Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-24-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
IrishBrowns
Rookie

IrishBrowns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Browns Baitin' #2 pick?

Obviously a lot of talk has been going on about the Browns wanting to trade up to the number 2 slot. I have been thinking a lot about the Browns wanting to bait another team to trade up to the the number 2 pick, so we can get our guy at #4 Justin Blackmon. Let's say, Washington wants to trade up to #2 to get RGIII. That's fine, the Browns will end up with their man Blackmon at 4 and remove the Rams completely from the scenario from grabbing him. I don't think we are ready to give up on McCoy based on the fact that Holmgren and co. believe it takes a QB more than one year to learn the offense. Maybe we would take a QB in a middle round somewhere, but here we have an opportunity to stay at 4..Get Blackmon, finally a freak offensive weapon, and then we will still have our #22 to get another playmaker. I hope the Browns are just making it seem like they have interest so another team makes the big move
IrishBrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definite possibility if they have a guy they really like who they are hoping to be there at 4 but I don't think much teams will have locked onto a specific player yet.

The Browns could use Blackmon, but they may see better value in taking a different position there and hoping for Michael Floyd, Reuben Randle, Alshon Jeffrey etc at 22 for example.

If the Browns have decided to go forward with McCoy and aren't going to take Griffin then it may make sense to bait a team into trading up for him so another elite player "falls" to them. Alternatively though they may hope RG3 falls to 4 and if they really don't want him they can move down a few places and pick up extra picks.

It's way too early to properly question team's motives since we're not even finished the combine yet.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'll see very early on in the free agency market if the Browns are serious about acquiring a QB this year. I would be shocked if they don't aggresively pursue bringing in a franchise QB this year to replace McCoy atop the depth chart.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I think we'll see very early on in the free agency market if the Browns are serious about acquiring a QB this year. I would be shocked if they don't aggresively pursue bringing in a franchise QB this year to replace McCoy atop the depth chart.
I agree, RG111 will be a great franchise QB in this league and even at his best, McCoy will never be more than average.

The Browns will end up with egg on their face if they pass up the opportunity to draft RG111 and the franchise might not be competitive for another decade if that is their strategy. Even Flynn does not have Griffin's potential.

We are sitting on a gold mine since St.Louis doesn't need a franchise QB but we will have to outbid Washington and Miami, but with the #5 pick, we are in the driver's seat.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GO AWAY
BAITIN!

(actually a very smart post that didn't deserve such a dumb response. The Browns not really being interested in RG3 is exactly their M.O.)

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I agree, RG111 will be a great franchise QB in this league and even at his best, McCoy will never be more than average.

The Browns will end up with egg on their face if they pass up the opportunity to draft RG111 and the franchise might not be competitive for another decade if that is their strategy. Even Flynn does not have Griffin's potential.

We are sitting on a gold mine since St.Louis doesn't need a franchise QB but we will have to outbid Washington and Miami, but with the #5 pick, we are in the driver's seat.
I don't read the Cleveland papers or listen to their sports shows. But, is there a lot of pressure on them to make a move for a franchise qb?
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschis4all View Post
I don't read the Cleveland papers or listen to their sports shows. But, is there a lot of pressure on them to make a move for a franchise qb?
They have completely stunk since they came back into the league. Even the most die hearted fans need some hope or season ticket sales will finally feel the pressure.
Lerner has shown a quick hook personality when his team doesn't perform, so there had better be some improvement soon or even a respected football man like Holmgren will be fired.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Browns don't come out with RG3 or Flynn this offseason is a failure.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see the baiting angle.

If any team wants to insure themselves the right to draft RGIII, they're gonna have to trade up to the 2nd pick. Getting too cute thinking he'll fall to a lower pick is crazy.

EIther the Browns make the trade up to #2 and put together a better deal than the Skins, or they don't.

This reminds me of the bidding war between Washington and Chicago for the rights to Jay Cutler. It's going to be that heated IMO.

I don't see how Mike Holmgren can fairly assess Colt McCoy and not believe RGIII is a quantum upgrade.

But for CLeveland to become competitive sooner than later, trading down in the first round and taking a QB like Tannehill, or Foles in the second and acquiring Olineman, an impact WR and a top shelf RB may be the more sensible move.

If the SKins can't get the 2nd pick away from St. Louis, I believe this will be Shanny's draft strategy btw.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
PossumBoy9
Rookie

PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.

I don't believe the Rams taking Blackmon ahead of the Browns is all that likely.

If the Rams are picking #2, I'd guess it'd be Kalil or Claiborne.
PossumBoy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really they are baiting teams so they can get Blackmon? Is he really that special? How are you so sure he is YOUR guy?
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they don't get Flynn, they'll have to trade up for RG3. The only question is what Washington will offer or will they be happy to try to wait for Tannehill (or someone else).
Old 02-24-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
pappanorm
Rookie

pappanorm hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Browns will acquire the #2 pick from the Rams and select RG3 to lead the offense with more weapons and better players. RG can throw deep with accuracy and create more overall opportunity to score than the limited QB that the Browns have now (McCoy) who is better suited as a back-up. The Browns have many needs but remember that all of the other teams drafting are getting better at the same time as you are. When you need to up-grade a position, you must begin with the most important position on the team which is Quarterback. If the Browns don't take RG3 this draft then when will the next opportunity be to get a QB like RG3? I just hope that picks #4 and #22 are going to be enough to get that #2 pick.
pappanorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
pappanorm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
If they don't get Flynn, they'll have to trade up for RG3. The only question is what Washington will offer or will they be happy to try to wait for Tannehill (or someone else).
Flynn seems more suited to join the Dolphins having gone to a southern college and for having connections with Philbin in Miami.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

St. Louis needs to be careful not to overplay their hand. If the Rams want to trade that #2 overall pick, they should do it before the other quarterback dominoes (Flynn, Manning, etc.) start to fall. The market is going to start to dwindle once those guys are eligible to sign.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
pappanorm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
St. Louis needs to be careful not to overplay their hand. If the Rams want to trade that #2 overall pick, they should do it before the other quarterback dominoes (Flynn, Manning, etc.) start to fall. The market is going to start to dwindle once those guys are eligible to sign.
Scott, Just got done listening to you on 92.3 FM "The Fan" in Cleveland. How coincidental since I just joined your forum tonight. Good job!! You know that the price tag for that #2 pick will never be less than what it is now for the Browns (4 & 22) regardless of other teams filling their quarterback needs. One thing for sure is that the Rams want to drop that hot potato (#2) for sure big time - That's why they are testing the waters now at the combine about down the road possibilities.

Last edited by pappanorm : 02-24-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappanorm View Post
Scott, Just got done listening to you on 92.3 FM "The Fan" in Cleveland. How coincidental since I just joined your forum tonight. Good job!! You know that the price tag for that #2 pick will never be less than what it is now for the Browns (4 & 22) regardless of other teams filling their quarterback needs. One thing for sure is that the Rams want to drop that hot potato (#2) for sure big time - That's why they are testing the waters now at the combine about down the road possibilities.
Thanks for the kind words and welcome to the forums!

As for the Rams, what if Peyton Manning signs with Washington and Matt Flynn signs with Miami? Then all of the sudden Cleveland is the only team interested in moving up for RG3 and they hold all of the leverage. After all, there is no chance of the Rams taking RG3 for themselves, so if the Browns play their cards right they conceivably get away with dealing their second rounder to move up a couple spots and hang on to #22. Heck, if that scenario plays out Cleveland may even be able to stand pat and get RG3 at #4.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In which case I will splooge everywhere.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words and welcome to the forums!

As for the Rams, what if Peyton Manning signs with Washington and Matt Flynn signs with Miami? Then all of the sudden Cleveland is the only team interested in moving up for RG3 and they hold all of the leverage. After all, there is no chance of the Rams taking RG3 for themselves, so if the Browns play their cards right they conceivably get away with dealing their second rounder to move up a couple spots and hang on to #22. Heck, if that scenario plays out Cleveland may even be able to stand pat and get RG3 at #4.
I was about to disagree with your original post but then I thought of this scenario.

However, I think it's highly unlikely that Manning signs with WAS. I guess Flynn could though. And then if Manning signs with MIA, the only teams needing QBs would be CLE and SEA. In that situation, the Rams would have no leverage assuming they won't deal RG3 to SEA. But that would give MIN all the power, and put SEA in play, which would make CLE have to offer something to move up one measly spot.

The smokescreening and negotiating behind the scenes must be fascinating. The whole situation is so complex with so many permutations based on which FAs go where, which teams prefer which draftees, and how the GMs play their hands. And a huge piece of the puzzle is a guy who may or may not have any arm strength (and could muddy the waters even more by going to NYJ or ARZ).

The QB carousel this year is just fascinating.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappanorm View Post
Flynn seems more suited to join the Dolphins having gone to a southern college and for having connections with Philbin in Miami.
Splitting hairs really. The WCO run in Green Bay is very similar to the one that Mike Holmgren has basically installed in Cleveland.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
pappanorm
Rookie

Seattle albeit a minor player in this opera would still pose a threat to the braintrust in the Browns war room on draft day. The Browns cant risk any threats from anyone so they have to act. It would just be better to give the Rams #4 & #22 to appease them. I really want RG3. What I would do with the rest of the draft is trade the 5 picks in rounds 4 thru 7 for whatever I could get in the second round. There are 7 good WR and 7 good CB's that could start for the Browns that will be gone by the end of Round 2. I'd settle for 4 damn good starters out of this draft. (plus one free agent starter).
Old 02-24-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Very true, but you only need two teams to be bidding to drive the price up. Are teams really going to trust Manning ? I don't think I would.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing for sure, the Rams and Fisher have to cash in on this draft. The future of the Rams in St.Louis is at stake. If the Rams can turn things around quickly and create some excitement, it might be harder for them to bolt to LA. The funny thing is, the Rams still play in a pretty full stadium considering how bad, make that how terrible they have been the past 5 years.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with moving the pick, but I don't think Washington and Miami will be able to pick the FA class as cleanly as is suggested.
weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:05 AM    (permalink
diemertsdawgs
Rookie

diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs diemertsdawgs

Free agency will help sort some of this out.I dont want them to trade away the picks to move up for RG3. I'm a Browns fan and I like RG3 a lot I just feel giving up numerous picks to get him is risky. We need weapons all over the field. I take RG3 at #4 if hes still there, I also like the idea of going after Matt Flynn in free agency.
diemertsdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote