Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-03-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Finnegan007
Rookie

Finnegan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Question Dallas Cowboys Team Mock Draft

Here's a pre-combine of my ideal DC draft:

1st Rd: Dre Kirkpatrick CB
if he is available he would be the best pick for the biggest need. if you watch the Giants game, nobody choked harder than Newman, NEWMAN! If he is gone then DeCastro would be the second best pick. If they are both gone, then the best plan would be to trade back and maybe get Janoris Jenkins CB later in Round 1 and pick up a badly needed second round pick.

2nd Rd: Kevin Zeitler OG
again, best pick for big need, He dominated the senior bowl with many writers saying he is as good as DeCastro.

3rd Rd. Alameda Ta'amu DT.
He had a great senior bowl and he's 350lb. Am I the only person begging for the cowboys to get a 350lb+ nose to ancor the 3/4 and put ratliff at end. Why does that not make more sense to everyone?

4rd Rd. George Iloka S
please at least draft a safety, We missed out two years ago on Morgan Burnett (3rd Round) Kam Chanceller (5th rd probowl) and Kurt Coleman (7th round). Iloka stock will probably rise after the combine, so maybe Harrison Smith S, Somebody smart at least.

5th Rd, DE/OLB Jonathan Massaquoi or Jake Bequette
Both are bigger and a tenth of a second faster than Anthony Spencer.

6th Rd, Chad Diehl FB.
He's the biggest and highest ranked fullback. everyone witnessed the difference made by a good blocking fullback.

7th Rd:
For the seventh round they should go with the most under-rated prospect available. ex. Dwight Bentley CB, Philip Blake C, or Bobby Wagner ILB. all needs and great choices.

I don't think waisting a draft pick on a QB is nessassary. Pick up someone good like Case Keenum as an undrafted free agent.
Finnegan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome to our forum!

That's a nice mock. Tell us about yourself. :)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Finnegan007
Rookie

I grew up in Arlington, Tx and became a big Cowboys fan. I'm obsessed with the draft and like reviewing sites. Draft day is my favorite 3 days of the year. I'm not the best mock draft person, I believe two years ago I wanted Dallas to pick up Taylor Mays. (what a bust) But that has not stopped me from putting in my two cents about this year. I personally really hope they grab Cortland Finnegan in FA, because I named my 8 month old son Finnegan. And that would be an awesome jersey to wear around chicago. Thanks.

Last edited by Finnegan007 : 02-03-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan007 View Post
I grew up in Arlington, Tx and became a big Cowboys fan. I'm obsessed with the draft and like reviewing sites. Draft day is my favorite 3 days of the year. I'm not the best mock draft person, I believe last year I wanted Dallas to pick up Taylor Mays. (what a bust) But that has not stopped me from putting in my two cents about this year. I personally really hope they grab Cortland Finnegan in FA, because I named my 8 month old son Finnegan. And that would be an awesome jersey to wear around chicago. Thanks.
Haha, that's a cool thought. I hope you get your wish... though I hear he wants to rejoin Jeff Fisher in St. Louis. :/

Taylor Mays was my dream pick too, so don't feel like you're all alone. I'm a USC homer though and the dude came up big many times. I thought he would be a gamer despite his "stiff hips". I think that was 2 years ago though. I got my USC homer pick in Tyron! :D

Oddly enough, I don't have the same favortism towards Nick Perry this year though.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what D, i had completely forgotten you were a USC homer. That explains the Barkley fascination. Everything makes so much more sense now.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:32 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
You know what D, i had completely forgotten you were a USC homer. That explains the Barkley fascination. Everything makes so much more sense now.
He isn't an elite QB prospect, but the only thing holding him back from that imo is arm strength and I always say that is the easiest thing for a QB to fix. It's a toss up between Tyler Wilson and Matt Barkley for me next year.

If Romo sucks again, then it would be prudent for us to groom his eventual replacement. Neither Wilson or Barkley would be NFL ready in Year 1.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
He isn't an elite QB prospect, but the only thing holding him back from that imo is arm strength and I always say that is the easiest thing for a QB to fix. It's a toss up between Tyler Wilson and Matt Barkley for me next year.

If Romo sucks again, then it would be prudent for us to groom his eventual replacement. Neither Wilson or Barkley would be NFL ready in Year 1.
WOW, Seriously?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't think Romo sucked this year. I mean some bad decisions against the Jets and Lions, but overall I felt he was the glue that kind of held us together this year.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I didn't think Romo sucked this year. I mean some bad decisions against the Jets and Lions, but overall I felt he was the glue that kind of held us together this year.
Sucked is probably a strong word, but the bad decisions are exactly what I was talking about. I love how people love to brush that off like it was minimal error, but the fact remains that we were 1 game away from making the playoffs and those were games he alone gave away.

I mean I hear people talking about him needing a Guard in order to be good. WTF is up with that? Which is it? I hear he's good, but not good enough without a Guard?

We've had Pro Bowl guards and all the weapons in the world with him as QB, but Romo hasn't changed. His weakness is also his strength... He's a gunslinger. He'll look GREAT at times and leave you scratching your head at others. It's not being mentally weak. It's just being overconfident.

Jason Garrett doesn't exactly help his situation either. While he seems to have the makings of a great HC... his job as OC is wack. Thank goodness for the Callahan hire.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Sucked is probably a strong word, but the bad decisions are exactly what I was talking about. I love how people love to brush that off like it was minimal error, but the fact remains that we were 1 game away from making the playoffs and those were games he alone gave away.

I mean I hear people talking about him needing a Guard in order to be good. WTF is up with that? Which is it? I hear he's good, but not good enough without a Guard?

We've had Pro Bowl guards and all the weapons in the world with him as QB, but Romo hasn't changed. His weakness is also his strength... He's a gunslinger. He'll look GREAT at times and leave you scratching your head at others. It's not being mentally weak. It's just being overconfident.

Jason Garrett doesn't exactly help his situation either. While he seems to have the makings of a great HC... his job as OC is wack. Thank goodness for the Callahan hire.
Really...? Really? When did we have legit, deserving pro-bowl guards? Leonard Davis in 2007 maybe? Gurode at center was always an overrated piece of **** who was soft as hell for his size.

As for Garrett, yeah he screwed up a couple times with year, but the dude is gonna be a hell of a head coach. He knows how to evaluate players too, so hopefully our draft success starts to go up. I agree that the Callahan hire should help a lot.

Romo is a freakin' stud. Get him some better interior OL play, and a defense that doesn't look like air when an offense is in a 2 minute drill or needs a score to tie or win, and we will win a lot og games.

You seem to forget that we wouldn't be in ANY game without Romo. We wouldn't have had any chance against the Jets without him. Sure he made a few bad throws... everyone does. What about Peyton Manning throwing a pick 6 to lose the super bowl against the saints.. he threw it right to tracy porter's chest. Does he suck now and make bad decisions? It's the NFL. Everyone is good. **** happens.

Romo had 320 yards, 4 td's, and no picks against the Giants the first time around, AND WE STILL LOST. That should tell you what you need to know about Romo and then the rest of the team.

Go through all of our wins. 49ers, we get killed without Romo. Both Redskins games we get killed without Romo. The only game we probably would've won without Romo was the Rams. Even dominant wins like the Bucs and Bills, it's because Romo went for 4 td's and no picks.

Romo is one of the most underrated players in this league and just gets a ridiculously bad wrap because he dates hot girls in the public spotlight and is the Dallas Cowboys QB. Put Romo on a team like the Jets, they would be going for a 3 peat tomorrow.

The Romo hate is moronic. He's a top 5-7 QB who a team can easily win a superbowl with. Get a better running game and something other than a revolving door on defense, and we'll be fine.

Get your overreacting, ESPN garbage with no substance out of here. We've had pro-bowl guards... LOL. If you think interior OL has been a legit strength, not overrated pro-bowl garbage in our team's recent history, you don't know football and are clearly suffering from Jerry Jones syndrome by considerably overrating our talent.

And keep underrating guard play bro. I mean, no inside running game and pressure in a shorter QB's face doesn't matter right? I mean, we only had 5 rushing touchdowns all year and couldn't convert 3rd or 4th and 1 for ****, and 75% of Romo's sacks came up the middle, but guard play still doesn't really matter, right?

You know how many teams have made the playoffs with less than 10 rushing TD's in a season? It's less than five In the 80+ year history of the NFL.

The lack of football IQ... sheesh.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 02-04-2012 at 02:06 PM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

How come your boy is so good but he needs a perfect roster?
Old 02-05-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After the Lions game I feel like Romo really limited his mental mistakes and played pretty solid. Romo isn't the kind of QB that will carry a team on his back to a championship. It's just not in his dna. I just believe it's unfair to put the blame on him. If our defense was even an average D this year and our OL played better, it would've been a way different story for us.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
DrAbaddon
Rookie

DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DrAbaddon wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Dude passes out infractions like a pedo with candy...It's kind of sad that I'm in agreement with him so much.
DrAbaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Bonzai
Rookie

Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.

I'm not quite sure that alameda ta'amu will be available in the 3rd or bobby Wagner will be there in the 7th. I agree we could use those guys but they're gonna go a lot earlier than that.
Bonzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
D-Ware Nightmare
Rookie

D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my revised GM plan for 2012 draft. Obviously free agency will drastically change the big board at valley ranch.

1. Peter Konz C Wisconsin- this pick is a result of a trade back. I think the browns are a team that is likely to be aggressive with the extra first. I read that they are enamored with decastro, so i dont see them waiting for tennesse or cincy to snag their guy. I think we could get 22 and a 3rd to move back. I just think with the lack of FA center help out there konz makes the most sense for us.

2. Vinny Curry OLB Marshall- Curry could have very well played his way into the first after his week in mobile. But I believe after the combine he will slide a bit. He's not the greatest athlete out there so i think that will cause the slide. But production trumps all in my book, and with an extra 15-20lbs i see a guy that compares to Terrell Suggs, and of course there is a chance he busts.

3a. Trumaine Johnson CB/FS Montana- This would be our extra browns pick in the trade down. Johnson is my favorite sleeper of the draft. He reminds me of DRC in alot of ways, as a guy that shat on lower competition with freakish physical ability/measurables. He could easily go in the 2nd if a team falls in love but late2/early3 is about where his stock places him atm. I think his best position with us is to become the centerfielder we lack at FS.

3b. Brandon Boykin CB Georgia- Skeet, skeet, skeet. The broken leg in mobile will turn out to be a blessing in disguise. I think it pushes him a round lower than he would normally go, and you could even go boykin-johnson if thats where you saw them slotting in the draft. These forums love his nickel back upside, as do I. Might be wishful thinking that both boykin and johnson slip to the 3rd, so in that case i would go Cliff Harris at this spot and still look to pick up a stud nickel back with plus ball skills.

4. LaMichael James RB Oregon- Felix will not be retained after his contract is up, and most likely wont play a full season anyway. I dont see any trade value either, maybe a fifth or sixth. So i would prefer a sproles type, lightning fast midget, to assume that type of roll on offense and finally plug the hole at returner.

5. Hebron Fangupu NT BYU- His shear girth will get him drafted by some 3-4 team, his was obviously a top notch prospect at some point to have played at USC, so hopefully the allure of a NFL mega payday will make him realize his potential. If not then we still got a pig to clog lanes, even if we get a true nose in FA, a young guy with beef helps this D.

6. Rishaw Johnson G CA Poly- Couldnt find much on him but he projected as a late round sleeper at G. Character concerns are what drops him but i feel like thats not such a bad thing for someone who plays in the trenches.

7. Adrian Hamilton OLB Prairie View AM- Led the nation in sacks this year with 20.5, so he has a nack for getting to the QB. The giants proved this year that disrupting the QB is key to beating great teams. As far as a prospect, he gets knocked for not using his hands well to disengage and relies on athletic ability to make plays. But he grades out as 7-udfa, and helps improve the pass rush and special teams.

I neglected the guard position because i see us signing one in FA. If we dont sign an upgrade there, then i would prefer to use our 2nd on a guard, like Zietler or Osemele. And say we dont trade back and stay put at 14 then i see us going for(in order) Decastro, T. Johnson, Boykin, Blake/Molk, Fangupu, and the 2 best remaining pass rushers. I would prefer to trade back and acquire picks though, but just tried to cover a couple different scenarios.
D-Ware Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Romo is one of the most underrated players in this league and just gets a ridiculously bad wrap because he dates hot girls in the public spotlight and is the Dallas Cowboys QB. Put Romo on a team like the Jets, they would be going for a 3 peat tomorrow.

The Romo hate is moronic. He's a top 5-7 QB who a team can easily win a superbowl with. Get a better running game and something other than a revolving door on defense, and we'll be fine.

Top 5-7 QB? haha

He's a fine player, I'd put him around 10-12 in the league, but is far from elite, makes too many drive killing decisions (an underrated feature of Romo's game) and needs a great team around him to win it all.

We're 9-11 in the last two years with Romo, and 5-7 without him. In all games this year where he played a QB that was in his "league" if you will, we lost (Stafford, Brady, Vick, Eli twice). A fine player, but if we have another year of "Oh man, Tony has such great stats, how did we lose that game", I'll take my chances on someone else.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Finnegan007
Rookie

I'm going to revise my mock after March 12. I just read that JJ wants to make a splash in FA and that should change the draft needs. However, even if they get a CB in FA, I think they should still draft another in the first two rounds. You really can't have enough of them. Looking back, Ta' amu probably won't get past the first half of round 2. I just think it's crazy the cowboys don't really try for a true 350+ pound NT. Just seems Poe and Ta'amu will be out of reach with the other glaring holes on the roster, unless they make a trade to make it a priority. A trade down in the first round looks like the only way to do that. 80 days, can't wait to see what they decide.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
CowboyFan73
Rookie

CowboyFan73 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan007 View Post
I'm going to revise my mock after March 12. I just read that JJ wants to make a splash in FA and that should change the draft needs. However, even if they get a CB in FA, I think they should still draft another in the first two rounds. You really can't have enough of them. Looking back, Ta' amu probably won't get past the first half of round 2. I just think it's crazy the cowboys don't really try for a true 350+ pound NT. Just seems Poe and Ta'amu will be out of reach with the other glaring holes on the roster, unless they make a trade to make it a priority. A trade down in the first round looks like the only way to do that. 80 days, can't wait to see what they decide.
I agree with you, you can't place a the importance of a large nose tackle. I vote for Dontari Poe at 14! You can build around him and Sean Lee. Some may not believe it but DeMarcus is on the down side of his career even if the stats doesn't say so. He is 30.
CowboyFan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Finnegan007
Rookie

3/17/2012 The cowboys have put themselves in a good situation following free agency to get the best person available. I believe Jerry will probably go with the person that can make the most impact on defense. Here is my updated mock.

1st Rd: Melvin Ingram or Courtney Upshaw OLB
I think Ingram would fit perfectly in Dallas’s 3-4. I think he would be a wasted talent in any other 4-3. I had the same feeling when Houston drafted Connor Barwin. Now that he’s playing in the 3-4, I believe he’s a big upgrade over super Mario. I don’t understand MW hype. He’s a better than average 4-3 DE. But not J. Peppers good. Anyway, JJ likes LBs in the early rounds. I think this will be the direction unless they trade back or if Poe drops.

2nd Rd: Alameda Ta'amu DT.
He had a great senior bowl and he's 350lb. Am I the only person begging for the cowboys to get a 350lb+ nose to anchor the 3/4 and put Ratliff at end. Why does that not make more sense to everyone? I also think he might be a safer pick than Poe, just off production. If Indy snatches him my second favorite player at this spot is Harrison Smith S.

3rd Rd. Philip Blake C
The only real upgrade they need on the OL is Center. I sure Nagy will also be considered for the position but a swing g/center could add security

4rd Rd. Jamell Fleming CB/S
My favorite thing to do with this pick is to take the heaviest top 12 cover corner and convert him to Safety. In the pass happy league, these are the players that are going to be more and more successful at the position. Ex. J. Byrd from buffalo. Being able to play two positions also helps with depth. More or less Balls replacement, but hopefully a better player.

5rd Rd. A.J. Jenkins/ Nick Toon WR
Dez and Miles can’t stay healthy during an entire season. The new lack of a real number three wr could hurt them. So in round 5 I hope they can take the tallest/fastest wr on their board, and hopefully they get a good one.

6th Rd, Mike Daniels DE.
He’s a big, quicker DT that had good sack totals. Pressure from more places can only help. I guy from Iowa that I hope can have the kind of impact Karl Klug(rookie out of Iowa) had last year.

7th Rd: Chad Diehl FB
I Believe Vickers is a great pickup, but FBs take a lot of punishment. Another bull blocker would be great insurance. Also would be cool see some power I in goal line situations.

I think a blocking TE is a definite need, but I still think they will wait to see who other teams drop before they pick someone up. The TE draft class is pretty weak. I also can’t respect a LB that takes plays off. My dream scenario would be getting Ingram in the first and then trading Spencer for a second round pick and possibly get either Harrison Smith or a top three Tight end for depth.