Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
OK so lets say the board doesn't fall all that great for us but we ca't find a trade partner to move back, who do you pick in these situations?

Hypothetical 1: Top players left on our board are; Randle, Konk, and Zeitler

Hypo 2: Jenkins, Adams, Glenn

Which would you take in each Hypo?

I go Konk in 1 and Glenn in 2 I guess.
1. Zeitler
2. Glenn

2 > 1
Old 04-13-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With the possibility of moving Anthony Davis to Guard what do you guys think about the possibility of drafting Mike Adams to play RT? Do you think he's a good value at #30?
Just my opinion...

Anthony Davis > Alex Boone > Mike Adams.

Adams is a much better prospect than Boone was coming out, but Boone has put all of his red-flags to bed and is truly a good NFL OT.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
1. Zeitler
2. Glenn

2 > 1
Talk about a huge line if Glenn starts at RG....wow. Gore would be doing back flips (hopefully not really, we need Gore healthy..)
Old 04-14-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OK so lets say the board doesn't fall all that great for us but we ca't find a trade partner to move back, who do you pick in these situations?

Hypothetical 1: Top players left on our board are; Randle, Konk, and Zeitler

I go Konk in 1 and Glenn in 2 I guess.
1)Randle - but jump on a decent trade offer
2)Glenn
Old 04-14-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) hope for someone looking to trade back into first.
2) Jenkins

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 04-14-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Glenn won't be there in rd. 2, & might not be there at the 49ers rd. 1 spot. His stock is rising fast largely b/c he is large, 6-6, 347. He lacks eperience but so does every other jr.

He is the #2-ranked OG & would be preferable to another yr. of Chilo Rachal suckage.

Last edited by jojo : 04-14-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe that's two different hypothetical sets of players that might be available at the end of round 1, jojo.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Hill was on NFL Live yesterday and admitted he grew up as a Falcons fan. They asked him specifically about t he Niners (since he's being mocked to us by Kiper and McShay) and he didn't seem overly excited at the thought of donning the gold helmet, answering in an uninspiring tone and not saying much. Didn't really win me over as I want guys who WANT to be Niners. Patrick Willis is a phenomenal example of someone who wanted to be there. Crabtree is an example of someone who appeared to be indifferent. Just saying.
I think your reading waaaaaay too much into it. I saw it too. He gave a pc answer like a professional should have. Didnt see anything that indicates he doesn't want to be a Niner. People see and believe what they want. He also gave us a compliment. Why is that when it comes to WR, ppl always want guys to have Niner Love coming out of their pores? Just because a guy doesn't do backflips when our name is mentioned, doesn't mean he's less than thrilled at the prospect of being a Niner. I saw nothing wrong with what he said.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I believe that's two different hypothetical sets of players that might be available at the end of round 1, jojo.
I meant Glenn might not be available in 1 or 2, added the word not in edit.

Then Konk in rd. 1 & Glenn in 2.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this would be how I would rank these players..what do you guys think? and who would you add to the list (of those with a decent chance to get to 30..)

Hill
Wright
Fleener
Brockers
Glenn
Konz
Zeitler
Adams
Randle
Thompson
Old 04-14-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im sorry, I like Randle but I DO NOT see first round talent. Much more impressed with a guy like Marvin Jones than Randle. I wouldnt be upset if Randle became a Niner. But I would be totally pissed if he was our pick at 30.

And also, I had the weirdest dream that we picked Doug Martin at #30....

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-14-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Im sorry, I like Randle but I DO NOT see first round talent. Much more impressed with a guy like Marvin Jones than Randle. I wouldnt be upset if Randle became a Niner. But I would be totally pissed if he was our pick at 30.

And also, I had the weirdest dream that we picked Doug Martin at #30....
I have Randle pretty far down there so I wouldn't be happy either. Doug Martin wouldn't surprise me too much but I wouldnt like it. Gore, Kendall, Jacobs, and a mid round rookie sounds good to me.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think your reading waaaaaay too much into it. I saw it too. He gave a pc answer like a professional should have. Didnt see anything that indicates he doesn't want to be a Niner. People see and believe what they want. He also gave us a compliment. Why is that when it comes to WR, ppl always want guys to have Niner Love coming out of their pores? Just because a guy doesn't do backflips when our name is mentioned, doesn't mean he's less than thrilled at the prospect of being a Niner. I saw nothing wrong with what he said.
I still want them to take him and he was trying to be pc with them even noting his agent was just off-camera coaching him, but he got a lot more excited taking about the Falcons. Didn't sit well with me but it's not a deal-breaker for them drafting him in my eyes. Just interesting to see what they may have to work with since he's a 'developmental' guy.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 04-15-2012, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
I still want them to take him and he was trying to be pc with them even noting his agent was just off-camera coaching him, but he got a lot more excited taking about the Falcons. Didn't sit well with me but it's not a deal-breaker for them drafting him in my eyes. Just interesting to see what they may have to work with since he's a 'developmental' guy.
Yeah I mean these guys are young, not everybody is going to be smooth and comfortable on camera, especially ESPN. He seems like a solid person to me, he doesn't have to be in love with all 32 teams does he?
Old 04-15-2012, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
They should have been asking him about CLE or HOU apparently, nobody has him slipping to 30 anymore....only time will tell.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:25 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

What do you guys think would be the best barometer for us on draft day (ie a player or position that comes off the board either early or late) that would increase our chances of getting the player we want @ 30? 2 players came to mind....Michael Floyd and Jonathan Martin and for different reasons...

If Michael Floyd starts to slip to late teens-early 20's then it makes it much more likely that either Wright, Hill, or Fleener are available @ 30. Conversely, if Floyd is off the board by 10 then it's not nearly as likely that we will have as many, if any, of those 3 players available @ 30.

If Jonathan Martin ( Who I do not want) goes early then it leaves one more OL on the board that we may covet...Martin is mocked anywhere from early teens to the 2nd round...ARZ could take him for instance, increasing our chances of Glenn lasting till 30...I would also say that Mike Adams being drafted early helps us in the same respect.

Last edited by Shupp : 04-15-2012 at 03:27 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:31 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Think about it in your shoes, if someone told you that you had a chance to be drafted by the Niners, you'd light up and be super excited. If they asked you about a different team, say the Seahawks or Rams, you'd definitely be less excited. That doesn't mean you won't give your all for those two teams.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Think about it in your shoes, if someone told you that you had a chance to be drafted by the Niners, you'd light up and be super excited. If they asked you about a different team, say the Seahawks or Rams, you'd definitely be less excited. That doesn't mean you won't give your all for those two teams.
Nah, if I was all but a lock to go in the first round and therefore was going to get paid millions of dollars to play football, I'd be overjoyed and happy to talk about any team. But then again, I have a PR/public speaking background. These guys are just athletes. I get it. Like I noted, it's not a deal breaker for drafting him by any means but I do remember the pre-draft demeanor of Willis and Crabtree and neither of them were Niners fans but they sure seemed to have different attitudes about going to the team. We'll chalk it up to youth and the diva WR stereotype that they're never really happy. Haha

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 04-15-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Nah, if I was all but a lock to go in the first round and therefore was going to get paid millions of dollars to play football, I'd be overjoyed and happy to talk about any team. But then again, I have a PR/public speaking background. These guys are just athletes. I get it. Like I noted, it's not a deal breaker for drafting him by any means but I do remember the pre-draft demeanor of Willis and Crabtree and neither of them were Niners fans but they sure seemed to have different attitudes about going to the team. We'll chalk it up to youth and the diva WR stereotype that they're never really happy. Haha
I dont recall Crabs having any disposition about being a Niner. But being as he's from Dallas and is probably a huge Cowboys fan, he probably hated the Niners growing up. I dont care if I was a on cusp of being a NFL player and making millions of dollars, I dont think I could smile with a straight face and say I would love to be a Cowboy, as I hate that team. I'd probably be trying to do everything I could behind the scenes to ensure they didnt draft me to be honest. But that's just me....
Old 04-15-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
I dont recall Crabs having any disposition about being a Niner. But being as he's from Dallas and is probably a huge Cowboys fan, he probably hated the Niners growing up. I dont care if I was a on cusp of being a NFL player and making millions of dollars, I dont think I could smile with a straight face and say I would love to be a Cowboy, as I hate that team. I'd probably be trying to do everything I could behind the scenes to ensure they didnt draft me to be honest. But that's just me....
Man I don't think I could pretend to be excited to go to the Raiders for any amount of money...
Old 04-15-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is until they give you that first paycheck. It's a business, boys.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 04-15-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

If players like Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers can say how truly upset they were not to go to their favorite team, then it's only fair for a player to express how much they love their hometown team (which for Hill is the Falcons.) I'm sure the Patriots and Packers are upset that their QBs would've killed to be 49ers.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
If players like Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers can say how truly upset they were not to go to their favorite team, then it's only fair for a player to express how much they love their hometown team (which for Hill is the Falcons.) I'm sure the Patriots and Packers are upset that their QBs would've killed to be 49ers.
Excatly. No one is saying you wouldnt play your heart out for whatever team picked you. But its nothing wrong with being honest. You can be professional and still have an opinion. Do ppl even bring up Eli manipulating the draft so he could land in NY, his preference? No because it really isnt a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Just like ppl dont talk about how Elway didnt want to be a Colt back in the day. Nothing wrong with being honest about where you want to play ball. People kill me with this 'holier than thou' attitude these kids should just be happy they're getting drafted and get to be millionaires from playing a sport. But in any other profession, if your good enough to be considered elite in that profession, you usually have your pick of job offers to chose from.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehh, that still pisses me off about Eli. Maybe I'm the only one. You get to pick where you play College ball at, not the Pro's. I can understand College kids having a preference of where to play, I'm sure a lot of kids would want to play closer to where they grew up and for the team they root for.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Why is Scott's countdown clock off every year?? If the name of your site is draft countdown you might want to get the actual countdown right....
Closed Thread