Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Is Wes Welker the Most Overrated Player in the NFL?

So, I read an article listing the ten most overrated players in the NFL. At the top of that list is Wes Welker. I this true? I think that Welker is a terrific slot receiver, but by no means a #1 wideout. Also, I don't think that Davone Bess or another NFL slot receiver could do the same thing as Welker has over the last five seasons. I could pretty easily mention quite a lot of players in the NFL that I feel is more overrated than Welker. But I wanted to see what NFLDC had to say about this. So.... Discuss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Article loses all of its credibility for refusing to name Michael Vick and going by dog-killer.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Article loses all of its credibility for refusing to name Michael Vick and going by dog-killer.
Well, he is completely correct in saying that Michael Vick is overrated though. The fact that he has signed TWO $100 million contracts despite only playing 16 games once, never having back-to-back winning seasons, and being an asshole is outrageous. After last season, some people were putting Vick in the top-five of QBs and almost everybody listed him as a top-ten QB. Personally, I would put him more in the 13-15 range.

He is also pretty right on about DeSean Jackson (injury prone, one-trick pony). I think he should have listed Troy Polamalu, who misses a lot of tackle and is so poor in coverage that he often looks like he is covering dirt (and the dirt often beats him). I disagree about Brandon Marshall. He has five straight 1000 yard seasons, despite playing with Chad Henne and Matt Moore at QB.

About Welker, I do think he is overrated. I think he is in the perfect situation in New England. But if he was ever asked to be a number one receiver on a team, he would be average at best. Welker is great at what he does. But if I'm picking receivers to start a team, there would be a bunch of guys I would choose before Welker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so sick of the system argument when it comes to Wes Welker. What's so wrong about finding a guy that fits your system and him mastering it?
Old 02-21-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
billybeejr
Rookie

billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randy Moss? Did he even play this year?
billybeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This article is horrible, and unprofessional. It seems like it is simply a list of people he hates, and I fail to see how anyone could take anything he says seriously.

Hell, his basis for putting Vick on there is that "He's not much of a runner anymore." Seriously? VICK RUNS TOO MUCH! VICK DOESN'T RUN ENOUGHZZZ!

Never mind the fact he averaged a full YPC more than last year.

He calls out Brandon Marshall's inability to WIN FOOTBALL GAMES. As a wide receiver.

Who actually thinks that Turner is an elite back anymore? Who actually thinks Blount ever was? Then, his reference for backing up his claim that Welker is overrated, is a quote from a forum mod of his. Excuse me for not actually giving a **** what the moderator of your forum thinks.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the whole "Welker's only a slot WR" argument. At the end of the day he played the most snaps at WR for the Patriots. Slot WR is a vital part of NFL offenses now. Many so called #1 WRs couldn't do what Wes Welker does because it is a completely different skill set. Wes Welker isn't going to line up outside the numbers and run fade routes because that doesn't suit him. In the same way that Calvin Johnson isn't going to line up in the slot and run whips and drags.

Playing in the slot and being successful requires a completely different skill set than lining up outside. Slot WRs don't necessarily have to beat CB coverage as much but they need to utilise the space they are afforded in the middle of the field. It requires much more cognitive thinking pre and post snap.

A WR will normally only have to worry about the way the CB and maybe the safety to his side are playing. Does the CB squat in short zone, is the safety rolling his way, is it man coverage, is it cover 3 etc. The slot WR will have to worry about nickel CBs, LB zones, safeties coming down, defensive linemen in zone blitz schemes etc.

Particularly for the Patriots, Welker needs to run more option routes and be on the same page as Tom Brady.

Is Welker physically on the same level as Calvin Johnson or Randy Moss? No but the position he plays requires him to be less of a physical freak and more of a thinker. Playing slot WR is completely different than being split out wide.

Demarcus Ware is a great OLB but I'm pretty sure he would suck at CB

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I'm so sick of the system argument when it comes to Wes Welker. What's so wrong about finding a guy that fits your system and him mastering it?
Nothing is wrong with that, and I wouldn't say Welker is any less valuable to the Patriots than most top receivers are to their teams, but I certainly would pick many of them over Welker if I were starting a team from scratch. In that regard, I'd tend to agree that Welker is overrated. Put Calvin Johnson in any other scheme and he'll be excellent. Put Welker in any other scheme and he might just be good.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can make an argument that the slot WR is the most important piece to a passing offense nowadays.

In the 90s the TE emerged as a threat to beat Cover 2, which was dominating the NFL at the time.

Now that defenses have caught up (in theory) to those TEs, the slot WR who runs that choice route is the new mismatch of sorts. Not really a "new" mismatch, but a rediscovered mismatch.

If he's running a choice, he should beat any coverage you throw at him underneath as long as he diagnosises it accurately.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate when someone "smart and crafty" uses that to their advantage. I would prefer an average player in all systems than the guy who decided to be great in my system.

I think it's down right stupid for anyone to show appreciation for a player making the most of the opportunity he was given. In fact, if I was Wes Welker, I would demand a trade to prove myself outside of that New England system and to get away from a future hall of fame candidate in Tom Brady.

It really makes you wonder what Bill Belichick was even thinking when he signed this guy. Once again, he aimlessly threw a dart at a board and got lucky. He probably had no idea what Welker could do and how he was going to use him in his system. Bill is just fortunate it all worked out, because it was a pretty stupid move to trade a 2nd and 7th round pick for such an overrated ball-dropping machine like Wes.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Yeah, I can't really argue that. Whether it's "Dog Killer," "Rapelisberger" or the ever-so-clever "Belicheat," I immediately dismiss the author as a juvenile jackass and disregard anything that follows. In the first few months it's at least relevant, but a few years later it's the work of a petty and small mind.

Overrated / Underated discussions are pointless because they're too ambiguous.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Overrated / Underated discussions are pointless because they're too ambiguous.
Too bad you feel that way. I was thinking that I'd put together an All Underrated and an All Overrated team and start some threads on those just to get the mayhem started. I hate when the season stops and activity falls in the forums. I probably should save that for after the draft though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Last edited by Razor : 02-21-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Too bad you feel that way. I was thinking that I'd put together an All Underrated and an All Overrated team and start some threads on those just to get the mayhem started. I hate when the season stops and activity falls in the forums. I probably should save that for after the draft though...
Please, feel free. I'm sure when it slows down in here I'll need something to crap on.

;)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think so! He is a damn good wr who is very productive. I think he is rated fine. I don't see an issue with Welker.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welker isn't in anyone's top 5 WRs.

Welker isn't spoken of in terms of being a do-it-all threat.

Welker is a guy who has a niche and excels at it.

No one is overrating him that I've seen. He's just damn good at his job.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post

That's the thing. Top 5 of what? Most talented or Most productive? I think both are different things. Talent doesn't always translate into production. Welker was the most productive WR this past season. He may not be # 1 in talent, but when it came to productivity he was # 1.

So I find that very interesting between talent vs productivity. What a fan rather have? Elite talent or elite productivity?
Old 02-21-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
This article is horrible, and unprofessional. It seems like it is simply a list of people he hates, and I fail to see how anyone could take anything he says seriously.

Hell, his basis for putting Vick on there is that "He's not much of a runner anymore." Seriously? VICK RUNS TOO MUCH! VICK DOESN'T RUN ENOUGHZZZ!

Never mind the fact he averaged a full YPC more than last year.

He calls out Brandon Marshall's inability to WIN FOOTBALL GAMES. As a wide receiver.

Who actually thinks that Turner is an elite back anymore? Who actually thinks Blount ever was? Then, his reference for backing up his claim that Welker is overrated, is a quote from a forum mod of his. Excuse me for not actually giving a **** what the moderator of your forum thinks.
I agree with this assesment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I hate when someone "smart and crafty" uses that to their advantage. I would prefer an average player in all systems than the guy who decided to be great in my system.

I think it's down right stupid for anyone to show appreciation for a player making the most of the opportunity he was given. In fact, if I was Wes Welker, I would demand a trade to prove myself outside of that New England system and to get away from a future hall of fame candidate in Tom Brady.

It really makes you wonder what Bill Belichick was even thinking when he signed this guy. Once again, he aimlessly threw a dart at a board and got lucky. He probably had no idea what Welker could do and how he was going to use him in his system. Bill is just fortunate it all worked out, because it was a pretty stupid move to trade a 2nd and 7th round pick for such an overrated ball-dropping machine like Wes.
Why the crap does it matter how a player does in other teams systems? You want the best players that can play in your system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post

Agreed.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I stopped reading and started to skim and laugh after the Marshall being #5, which is complete nonsense. The Dolphins don't have an offense without him and he is a hell of a player. Nimwitted and a premadona sure, but a great wide receiver. Also, he just tore Vick a new one from what I skimmed. Welcome to the club u are now the last and prolly will be the last to bring up the whole dog fighting and all. I will not defend his actions, but dude is a good football player as well. Most versatile QB in the game besides Aaron Rodgers (meaning he can throw and scamble/run around). He also mentioned Jermichael Finley, in the honorable mention. SMH. And no Wes Welker is NOT overrated, he is just damn good.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Why the crap does it matter how a player does in other teams systems? You want the best players that can play in your system.
Your sarcasm detector seems quite clearly broken.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welker is no where near overrated. No one pegs him as a #1 WR. He plays in the slot in New England 90% of the time it seems.

I think this article lacks credibility because somehow, Tim Tebow doesn't make the list.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Ghost of Juice
Rookie

Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The stats Welker puts up is what makes him seem overrated. He only really runs short routes and he has Tom Brady hitting him in stride all the time so this leads to inflated catch and yard totals.

But he is great at his job and it's not like anyone ever says hes as good as Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald or anything so I don't see him as a player being overrated.

He's very valuable to the Pats and any team would love to have him, he's just not an all time great receiver that his stats might indicate.
Ghost of Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy is a jackass. Even if its just an honorable mention how the hell is Mike Bush considered overrated? He's the no. 2 back and he played well for the most part. Let's not even get into the rest of the list.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"I think Giant fans understand now. Rolle gets terribly lost in coverage, and the numbers back it up. When targeting Rolle in 2011, opposing quarterbacks completed a whopping 81.6 percent of their passes and maintained a sterling quarterback rating of 126.1. On top of that, Rolle committed four penalties, which tied for sixth in the NFL (safeties only)."

Which Giants fan tried to tell me that Rolle is superior to Ed Reed in coverage at this point in their respective careers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

That's the Perry fewell effect coupled with 5 Cbs on IR. That meant Rolle played more Cb this year because of that. I am sure all the stats for this defense especially the back end stunk. Did anyone actually watch the games? Forget the stats, watch the actually games! It was a mess with everyone not knowing what they were doing. That's why the team went t Fewell before the Jets game, and after the 2nd Skins game. That's when Fewell changed things around.

Before that it was a s.... show of a defense!
Old 02-21-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say that Wes Welker would not be as good in many different environments. I am a firm believer that he is in the perfect place for him to succeed--the other two team he matches up well with would be Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees.

What I mean to say is that I think he gets much of his value from his QB. Many WRs get their value from their QB so it's not necessarily a knock on him. However the truly game breaking WRs will be very successful no matter who is throwing the rock.

Over/underrated really is an ambiguous term. On his ability to change the game in any system or with any QB, I would not rate him highly. However, if I had a guy like Brady, Rodgers or Brees, Welker would be one of my top WRs.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote