Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-24-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Vendetta1
Rookie

Vendetta1 Vendetta1 Vendetta1
Default New Idea For The NFL Draft

ok so i dont know how big the draft really is in the nfl . i mean i personally love the draft its my fav time of year! but one thing i was reading today was the nfl is thinking about changing the nfl combine a bit where its fun for the fans. adding races in the 40 and battles in the bench press well how bout this..... what if they started doing the NFL Draft in different cities maybe even putting the draft in the city where the team picking 1st gets it .. i think it would be awesome for that to happen .. any takers ??
Vendetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
PrimeTime
Rookie

PrimeTime hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

While the NFL takes advantage of the fanbase to make money off the drafting process, ultimately this event is for scouting NFL talent, not making displays to the fans.

So no, take this crappy idea elsewhere.
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime View Post
While the NFL takes advantage of the fanbase to make money off the drafting process, ultimately this event is for scouting NFL talent, not making displays to the fans.

If the NFL thought they could make significant money out of moving the combine around and opening it up to the public you bet they would do it. Being an event for teams to scout players means very little when you start bringing up dollar signs.

The only issue is, not enough fans watch the draft after the first round, let alone go to the combine where they will have never heard of most of the players.

The idea would be great for die hards but casual fans just won't buy into it.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Vendetta1
Rookie

Vendetta1 Vendetta1 Vendetta1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime View Post

so your telling me if your a cowboys fan and your team had the draft in your city you wouldnt be excited im not sayin being the combine to differnt cities im sayin move thr draft to different sites bring more money to some cities from outta state fans the draft is a big deal
Vendetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote