like 1st round picks. Glenn ran an impressive 5.15 40 at 345lbs, and looked okay on the field in some drills. Adams ran a 5.40 4o which isn’t too good, but looked better on the field in position drills and might be a top 20 pick while Glenn will be more in the 20-32 area.

Top Center prospect Peter Konz did not run, but put up 33 bench press reps and should see his stock somewhere in the 1st round once April comes around. Michael Brewster from Ohio State ran a very solid 5.35 40 for a Center, but looked sloppy in drills and is a mid round prospect now. Late 1st round prospect Jonathan Martin from Stanford did not participate in the bench press or drills because he was sick, and might be the 5th best OT behind Kalil, Reiff, Adams and Glenn. The fastest 40 time for a Offensive linemen came from Adam Gettis from Iowa, who will likely end up as a 6th round pick.

My top rated TE prospect Coby Fleener did not run at the combine because of an ankle injury, but benched 27 reps which tied with Clemson TE Dwayne Allen with the 2nd most for a TE. Allen only ran a 4.89 40 which is very disappointing, and might be a 3rd round prospect if he can’t run better at his pro day. Orson Charles from Georgia didn’t particpate today in the 40 and struggled in some drills as well, but put up the most bench press reps out of any TE with 35 and should have a lot of teams attention at his Pro Day in March.

Ladarius Green from Louisiana-Laffayette ran the 2nd best 4o time with a 4.53 40, and looks like a potential Aaron Hernandez type of pass catcher in the NFL. James Hanna from Oklahoma ran the fastest 40 with a 4.49 40, and might have helped his stock enough to get drafted. Michael Egnew from Missouri has looked very solid running a 4.62 40 and looking good in the drills, he will make a team very happy if he gets drafted in the 4th or 5th round.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 02-25-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Defensive Front 7 Preview and Weigh In’s

The 2012 NFL Draft has 2 Defensive front 7 prospects in my top 10, DT Michael Brockers from LSU and DE Quinton Coples from UNC. Brockers checked in at an impressive 6’5 322lbs, and is by far my top DT prospect at this time. Coples has great size at 6’6 284lbs, and should be able to impact the pass and run defense.

SEC pass rushers Courtney Upshaw from Alabama and Melvin Ingram from South Carolina are the top DE/OLB prospects, and should be top 15 picks. Upshaw has NFL ready size at 6’2 272lbs and should transition to the NFL easily in a 3-4 defense. Ingram is a tad shorter than Upshaw at 6’1 261lbs, and it will be interesting to see how these 2 prospects move around in the drills and 40 yard dash.

The top NT prospect Dontari Poe from Memphis and Alameda Ta’amu from Washington both showed up at the combine at 345lbs+, and will likely both be 1st round picks. Another potential 1st round DT is Fletcher Cox from Mississippi State, and he checked in at 6’4 298lbs. He could have a Corey Luiget type rise in he performs well in the drills, and he is a top 20 prospect right now for me.

Nick Perry from USC and Zach Brown from UNC are 2 OLB prospects that are poised to have outstanding workouts on Monday. Perry’s best fit in the NFL is as a 3-4 OLB, and he showed up today at 6’3 271lbs. Brown has the potential to run a 4.4 40, and fits as a WLB in a 4-3 defense at 6’1 244lbs.

The top ILB prospects Luke Kuechly from Boston College and Vontaze Burfict from Arizona State both should have a lot of eyes on them if they participate in the drills. Kuechly at 6’3 243lbs has been projected to go in the top 15 for most the season, while Burfict at 6’1 248lbs has seen his stock go down as the draft process has moved on.

A few day 2 Defensive front 7 prospects I like are DE/OLB Chandler Jones from Syracuse, ILB Audie Cole from North Carolina State and Kendall Reyes from UCONN. Jones at 6’5 266lbs stock will really be determined by his workouts and 40 time, and could even see a jump into the late 1st round. Cole is a very solid LB prospect that can likely play all 3 LB spots in a 4-3 defense, and should perform well in the workouts with the other LB prospects. Reyes stock has steadily gone up into the 2nd round now, and at 6’4 299lbs he should be able to play DT in a 4-3 or DE in a 3-4 in the NFL.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 02-25-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of your stats are off my man :P

Konz only put up 18 reps, not 33.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
Some of your stats are off my man :P

Konz only put up 18 reps, not 33.
I have unreliable twitter accounts >:(

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 02-26-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Luck and RG3 Shine During QB, RB and WR Workouts

2 of the top 2012 NFL Draft prospects QB Andrew Luck from Stanford and Robert Griffin III from Baylor both had outstanding workouts today at the combine, and showed they are without a doubt the top 2 prospects in this draft. Luck is known for being a very smart and accurate passer, but is also an underrated athlete at QB running a 4.67 40. RG3 had a great day today at the combine, and might have solidified himself at the #2 pick behind Luck. RG3 ran a 4.41 40, which is Mike Vick like speed and should look great at his Pro Day in March.

Possible late 1st round QB prospects Ryan Tannehill from Texas A&M and Brock Osweiler from Arizona State did not participate in any combine drills, and stocks are up in the air until their Pro Days. Kirk Cousins from Michigan State and Russell Wilson from Wisconsin are 2 Big Ten QB’s that threw very well at the combine. Cousins stock has been on the rise, and could be in the 3rd round range. Wilson is very short, but has very solid athleticism running a 4.55 4o0 and could develop into a solid NFL QB down the line.

The drafts top RB Trent Richardson also didn’t participate in any drills today, but should see his stock around the top 5 if he can bounce back from his knee injury. Lamar Miller from Miami is a possible late 1st round pick, and ran a 4.38 40 which was near the top for all RB 4o times. David Wilson from Viginia Tech had a very good 40 time running a 4.40 flat and also a 41in vertical which was the top for any RB prospect.

Possible 3rd round picks LaMichael James from Orgeon, Doug Martin from Boise State and Chris Polk from Washington all had very good performances today. James ran a 4.37 40 showing his blazing NFL type speed, Martin looked NFL ready running a 4.47 40 and should see a good amount of carries early in his career, and Polk ran a surprising 4.46 40 at 215lbs which might save his stock from dropping after a weak Senior Bowl week.

Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon did not run the 40 today, but looked very solid in the drills and should remain a very high 1st round pick. WR Michael Floyd from Notre Dame might have rised into the top 15 and the possible 2nd WR off the board after a 4.47 40 and looked smooth in the receiving drills. Baylor WR Kendall Wright had a very disappointing day running a 4.61 40, which is much slower than expected. He might fall into the 20′s once April comes around if he doesn’t run a better 40 at his Pro Day.

Alshon Jeffery WR from South Carolina did not run a 40, which is disappointing as well since I’m sure many teams wanted to see how he ran at 216lbs. Stephon Hill from Georgia Tech ran the fastest time for a WR running a 4.36 40 at 6’4 215lbs and could see his stock rise into the day 2 discussion now. Mohamed Sanu from Rutgers and Rueben Randle from LSU both had bad 40 times, Sanu running a 4.67 and Randle a 4.55. Both will not be 1st round picks, but I could see Sanu going in early in the 2nd to be with former Rutgers Head Coach Greg Schiano.

Stanford WR Chris Owusu and Miami WR Travis Benjamin also ran 4.36 40 which tied for the fastest 40 time for a WR, and both will likely be day 3 picks though with Owusu’s injury concerns and Benjamin’s small size. Top Senior Bowl performers Joe Adams from Arkansas and Juron Criner from Arizona ran slow 40′s, Adams with a 4.55 and Criner with a 4.68 40. I think both of those prospects will be 3rd/4th round pick.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707