Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-07-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Boykin please
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Irvin or Curry

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No thanks to Irvin in the 2nd, but I'd take Curry. I'd take Ronnell Lewis before Curry.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Take Curry, after all, you did pick up Brandon Carr.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
No thanks to Irvin in the 2nd, but I'd take Curry. I'd take Ronnell Lewis before Curry.
Cowboys Nation: Let's move to rush linebackers and talk about two guys who helped themselves in Indy. Let's begin with Bruce Irvin. He's been somewhat of an enigma, because he missed the All-Star games. He did this week what you predicted he would weeks ago. He blew up his workouts. Where does he stand now?

Wes Bunting: I'm going to keep the same grade on him which is a 2nd-3rd round grade. I saw some mocks today, where he was in the late 1st. He's a good player and he worked out well. Would I use a 1st round pick on him at this stage? Probably not, but if I could get him in the 2nd, I'd be happy.

He's a legit 6'3''. He was 245 and ran 4.43. He's got natural pass rushing skills. The question still is can he make the jump? I saw some Von Miller in his movements when he did the drills.

At the end of the day I wouldn't be surprised if he got into the 1st, but I'd take him in the 2nd round range.

2nd round isnt a bad spot for him IMO

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 03-07-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Cowboys Nation: Let's move to rush linebackers and talk about two guys who helped themselves in Indy. Let's begin with Bruce Irvin. He's been somewhat of an enigma, because he missed the All-Star games. He did this week what you predicted he would weeks ago. He blew up his workouts. Where does he stand now?

Wes Bunting: I'm going to keep the same grade on him which is a 2nd-3rd round grade. I saw some mocks today, where he was in the late 1st. He's a good player and he worked out well. Would I use a 1st round pick on him at this stage? Probably not, but if I could get him in the 2nd, I'd be happy.

He's a legit 6'3''. He was 245 and ran 4.43. He's got natural pass rushing skills. The question still is can he make the jump? I saw some Von Miller in his movements when he did the drills.

At the end of the day I wouldn't be surprised if he got into the 1st, but I'd take him in the 2nd round range.

2nd round isnt a bad spot for him IMO
Workout Warrior= NO THANKS!!!

When will people stop moving a player up 2 rounds based on their 40 time?
Old 03-07-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Workout Warrior= NO THANKS!!!

When will people stop moving a player up 2 rounds based on their 40 time?
Thats cool. different strokes for differnt folks. I wouldnt mind Boykin here either but I think we can get a good corner in the 3rd. Gotta replace Spencer too though.

Why so high on Ronnell?

Old 03-07-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Thats cool. different strokes for differnt folks. I wouldnt mind Boykin here either but I think we can get a good corner in the 3rd. Gotta replace Spencer too though.

Why so high on Ronnell?
OK, I know this is special teams, but he's a violent hitter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS5****-qCg

Here's a quote by Lewis. "I hit hard, but I want to hit harder"

Last edited by leroyisgod : 03-07-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Im a season ticket holder so I know all about him, he will thump you but not sure Id use a 2nd on him. Your video doesnt come up BTW...

Old 03-07-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Im a season ticket holder so I know all about him, he will thump you but not sure Id use a 2nd on him. Your video doesnt come up BTW...
Damn it, why is it cutting it off when I cut and paste?
Old 03-07-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Here's a quote by Lewis. "I hit hard, but I want to hit harder"
He just drafted Hightower, that would make no sense. I know for fact you could grab a corner, don't miss out on an all-purpose pass rusher.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

okay replace the **** with co then C then K

obviously don't use the word then
Old 03-07-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
He just drafted Hightower, that would make no sense. I know for fact you could grab a corner, don't miss out on an all-purpose pass rusher.
Ronnell plays OLB, not inside. And did you not see me earlier say I wanted Brandon Boykin. I was responding to someone else that said they wanted Bruce Irvin. I would rather take Lewis over Irvin in that spot. BUT I WANT BOYKIN!!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2012 NFL DRAFT - ROUND 2 (Part II)

Commission Goddell: With the 45th pick of the NFL draft the...

Dallas Cowboys select OLB Bruce Irvin, West Virginia.

Bruce Irvin is a physical freak of nature at 6 foot 3 245 pounds, he displays outstanding play recognition skills for a linebacker prospect. He is a very smart instinctive player. Versatility is his calling card. He can adjust to a 4-3 or 3-4 scheme as a pass rusher, but his 4.43 speed will allow Rob Ryan to put him in multitude of positions... ILB, OLB, CB, S... yes, I did say that. I honestly believe Rob would do that with him. Ratliff said he was lined up as a Safety in practice, so we know Rob can get nuts. He's a crazy brain that will confuse offenses in a myriad of ways using his complicated personnel packages and Irvin's versatility is amazing.

Irvin is also a great team leader who knews how to motivate West Virginia’s defense on Saturday’s. When he makes plays the whole team gets energized. Irvin was 2nd in sacks behind DeQuan Bowers in sacks in 2010. He has elite block shedding ability that enables him to inflict pressure on opposing signal callers. Good burst off the edge. Irvin showcases a relentless motor and a quality sound fundamental technique when playing football.

While very inconsistent in run support, that's an area he needs to improve in. He will also tend to struggle sometimes when dropping back into zone coverage, but he has the raw skills to adapt to good coaching.

Prediction: Bruce Irvin can be as good as he wants to be. I hate to say this because it has already been said, but the thought did come to my mind before hearing it... the guy reminds me of Von Miller as a prospect.

Berman: "Let's take this down to the Draft Couch where Hannah Storm is sitting down with the newly selected Dallas Cowboy, Bruce Irvin."

Storm: "So Bruce, how does it feel to be a Dallas Cowboy?"

Irvin: "I'm so happy to a Dallas Cowboy. This is a dream come true. I hope I can come in and make them happy. I'm a hard worker, and am willing to do whatever they want me to do."

Kiper: "A great pick for the Cowboys here. Between Bruce Irvin and Dont'a Hightower, Rob Ryan can confuse offenses on where the blitz will come from since the two of them can both rush the passer and stay home and play linebacker. Who will be on the inside, who will be on the outside... who will rush, who won't? It's gonna be a scary day for offenses who have to account for that and Ware on the other side with Ratliff, Pouha and Hatcher up front. Oh myyyy."

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-08-2012 at 12:59 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Im getting all warm and tingly

Old 03-07-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

3RD round Jamell Fleming?

Old 03-07-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

UGH, that has bust written all over it. I want to be wrong, but feel like I'm gonna be right.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

OKAY, I'm trying to get up for this pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRVKUHBBQ2U

This helps out a lot
Old 03-07-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the Hightower selection, and i'm glad you meant it at ILB. He is not a 3-4 OLB, he isn't a pass rusher. Mayock likes his pass rushing ability, but he's not a true pass rusher. I don't know if you could justify taking a #3 ILB in the 1st round, but you know I love building on strengths... so **** it!

Like Bruce Irvin. My only question is, even if he bulks up a bit can he be a 3-4 SOLB? The thing I like about him is he could be our DeMarcus Ware replacement on the weakside in 4 years as well. Don't forget that D-Ware is turning 30. Still dominant, but won't be forever.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 03-07-2012 at 09:49 PM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:50 AM    (permalink
D-Ware Nightmare
Rookie

D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Total overkill, but Brandon Brooks with one of our 3's might just give us the best OL in the NFL for a while. Any one of Trumaine Johnson, Jamell Fleming, or Casey Hayward with the other 3rd. Either of those CB's profile well to replace Jenkins if we dont retain him. I would give Kendall Reyes a look too if he drops.
D-Ware Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be very happy with Hightower and Irvin.

I think HIghtower is a bit underrated. I disagree with CDCB in that I think his pass rushing abilities are better than most think.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2012 NFL DRAFT - ROUND 2 (Part III)

46. Philadelphia Eagles select LB Lavonte David, Nebraska.
-- Michael Brockers & Lavonte David - Need LB help badly.

47. New York Jets select OT/OG Kelechi Osemele, Iowa State.
-- Courtney Upshaw & Kelechi Osemele - Wayne Hunter is a scrub.

48. New England Patriots (via OAK) select CB Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska.
-- Kendall Wright, Anthony Spencer & Alfonzo Dennard - Dennard strengthens that secondary.

49. San Diego Chargers select DT Kendall Reyes, UConn.
-- Melvin Ingram & Kendall Reyes - Need a body to replace Luis Castillo.

50. Chicago Bears select OT/OG James Brown, Troy.
-- Stephen Hill & James Brown - Getting protection for Cutler is imperative.

51. Philadelphia Eagles (via ARZ) select TE Orson Charles, Georgia.
-- Michael Brockers, Lavonte David & Orson Charles - Adding another weapon for Vick.

52. Tennessee Titans select OL Zebrie Sanders.
-- Whitney Mercilus & Zebrie Sanders - Lot of blame went to the OL for Chris Johnson's struggles.

53. Cincinnati Bengals select RB Doug Martin, Boise St..
-- Cordy Glenn, Janoris Jenkins, Doug Martin - Best RB this year, imo.

54. Detroit Lions select LB Mychal Kendricks, California.
-- Dre Kirkpatrick & Mychal Kendricks - Stephen Tulloch may not return.

55. Atlanta Falcons select DE Vinny Curry, Marshall.
-- John Abraham's replacement.

56. Pittsburgh Steelers select DT Alameda Ta'amu, Washington.
-- Mike Adams & Alameda Ta'amu - In search of a NT.

57. Denver Broncos select CB Stephen Gillmore, South Carolina.
-- Devon Still & Stephen Gillmore - Perrish Cox is in trouble with the law.

58. Houston Texans select DE Jared Crick, Nebraska.
-- Andre Branch & Jared Crick - Must continue to bolster that defense.

59. New Orleans Sainst forfeit draft pick due to Bountygate..
-- Idiots.

60. Green Bay Packers select S Markelle Martin, Oklahoma State.
-- Chandler Jones & Markelle Martin - Looking for an upgrade over Charlie Peprah.

61. Baltimore Ravens select OG Amini Silatolu, Midwestern St..
-- Peter Konz & Amini Silatolu - Ben Grubbs replacement.

62. San Francisco 49ers select CB Chase Minnifield, Virginia.
-- Kevin Zeitler & Chase Minnifield - Smooth corner, knows how to redirect.

63. New England Patriots select C Ben Jones, Georgia.
-- Kendall Wright, Anthony Spencer, Alfonzo Dennard & Ben Jones - Koppen is gone.

64. New York Giants select OT Zebrie Sanders, Florida St.
-- Colby Fleener & Zebrie Sanders - Thier OL was putrid last year.

* END OF ROUND 2*

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-08-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

FYI Finley just signed with GB for 2 more years

Old 03-08-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
FYI Finley just signed with GB for 2 more years
OK. Thanks. Changed.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

2012 NFL DRAFT - ROUND 3 (Part I)

65. Indianapolis Colts select C David Molk, Michigan.
-- FA Jeff Saturday is part of the old regime.

66. St. Louis Rams select TE Dwayne Allen, Clemson.
-- Another weapon for Bradford.

67. Minnesota Vikings select LB Ronnell Lewis, OLB.
-- Erin Henderson is on the outs.

68. Cleveland Browns select WR Nick Toon, Wisconsin.
-- Throwin' bodies at the WR position.

69. Tampa Bay Buccanneers select LB Travis Lewis, Oklahoma.
-- Lewis is a swarming LB, reflective of the Bucs style of D.

70. Washington Redskins select OG Brandon Washington, Miami.
-- Redskins OL is shaping up.

71. Jacksonville Jaguars select CB Dwight Bentley, Louisiana-Lafayette .
-- Jaguars add this speedster to their secondary.

72. Buffalo Bills select CB Casey Hayward, Vanderbilt.
-- Hayward is better than people realize.

73. Miami Dolphins select OLB Shea McClellin, Boise St.
-- Good fit for Joe Philbin's hybrid defense.

74. Chicago Bears select LB Bobby Wagner, Utah State.
-- Adding youth to the LB corps.

75. Kansas City Chiefs select CB Brandon Boykin, Georgia.
-- Sucks but sometimes teams ahead of you take the guys you want. :(

76. Seattle Seahawks select LB Vontaze Burfict, Arizona St.
-- Pete Carroll probably thinks he has the moxie to handle Burfict.

77. Philadelphia Eagles select WR Juron Criner, Arizona.
-- Eagles lack a big WR and Criner is a exactly that.

78. New York Jets select S Antonio Allen, South Carolina.
-- Versatile safety has a knack for making big plays.

79. San Diego Chargers select WR Marvin Jones, California.
-- Vincent Jackson's return is uncertain.

80. Chicago Bears select QB Nick Foles, Arizona.
-- Backup QB worth the selection.

81. Arizona Cardinals select DE Jonathan Massaquoi, Troy.
-- Flying under the radar, but could produce from Day 1.

82. Dallas Cowboys select ....