Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how Baalke toys with the media.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 04-19-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I love how Baalke toys with the media.
I mean it really is comical. Now all these guys in the media are trying to figure out who the "mystery prospect" is. Wouldnt be surprised if it were somebody totally off the radar. Maybe even a guy that the talking heads will be screaming is a "huge reach" and has a "third round grade". Which would suck, because that means no Hill. But it could also be a good thing because that might mean Marvin Jones. I just wish the draft was here already. Last two years I pretty much knew who we were targeting. This year I have absolutely no clue.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, ummm, should I put together a Borat-style gameday thread for the draft? I had some thoughts/ideas and am looking for feedback if you guys think it would actually get used.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
So, ummm, should I put together a Borat-style gameday thread for the draft? I had some thoughts/ideas and am looking for feedback if you guys think it would actually get used.
Yes what the hell are you waiting for.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Old 04-20-2012, 02:30 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got to :53 seconds. Not bad.

I'll get to work on a Gameday Thread tomorrow.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I mean it really is comical. Now all these guys in the media are trying to figure out who the "mystery prospect" is. Wouldnt be surprised if it were somebody totally off the radar. Maybe even a guy that the talking heads will be screaming is a "huge reach" and has a "third round grade". Which would suck, because that means no Hill. But it could also be a good thing because that might mean Marvin Jones. I just wish the draft was here already. Last two years I pretty much knew who we were targeting. This year I have absolutely no clue.
It'll probably be someone expected to go in round 2, but they'll take him at 30 and someone will be like, "OH MY GOD THEY TOOK HIM OVER SO-AND-SO! HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE IS DOING!"

My guess is Dan. :D

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 04-20-2012, 09:02 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont believe there's only one player they've been targeting since fall. Especially not knowing draft order and us still knee deep into a playoff run. I think there are several players Baalke and the staff have their eye on and will act accordingly depending on how the board falls. Its hard to target one player when you have 29 picks ahead of you. But for arguement's sake, lets say said player doesn't make it to 30. Does anyone really expect Baalke to tell the media who it was? Or that we had to "settle" for some other player? Or say a player we had targeted as a top 15 prospect, falls to us and he winds up being the pick. No matter who it is, Baalke will say that's the player we had our eye on all along or we had a idea he would be there at 30 and we were estatic he was there. Who's to say otherwise? I cant see Baalke admiting that they didnt take the "secret player" because a guy we had no idea would be there, fell into our lap. Like I said, smoke and mirrors. It makes no sense for Baalke to reveal said player before the draft and it makes no sense to reveal said player after the fact. That's one of those things where it could be anyone and it could be no one, depending on how Baalke wants to play it. Me thinks Baalke is using the media to hype this "secret player" angle, meanwhile they're somewhere working out 5-6 players they really like and have targeted at some undisclosed location, or having dinner with a couple guys to see how they're "wired". There's an angle to every crumb Baalke gives the media.....because he rarely gives them any insight on anything draft related.
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. Yes there are multiple guys on our board in that range that we would feel good about drafting but there is just one player on that list of players in the 30 range who he has liked since early fall and a guy obviously they believe will be there at 30. THAT guy if he is there is likely to be the pick barring another player sliding to 30 OR us trading up for a player sliding that we obviously have a higher grade on OR a significant offer comes our way at 30 to move back.

He really gives nothing away by feeding us this tidbit because it could be anyone and that guy is not necessarily who we will pick there, just someone the FO seems to be enamored with and would feel comfortable taking at 30.

I think they are also hoping to temper fans and local media's reactions to a guy who like others have said will possibly be called a reach by the Mike Mayock's, Mel Kiper's and Todd McShay's on draft day if that is the guy the end up picking.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Realistically assuming nobody takes a huge fall the talent level from picks 25-40 is not that much different. So it could be somebody people are looking at as an early second rounder.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Kendall Wright is going to fall. His size was already a possible impediment, but now there's reports of him having 4 bench reps and 16% body fat. I thought he was a mid-1st rounder but he may be a mid-2nd rounder at this rate. He was a favourite of mine but those weight and strength issues concern me. Especially because if he can't work his butt off right now, what will motivate him to do so when he's in the NFL? I can see him available at 30, and us passing on him.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Looks like Kendall Wright is going to fall. His size was already a possible impediment, but now there's reports of him having 4 bench reps and 16% body fat. I thought he was a mid-1st rounder but he may be a mid-2nd rounder at this rate. He was a favourite of mine but those weight and strength issues concern me. Especially because if he can't work his butt off right now, what will motivate him to do so when he's in the NFL? I can see him available at 30, and us passing on him.
Waiting to hear reports of him breaking into donut shops with Golden Tate.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I was trying to figure out why AJ Jenkins isnt getting much love from anyone really. Seems like he's gone completely off the radar....
Old 04-20-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So I was trying to figure out why AJ Jenkins isnt getting much love from anyone really. Seems like he's gone completely off the radar....
I've heard the opposite. I didn't rank him highly but "talking heads" almost always include him in their "2nd tier" discussion.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
It'll probably be someone expected to go in round 2, but they'll take him at 30 and someone will be like, "OH MY GOD THEY TOOK HIM OVER SO-AND-SO! HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE IS DOING!"

My guess is Dan. :D
Probably. If Fleener is there at 30, I dont see why Harbaugh/Baalke wouldnt draft him. If anything, it should be a definite. If Fleener is gone, im hoping for Hill if he's still on the board. If both are gone, im guessing an OG or trying to trade down.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Probably. If Fleener is there at 30, I dont see why Harbaugh/Baalke wouldnt draft him. If anything, it should be a definite. If Fleener is gone, im hoping for Hill if he's still on the board. If both are gone, im guessing an OG or trying to trade down.
Agreed, I would flip flop Fleener and Hill however.

Last edited by TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart : 04-20-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
If this is true I really hope we don't take him at #30.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
If this is true I really hope we don't take him at #30.
What do you mean "if" this is true? His Bench Reps and BMI are official statistics kept at the Combine. This info has been known since then.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:07 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

And then there's this from Jimbaugh....

Quote:
"I think Trent's trying to be dramatic with you guys -- build the drama," Harbaugh said. "There's several -- there's a lot of good guys. There are a lot of good guys we'd love to have at that pick. Having been through this once, most of the guys you recognize as great football players are going to be playing against you. That's just the fact of business. But getting the right guy, the right fit for our team, is what we're all focused on."

Like I said, smoke and mirrors....

Okay, so Markelle Martin or Harrison Smith? Still think Hardin is going to be a stud if he fully recovers from that injury. But looking at our roster, honestly the biggest need on the team is probably safety. Sean Richardson anyone?

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-21-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:53 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

OK. The draft gameday thread is up. Enjoy. I'm going to close this one.

Closed Thread