Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 02:49 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Quick in the 2nd!

Old 04-01-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
You never know though. I mean last year, how many of our picks did people correctly predict? Even when we were on the clock at 7 i was expecting Quinn or Prince. Aldon came out of nowhere. The only picks that you could maybe see coming were Kaepernick and Ronald Johnson.
After last year, I've given up hoping for players and just rolling with whatever Baalke goes with, but I would have been mad about Fleener if he were the pick, say, 3 months ago, but now I'm okay with him being the pick because none of the WRs in this draft really "wow" me.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 04-01-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to wonder if the Niners are targeting a player and might trade up in this Draft, should one fall a couple spots. They have been so active in FA and have re-signed so many players (entire starting D intact), brought back projects from the practice squad and added depth already (Cox, Jacobs, etc.) that they don't need to bring in a ton of draft picks. It's always good to have a few more guys to develop, but if there is a unique elite player - let's say Trent Richardson - that they want, I could see a scenario where they could move up and get him. Could you imagine their offensive potential and the post-Gore future with someone like Richardson at the helm? It's an enticing situation to say the least.

I'm not saying that I think it's a good idea to trade up, especially for a scenario to draft a RB high, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did something like that on Draft day, should a player they like slide down out of the Top 10 and into the teens. I could also see a scenario for Michael Floyd being in play as well.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Last edited by Madirishman : 04-01-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess the most likely scenario is DeCastro if he falls because he can slide right in to the RG-position.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at the last few drafts, if they take a guy in the first, they expect him to start. Guard would make sense, but Dre Kirkpatrick or Stephon Gilmore would not be a shock either.

Could Shea McClellin play 3-4 OLB?

Old 04-01-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Looking at the last few drafts, if they take a guy in the first, they expect him to start. Guard would make sense, but Dre Kirkpatrick or Stephon Gilmore would not be a shock either.

Could Shea McClellin play 3-4 OLB?
Aldon Smith didn't start last year.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick mock draft i just came up with, let me know what you think

1- Peter Konz, C/OG
2- Robert Turbin, RB
3- Joe Adams, WR/KR/PR
4- Trumaine Johnson, DB
5- Bruce Irvin, OLB
6- Ryan Broyles, WR
7- Kevin Roger, TE
Old 04-01-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Quick mock draft i just came up with, let me know what you think

1- Peter Konz, C/OG
2- Robert Turbin, RB
3- Joe Adams, WR/KR/PR
4- Trumaine Johnson, DB
5- Bruce Irvin, OLB
6- Ryan Broyles, WR
7- Kevin Roger, TE
I've fallen out of love with Konz because of his injury history. I hope Turbin isn't gone in 2.

Irvin dropping to 5?

Why another TE if not Fleener?
Old 04-01-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Aldon Smith didn't start last year.
You're right, but he did play a ton of snaps.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wait.. falling out of love with konz due to injury and loving on robert turbin?

Old 04-01-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Robert Turbin (whom would share carries 3 ways) tore his ACL and missed a season. He never missed a single game in 2008, 2009, or 2011.

Peter Konz (who would play every snap) has missed at least 2 games in every season he has played.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Robert Turbin (whom would share carries 3 ways) tore his ACL and missed a season. He never missed a single game in 2008, 2009, or 2011.

Peter Konz (who would play every snap) has missed at least 2 games in every season he has played. So he's played roughly 10 games a year in college. Now he'd be expected to stay healthy for 16-20 in the NFL. Yeah, I ropped my love for him. He's not a big, nasty, bull-dozer either, which I tend to fall for.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

I actually would like to have Turbin rather than Konz. I just thought it was funny seeing as both have gotten injured in the pass. We all know how drafting RBs with Torn ACLs works out for us..

Old 04-01-2012, 11:50 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
I actually would like to have Turbin rather than Konz. I just thought it was funny seeing as both have gotten injured in the pass. We all know how drafting RBs with Torn ACLs works out for us..

Right. And I don't mean to dismiss a serious injury. It's just that I see consistent injuries, every season, as a potential "injurey-proneness" than 1 serious injury but consistent health every other season. Trying to be clear I guess.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:29 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 4 weeks to go Mock

Here's where I'm at for the Niners with 4 weeks to go:

1. Coby Fleener - TE - Stanford

If he merely becomes a consistent redzone threat, he'd be worth it. We're talking about a team with a ready-made lineup at this point. They can draft for BPA or OG at this pick, or they can grab a constant mismatch in Fleener and create favorable matchups all over the field. I'm going with Fleener.

2. Brandon Boykin - DB - Georgia

I think he's going to be a playmaker in the right defense. I think the 49ers are the right defense. He will benefit from the pressure the front 7 creates and I think he would be amazing for them.

3. Robert Turbin - RB - Utah State

He's coming in for a pre-draft workout. Maybe it's a smokescreen. Maybe it's not.

4. DaJohn Harris - DE - USC

Developmental back-up with a good frame for the 3-4. I'm big on getting some draft stud to stand there and watch Justin Smith play all day. Good use of a redshirt year.

5. Ryan Broyles - WR - Oklahoma

This is a guy that I really liked before the injury. I think he's perfect for the West Coast Offense. But my plan would be to put him on IR the first year and basically redshirt him. Make sure he's healthy and give him a year to see the pro game. He wouldn't see the field at all really if they suited him up this year.

6. Olivier Vernon - OLB - Miami

Risky pick. Very raw, but has a lot of ability. The right coach could make him great. In the sixth and seventh rounds, I'm basically looking at upside guys.

7. Dante Page-Moss - DE - UNC

See above. Welcome to the practice squad.

Notes: I ignored OG. I know. Outside of the first-second rounders, I just didn't like most of them. I think Kilgore/Person/FA will be fine for this year. Also, I really wanted to get Tommy Streeter in there. I would be OK with substituting Streeter for Turbin in the third or for Harris in the fourth if he somehow was still available.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:56 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brian Quick in the 2nd!
Quick or Fleener would be sick.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I'm starting to wonder if the Niners are targeting a player and might trade up in this Draft, should one fall a couple spots. They have been so active in FA and have re-signed so many players (entire starting D intact), brought back projects from the practice squad and added depth already (Cox, Jacobs, etc.) that they don't need to bring in a ton of draft picks. It's always good to have a few more guys to develop, but if there is a unique elite player - let's say Trent Richardson - that they want, I could see a scenario where they could move up and get him. Could you imagine their offensive potential and the post-Gore future with someone like Richardson at the helm? It's an enticing situation to say the least.

I'm not saying that I think it's a good idea to trade up, especially for a scenario to draft a RB high, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did something like that on Draft day, should a player they like slide down out of the Top 10 and into the teens. I could also see a scenario for Michael Floyd being in play as well.
This.

Players I think they could be targeting/hoping to see fall:
Trent Richardson
David Decastro
Kendall Wright
Fletcher Cox
Nick Perry
Michael Floyd

I would not be surprised at all if the Niners moved up to the 18-23 range and nabbed one of those players.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only way I'd be happy with Fleener in the first is we managed to grab Marvin Jones in the second. Hill and Jones are the WRs I really covet in this draft so either one of them and I'm a happy camper.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

the more and more i think about the mismatches it will create, i'd love to get fleener in the 1st. he instantly improves our redzone targets and him VD and DWalk would create some awful mismatches for defenses. hes a stanford guy. its TOO perfect.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

If not Fleener, Janoris Jenkins would be cool at 30.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

whats the beat on jenkins? he seems like so much of a wildcard. i just dont know what to make of him and i've actually seen him play(same conference).

Old 04-03-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

1. Trade for an early 2nd and 4th?
2. Kevin Zeitler OG, Wisconsin
2. Chris Givens WR, Wake Forest
3. Josh Robinson CB, UCF
4. Kheeston Randall DL, Texas
4. Juron Criner WR, Arizona
5. Janzen Jackson DB, Tennessee
6. Donald Stephenson OT, Oklahoma
7. Brandon Bolden HB, Ole Miss

Last edited by YAYareaRB : 04-03-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
If not Fleener, Janoris Jenkins would be cool at 30.
As gifted as they come, but a headcase off the field. Then agin, we signed Perrish Cox so idk what our view is on character at the moment.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
As gifted as they come, but a headcase off the field. Then agin, we signed Perrish Cox so idk what our view is on character at the moment.
Which is why Jenkins seems like a longshot. Why pair the two together? One or the other? Fine, but using them both? Scary.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The closer we get to the draft the stronger feeling I have that the Niners will either trade up or down out of this pick.
Closed Thread