Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Poe is a guy, although not a position of need, just screams draft me. A guy that big, with that kind of strength, athletic ability are very rare. Nagta was the last guy of that caliber. Virtually impossible to get him where we are but he's a guy who you'd love to add to any defense. But especially to middle of our front, no question. He and Hill are my 1A and 1B draft crush.
If there was a way to get Poe they should do it, because Tomsula will turn him into Haloti Nagta
Old 03-06-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would Poe play NT or DE?
Old 03-06-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NT i think so he can grow behind Sopoaga.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He could play any spot on the line, but yeah probably nose.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Just saw this article come up http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons...a_falcons_blog

Apparently the Niners were the only team not present at G Tech's pro day.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Just saw this article come up http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons...a_falcons_blog

Apparently the Niners were the only team not present at G Tech's pro day.
Yep, I was just going to post it. Hahahahaha

Harbaalke trying to fly under the radar again like they did last year with Aldon. I think they like this kid. I do too, and as of now, I think he's worth the risk at 30. He won't make it to the end of Round 2.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 03-06-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post

Harbaalke trying to fly under the radar again like they did last year with Aldon. I think they like this kid. I do too, and as of now, I think he's worth the risk at 30. He won't make it to the end of Round 2.
He might not make it to the end of round one.

Where were they btw?
Here's the other Pro Days today...

March 6: Alabama A&M, Arkansas, Auburn, California Lutheran, Clark, Eastern Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Liberty, Rhode Island, Sacramento State, Tarleton State, UCLA, Valdosta State

I'm sure they'll bring Hill in to work out atSanta Clara.

Last edited by phlysac : 03-06-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post

I thought they attended Missouri's Pro Day last year? Especially because I think Gabbert threw that day as well.

But like you said, means little. And why would Hill workout after the Combine he had? Seems rather odd.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
He might not make it to the end of round one.

Where were they btw?
Here's the other Pro Days today...

March 6: Alabama A&M, Arkansas, Auburn, California Lutheran, Clark, Eastern Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Liberty, Rhode Island, Sacramento State, Tarleton State, UCLA, Valdosta State

I'm sure they'll bring Hill in to work out atSanta Clara.
Maybe they were in Arkansas getting a up close-up look at Joe Adams and Jarius Wright? At least I hope....
Old 03-06-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought they attended Missouri's Pro Day last year? Especially because I think Gabbert threw that day as well.

But like you said, means little. And why would Hill workout after the Combine he had? Seems rather odd.
They DID attend Missouri's Pro Day last year, BUT everyone thought they were there for Gabbert, not Aldon. It was a perfect cover up and they played it aloof, keeping their obvious interest in Aldon (a player they were specifically targeting) completely on the hush. Love it.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 03-06-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:

All he did was run routes today.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My First Official Mock 2012

Perhaps a bit hopeful with some of their "stocks" but it's so hard to gauge.

Thoughts and comments appreciated...

1. Stephen Hill - WR - Georgia Tech
2. Trumaine Johnson - CB/FS - Montana
3. Bruce Irvin - OLB - West Virginia
4. Robert Turbin - RB - Utah State
5. Joe Adams - WR/RS - Arkansas
6. David Molk - C - Michigan
7. Kelcie McCray - FS/SS - Arkansas State
Old 03-06-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if we snag Joe Adams that late, I will cream my pants.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 03-06-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
if we snag Joe Adams that late, I will cream my pants.
That 3-6 range is so hard to predict. I was comfortable with Adams in the 4-6 range much of the season. Then his Bowl game and pre-Combine hype had him hitting the 1st round (which I thought was laughable) but it made 2-3 feasable. Then his Combine showed that he doesn't have elite speed (perhaps elite "quicks"), and maybe, just maybe... will still be there.

Of all the picks in the mock he is my most "wishful thinking," but as I evaluate the WR class, there are so many of similar "stock," and where they fall will largely depend on who's picking.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Stephen Hill - WR - Georgia Tech Sounds like he is a hard worker that would fit in well with the team and will do the dirty work to help hi teammates in the running game.
2. Trumaine Johnson - CB/FS - Montana Don't know enough to comment. We are needing a guy that can take care of the slot though.
3. Bruce Irvin - OLB - West Virginia Love this pick. Need to have the next pass rusher on the roster for when injuries/salary escalations arise
4. Robert Turbin - RB - Utah State Same as T Johnson
5. Joe Adams - WR/RS - Arkansas Love this pick, the kid can make plays and be a ST contributor while he learns his position
6. David Molk - C - Michigan Mean guys are always good to take a look at.
7. Kelcie McCray - FS/SS - Arkansas State And another I don't know enough about, but a team always needs db's to fill special teams with the hope that he develops.

Haven't done enough homework to be more helpful. Always a bit odd for me to see a draft without a DL even when a team seems set there.

Last edited by Rabscuttle : 03-06-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
PhysicalwithanF
Rookie

PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.

Thats a fantastic looking mock Phly..I like all those guys. My immediate thoughts are Im not as much of a fan of Hill as most are..seems a bit to raw for me even factoring in his measurables which admittedly are impressive...i guess im just wary of taking WRs high in general..I still hopes Wright falls to us but he prob wont. Having said all that I wouldnt be upset with Hill depending on what we do in FA. Its a toss up for me amongst second round grade CBs like Johnson, Hosley, Gilmore, Norman..but I like Johnson hes huge for a corner and kinda reminds me of Brandon Browner which isnt a bad thing. I like both Irvin and Turbin..especially Turban but i think you MAY have them dropping one round to far. I love Joe Adams. Is Molks projected to last this long? I thought he was graded higher.

Overall a freakin great haul..again its hard to project for real until FA is over but I would be stoked if that was our draft. My recent mock looks similar btw.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lovely Mock Phlysac .. Would be an ideal draft picks.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:

1. Stephen Hill - WR - Georgia Tech
2. Trumaine Johnson - CB/FS - Montana
3. Bruce Irvin - OLB - West Virginia
4. Robert Turbin - RB - Utah State
5. Joe Adams - WR/RS - Arkansas
6. David Molk - C - Michigan
7. Kelcie McCray - FS/SS - Arkansas State
It looks like a baalke draft
Old 03-07-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

updated mock draft:

1. stephen hill - wr
2. alfonzo denard - cb
3. shea mccllein - olb/de
4. brandon taylor - s
5. vick ballard - rb
6. marquis maze - pr/kr/wr
7. ben bojicic - c
Old 03-07-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Hmmmmm.....never EVER have I done a mock draft before. So I guess we'll call this a wish list I guess of what I wouldnt mind seeing from Baalke come draft day.

1st> Stephen Hill, WR - Georgia Tech

2nd> Stephon Gilmore, CB - S. Carolina

3rd> Doug Martin, RB - Bosie St

4th> Sean Richardson, SS - Vandy

5th> Austin Pasztor, OG - UVA

6th> Adrian Hamilton, OLB - Prarie View St

7th> Junior Hemingway, WR - Michigan
Old 03-07-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:

1st> Stephen Hill, WR - Georgia Tech

2nd> Stephon Gilmore, CB - S. Carolina

3rd> Doug Martin, RB - Bosie St
Don't like the chances, but... JIZZTASTIC!

My opinion, and could be WAY OFF (just as I could be with my mock) but I see all 3 of those guys gone prior to the 49ers 2nd pick.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Don't like the chances, but... JIZZTASTIC!

My opinion, and could be WAY OFF (just as I could be with my mock) but I see all 3 of those guys gone prior to the 49ers 2nd pick.
Yea, thats why I called it a wish list per say, though RBs tend to get undervalued. No one expected Hunter to be around in the 4th last year. Martin is just too much of a stud to last until the 3rd. Gilmore though, I could see maybe sliding to us in the 2nd. If not, I'll take Martin in the second and Donnie Fletcher in the third :)

And I can't believe I forgot to mention Nic Perry as my part of my draft crush trio. Explosive guy off the snap. Loads of ability. Motor may be a question but would love, love, LOVE to have him as a Niner as well.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-07-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Kevin Zeitler OG, Wisconsin - The more I think about how deep the WR position is, the more I want someone who will rid us of seeing Snyder get hurt and Chilo Rachal playing. Enter Zeitler, one of the five reasons Montee Ball had such an outstanding year. Pure hogmolly! trench dog! whatever you would like to call him, he's it. I agree with Scott on this pick.

2. Stephon Gilmore CB, South Carolina - Good CB with solid ball skills and a good tackler. This defense calls for bigger corners and ones that can tackle. I think Gilmore makes an impact anywhere.

3. Brian Quick WR, App State - BIG AND FAST. Harbaugh is looking for big bodied WRs that can run and block just as well. Quick is almost a hidden gem. He's a jump ball artist and very dangerous after the catch.

4. Vick Ballard RB, Mississippi State - Dixon isnt the power back we need. I'm not even sure if we need a power back. Big Vick isn't even a power back, he's a tackle breaking back, if you will. Guy runs with power but with all that power, hes also very patient when picking a whole, sometimes too patient. But I like the athleticism a guy his size brings. He's also a good receiever out of the backfield.

5. Jake Bequette DE/OLB, Arkansas - Could have his hand up or down for us. Gotta love the combination of size and athleticsm with this guy. Was THEE sackmaster at Arkansas.

6. Devon Wylie WR/RS, Fresno State - Small guy, hard worker. sat out of the 2010 season with a fractured foot. Would probably be a great special teamer at the next level. Explosive. Some people say he's a legit 4.2 40 guy. If we dont resign Ginn, Wylie could fill in the return role.

7. Brad Smelley TE, Bama - Could compete with Byham for the 3rd TE spot. Had a very nice year for the National Champion Crimson Tide. Averaged 10 yards a catch. I also would like Jake Byrne from Wisconsin here, good blocking TE.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did this mock in hopes that we sign one of the top WRs in the FA. Also, resigning all of our own players ie. Alex and Rogers

Old 03-07-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I really like Ballard so I wouldn't mind seeing him drafted. Of course I like Gilmore in the second.....*zing. No problems with anything after that but if Hill is still on the board and we draft yet another OG in the first round, Im going to be very disappointed to put iit midly.

I think Bequette is going to be one of those players that GMs look back on this draft and wonder, "How did we miss this guy?" Just seems like a Jimbaugh type of player and guy with alot of natural pass-rush ability. Really like the value there where you have him going. Seems like I guy who's gonna fall through the cracks because ppl question him as a athlete, much like they did All-Done last year.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-07-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Closed Thread