Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-03-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Front-Seven Defensive Risers?

What front-seven defenders do you see rising as the draft gets closer? Right now I see Claiborne and Kirkpatrick as potential top-10 picks, but very few front-seven defenders look like elite prospects.

Who do you think rises?

Nick Perry and Fletcher Cox are possibilities for me.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poe and Shea McCellin.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Malik Jackson.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I think Poe ends up as a Top 15 pick with a real shot at going in the top 10 to a team like the Panthers. Bruce Irvin could very well emerge as the top pass rusher in the draft after Senior Bowl, combine and further film review. Given the lack of edge rushing talent in this draft, it would not surprise me to see Irvin in the top 15 either.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Devon Still. One of Nick Perry, Melvin Ingram, and Andre Branch maybe. Courtney Upshaw if he's faster than we thought.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Courtney Upshaw.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
I love Courtney Upshaw.
We agree again. I really think this guy is special and will rise after the combine. Great bender around the edge and solid against the run. Just a pure football player.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Opinions on Jorel Worthy of MSU?

He looks pretty good to me.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was never very impressed with Worthy but I understand he has the physical ability to be an impact player.

Also, what about RS-Sophs or less-hyped underclassmen. Sam Montgomery and Barkevious Mingo from LSU? Possible risers should they declare?

- Ko Simpson
Old 01-03-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Opinions on Jorel Worthy of MSU?

He looks pretty good to me.
He has a good get off but that's it. He can't use his hands or get off blocks to save his life.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fletcher Cox has unreal athleticism. We're talking 300 pounds and probably a 4.6 40. He's somewhat raw but has a relentless motor. Has a great first punch and has the strength/hand technique to get off blocks. Plays high at times but that isn't a huge negative as that happens to a lot of young DTs.

At the very least I think he won't pass Denver, but I think he would good to go in the 10-20 range.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNYDP View Post
Fletcher Cox has unreal athleticism. We're talking 300 pounds and probably a 4.6 40. He's somewhat raw but has a relentless motor. Has a great first punch and has the strength/hand technique to get off blocks. Plays high at times but that isn't a huge negative as that happens to a lot of young DTs.

At the very least I think he won't pass Denver, but I think he would good to go in the 10-20 range.
:O

where did you hear this?
Old 01-04-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of mine have pretty much been covered, mostly by gpngc. Perry, Poe, Cox, Mingo, and Montgomery all have potential to be high risers.

Those LSU guys are particularly underexposed. Both of those guys can absolutely go batshit fast off the edge. Especially Mingo. Both of them could use an extra year(Mingo in particular), but I could easily see people glossing over some size/rawness for the speed and athletic ability.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cox said that was what he was timed. Which I agree isn't very good evidence but the way he plays doesn't say anything in the contrary and would seem to support he is one fast man.

Quote:
Cox remains hopeful he will be a first-round selection and plans to attend the NFL Combine on Feb. 22 to prove his worth. Cox, who returned a fumble 52 yards in a 44-17 loss to Arkansas on Nov. 19, said he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.6 seconds during drills last spring. His speed and versatility, he believes, will turn more heads in February.
I exaggerated a little bit as he probably won't run a flat 4.6 but I think something very close is likely. On tape he has an excellent first step and he seems to be one of the fastest players out there. I've seen him chase down tailbacks with pure speed after he penetrates the backfield.

He's an athletic freak and he has an incredible motor, that isn't very common and it makes me think very highly of him as a prospect.

Last edited by DBNYDP : 01-04-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Cox runs 4.6....that's Vernon Davis level freaky. He's defiantly an athletic specimen and a guy who isn't getting enough exposure for it around here, but I have a hard time believing that. At the very least, DT 40's will be must see TV this year for sure haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-04-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Cox said that was what he was timed. Which I agree isn't very good evidence but the way he plays doesn't say anything in the contrary and would seem to support he is one fast man.

I exaggerated a little bit as he probably won't run a flat 4.6 but I think something very close is likely. On tape he has an excellent first step and he seems to be one of the fastest players out there. I've seen him chase down tailbacks with pure speed after he penetrates the backfield.
Still, if he runs anything remotely to that, his stock will soar.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

I do think he is massively underrated on these boards. Regardless of if he actually does run a 4.6 or not, his play seems to suggest that he is fast and has a great first step/burst/closing speed. That along with his motor make him a fairly rare prospect. He also has the production this year to back him up.

Kind of hoping he doesn't run a 4.6 just because I don't want his stock to soar. I want the Broncos to take him in the first and I doubt he is there if he does run a 4.6. Here's too continuing to go under the radar..
Old 01-04-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I do think he is massively underrated on these boards. Regardless of if he actually does run a 4.6 or not, his play seems to suggest that he is fast and has a great first step/burst/closing speed. That along with his motor make him a fairly rare prospect. He also has the production this year to back him up.

Kind of hoping he doesn't run a 4.6 just because I don't want his stock to soar. I want the Broncos to take him in the first and I doubt he is there if he does run a 4.6. Here's too continuing to go under the radar..
There's a mild buzz about him but he was one of those juniors who came on the radar late so I'll still give it sometime for people to watch more and get a better feel for him. Personally, he's my #2 DT right now only behind Poe.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

He has a ton of upside. I don't think people quite realize that. Maybe it's because you don't hear that as a buzzword about interior defensive linemen that much, but I don't think that's quite gotten through yet. He's quite the player already too, even though he gets by mostly on athletic talent.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-05-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Sam Montgomery declares I can see him in Buffalo as high as #10th.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just did some reading on Fletcher Cox. Seems like a seriously underrated guy right now. Even if that 4.6 turns out to be 4.75, for a 300 lb guy that is very fast, very impressive. I bet he will get into the first round, especially once he participates at the combine and other pre-draft stuff.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
There's a mild buzz about him but he was one of those juniors who came on the radar late so I'll still give it sometime for people to watch more and get a better feel for him. Personally, he's my #2 DT right now only behind Poe.
I like him better than Poe, even if he doesn't have Poe's otherworldly physical dimensions. Both have lots of potential but IMO Cox has done a better job translating that into performance. He's very disruptive and has a nice motor (always key for a big guy). 3-tech in a 4-3 looks like a good destination for him.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Want to bump this.

Here are my rankings (though in different schemes, different guys may be higher or lower for certain teams):

1) Courtney Upshaw
2) Fletcher Cox
3) Dontari Poe
4) Luke Kuechly
5) Quinton Coples
6) Michael Brockers
7) Melvin Ingram
8) Devon Still
9) Jerel Worthy
10) Nick Perry
11) Whitney Mercilus

Who on this list (and other) is going to shoot up the board a la Aldon Smith?