Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As I am acting as the GM of the 49ers in the forum mock, I would invite any 49er fans to look into what I have done through free-agency and the draft thus far to tell me what you think.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
Old 02-25-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Post your offseason here CJ.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Borat. I just checked that topic. Its over 90 pages. No one is going to go through all that.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Well most had us taking a pass-rusher early in the process. It wasn't neceassrily the fact it was a pass-rusher but who it was, especially with Robert Quinn still on the board. Before Von Miller stock soared after the Combine, most had us taking him. And who knows what would have happen had Peterson had fallen to us. Hindsight is always 20/20 but most really wanted Peterson had he been there.

So I wouldnt be surprise to see a WR@30. What might surprise ppl is just who that WR is. I believe Baalke likes potential in players with certain athletic qualities he covets. Some may see them as a project but Baalke sees something right away that they can bring to the table. Remember that scouts worked out Bruce Miller at his Pro Day. And Cully out came out to team headquarters and did some drill work with Fangio. We're also doing the legwork for Baalke to base these decisions off of, let's not forget that. So I wouldn't say he's more interested in guys like Hill or Streeter. For all we know, he may hate those guys for whatever reason.
I totally agree with you I keep thinking either Tommy Streeter, or Stephen Hill are wearing Niner uniforms next year.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
First, how are we giving up two draft picks for Wallace? As an RFA, only a first round draft pick would be required. Second, none of those rookies are going to have the impact that Wallace would have. And you guys are the ones who always say that it takes three years for a WR to fully develop. Do you really want to wait three years? I dont. Garcon isnt a number one receiver, he's a solid number two receiver. I think that Jackson will be franchised and even if he's not, him and Colston are going to want at least $10m a season and neither one are worth that much because of their age. To me, it makes a lot more sense to pay Wallace instead of those three guys and sorry, another average WR isnt going to do anything to help us. Plus, if HarBaalke were smart, they would let Rogers walk, sign a veteran DB like Jason Allen to replace him and then go after Wallace which at 5 years younger is worth the money over Rogers. Third, you say another big name but yet every top tier FA WR is going demand around the same amount of money and if its within a $2m or so difference, I rather trade for Wallace because you can sign him to a five year deal and he's young enough with more potential and upside than any of those 28+ year old receivers are.

Promising receiver? We have one - Kyle Williams. He's promising and better in the slot. We need a playmaker. And if the Cardinals sign Manning and Wayne, we're going to need a playmaking WR, not some rookie who's not going to help us now.

No. I'd rather have a guy like Garcon (who can be a number on receiver, look what he did with what he had this past season), Colston, Vincent Jackson, or even Stevie Johnson if I get to keep that first round draft selection. Not only are you giving that pick up, but you are also paying big money to get Wallace, because you'd have to extend his contract. Even if you have to pay a big contract to another one of the free agent receivers, at least you get your number one draft selection you can use on a promising young receiver or another position of need if you want....and then you aren't picking until almost the third round instead without it.

As for receivers taking at least three seasons to develop, I'd say that is up in the air. Regardless, that doesn't mean they can't be a big impact for you as rookies. Look at AJ Green and Julio Jones this past season.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
No. I'd rather have a guy like Garcon (who can be a number on receiver, look what he did with what he had this past season), Colston, Vincent Jackson, or even Stevie Johnson if I get to keep that first round draft selection. Not only are you giving that pick up, but you are also paying big money to get Wallace, because you'd have to extend his contract. Even if you have to pay a big contract to another one of the free agent receivers, at least you get your number one draft selection you can use on a promising young receiver or another position of need if you want....and then you aren't picking until almost the third round instead without it.

As for receivers taking at least three seasons to develop, I'd say that is up in the air. Regardless, that doesn't mean they can't be a big impact for you as rookies. Look at AJ Green and Julio Jones this past season.
I understand what you're saying and hey, if we can get a number one WR and still have our draft pick, great but I dont see that happening because the majority of the potential FA WR's will either be franchised, re-signed or asking for more money than Baalke will be willing to pay them. With that said, I do see Garcon as a better chance of being a 49er than Bowe, Colston or either Jackson.

Look at where Green and Jones were drafted. Do you really think that we would get a starting caliber from day one WR at 30? I dont.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree with Borat. I just checked that topic. Its over 90 pages. No one is going to go through all that.
Guess he wasn't too interested in our feedback lol.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He traded our #1 pick and Larry Grant to the Eagles for DeSean Jackson and the Eagles 4th rounder.

He then made these selections...

62. San Francisco 49ers - CB Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska
94. San Francisco 49ers - OG Ryan Miller, Colorado
117. San Francisco 49ers (from PHI) - S Winston Guy Jr, Kentucky
128. San Francisco 49ers - OLB Nigel Bradham, Florida State
Old 02-26-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac
He traded our #1 pick and Larry Grant to the Eagles for DeSean Jackson and the Eagles 4th rounder.

He then made these selections...

62. San Francisco 49ers - CB Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska
94. San Francisco 49ers - OG Ryan Miller, Colorado
117. San Francisco 49ers (from PHI) - S Winston Guy Jr, Kentucky
128. San Francisco 49ers - OLB Nigel Bradham, Florida State
No comment on the draft picks since I honestly dont know anything about them but the positions that were drafted are pretty good.

Hmmmmm, now, onto that trade. No ******* way is Grant only worth a 4th round draft pick. No way. I wont be surprised if the Jets go after him if they release Bart Scott. And yeah, I still think that Grant should be tendered at the 2nd round level. As for trading #30 for Jackson, I would rather have Wallace. I would only go after Jackson if he isnt franchised. But whatever.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I understand what you're saying and hey, if we can get a number one WR and still have our draft pick, great but I dont see that happening because the majority of the potential FA WR's will either be franchised, re-signed or asking for more money than Baalke will be willing to pay them. With that said, I do see Garcon as a better chance of being a 49er than Bowe, Colston or either Jackson.

Look at where Green and Jones were drafted. Do you really think that we would get a starting caliber from day one WR at 30? I dont.
And look at where Crabtree was drafted. Look where Hakeem Nicks was drafted in that same year. As long as you do your scouting homework you can walk away with a good receiver in the 1st round.

If any of the big name receivers are going to be asking for a huge amount of money, you'd get the same thing from Wallace if you match the offer the Steelers offer him and you'd have to shell out more money to sign him to a long term deal. Oh and there goes your draft pick. If the 49ers have to pay big money to someone, I'd rather it be another FA receiver you don't have to give a 1st round pick for. Even if a receiver is in his late twenties, that doesn't mean he can't have 5+ years of solid production.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2012, 02:25 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

The difference is that with Wallace, you can make him an offer and if he's not interested in signing the offer sheet, you just move on. Basically, the team is in more control.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:54 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
The difference is that with Wallace, you can make him an offer and if he's not interested in signing the offer sheet, you just move on. Basically, the team is in more control.
How is that any different in the 49ers offering a free agent a deal and them saying no?

How are the 49ers not in control in whatever player they decide to sign or not to sign this offseason?

Quote:
Old 02-26-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
The only FA i want to break the bank for is Mario Williams. How often do guys like him come around? But that would mean we definitely didn't re-sign Brooks and probably didn't re-sign Rogers either. Other than that i hope we keep the same philosophy as last year, except maybe have a few more multi-year deals instead of 1 year deals.

You know, I was actually comptemplating that same move. Do we make a run at Mario Williams? I mean think about the ramifications his signing would have. You bring in a athletic freak, pass rushing monster like him into this defense and its almost unfair. With the way our LBs cover ground, our front seven would have a field day. No more double teams for Cowboy and Ray Mac, now you have two monsters on the outside to worry about. I know it goes against conventional wisdom but how often to you get grab a All-Pro cailber freak of nature prospect in the prime of his career? And Im not even suggesting we should do it. But man, if we did do it, I think we would have a chance to be one of the greatest defenses of all time. And according to Mario, he's not looking for a big payday. He said he's already made loads of money, being a #1 overall pick. Now he looking for the best fit and a place for him to win. And he will defintely hit the market. Texans are only 3 mil under the cap and the franchise tag for Mario would be 23 million for this year....OUCH! Very tempting sceniro if Im Baalke. Means you wave bye bye to Brooks, and Rogers, and thats the delemia.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know, I was actually comptemplating that same move. Do we make a run at Mario Williams? I mean think about the ramifications his signing would have. You bring in a athletic freak, pass rushing monster like him into this defense and its almost unfair. With the way our LBs cover ground, our front seven would have a field day. No more double teams for Cowboy and Ray Mac, now you have two monsters on the outside to worry about. I know it goes against conventional wisdom but how often to you get grab a All-Pro cailber freak of nature prospect in the prime of his career? And Im not even suggesting we should do it. But man, if we did do it, I think we would have a chance to be one of the greatest defenses of all time. And according to Mario, he's not looking for a big payday. He said he's already made loads of money, being a #1 overall pick. Now he looking for the best fit and a place for him to win. And he will defintely hit the market. Texans are only 3 mil under the cap and the franchise tag for Mario would be 23 million for this year....OUCH! Very tempting sceniro if Im Baalke. Means you wave bye bye to Brooks, and Rogers, and thats the delemia.
Same thought crossed my mind. It would remind me of when the Packers signed Reggie White to put them over the top. It would be nuts to run a 4 man line of Super Mario, McDonald, Cowboy, and Aldon Smith out on 3rd down. I thought I heard Matt Barrows say on the radio that the 49ers felt that Rogers good season was due more to the pass rush than his pass rush. I would go with Culliver as a starter and give up Brooks and Rogers to get Mario Williams.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 02-26-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy smokes, what a 40 time posted by Stephen Hill:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niner...80&feedID=5884
Pretty soon he is going to have his own Transformers nickname.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

updated mock:

1. kendall wright - wr
2. casey hayward - cb
3. bruce irvin - olb
4. brandon taylor - s
5. derek moye - wr
6. ben bojicic - c
7. ryan nassib - qb
Old 02-26-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
updated mock:

1. kendall wright - wr
2. casey hayward - cb
3. bruce irvin - olb
4. brandon taylor - s
5. derek moye - wr
6. ben bojicic - c
7. ryan nassib - qb
Only way SF lands Wright is if they trade up into the top 15.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Holy smokes, what a 40 time posted by Stephen Hill:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niner...80&feedID=5884
Pretty soon he is going to have his own Transformers nickname.
Stephen Hill just made the Combine his personal *****. I knew he would time better than I expected but he just went super siyan on his 40. And he looked so smooth in the guadlet. Im saying it now, Hill@30. I understand its just the Combine but Baalke loves guys with physical tools that the coaching staff can mold. Hill is a guy I've always liked but now he brings elite physical tools to the equation that were a big question before. I still like guys like Streeter, Adams, and a host of others later on. But I would not be shocked at all to see Baalke run to the podium himself to select Stephen Hill.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Rueben Randle's 40 times: 4.50, 4.56 seconds

I was expecting him to crack the low 4.4's but still solid times for a guy his size.

Mohamed Sanu's 40 times: 4.65, 4.65 seconds

Both WR's interviewed with the 49ers according to Matt Maiocco.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

And Streeter witha 4.34.....damn, all me sleepers are showing out. Wylie with a 4.37. Just waiting on the agility drills for some of these. And I knew Sanu wasnt that explosive. I just never saw that when I watched him and now those 40 times tie it all together. And Floyd running faster than Wright? Been a interesting day so far.....
Old 02-26-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

RG3 said he interviewed with the 49ers......I can dream can't I?
Old 02-26-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
RG3 said he interviewed with the 49ers......I can dream can't I?
Honestly, team interviews means very little, IMO. Its all smoke and mirrors. But yes, feel free to dream. I'd love to have him. If I could Photoshop, I would for you, lol. But Im too busy dreaming of Hill and Wylie in Niner unis......and Streeter......and Doug Martin.....and Egnew.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 02-26-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
How is that any different in the 49ers offering a free agent a deal and them saying no?

How are the 49ers not in control in whatever player they decide to sign or not to sign this offseason?
Because with UFA's, they may go back and forth in offers where as with an RFA, the RFA has no leverage. He either accepts the offer sheet or he doesnt.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Honestly, team interviews means very little, IMO. Its all smoke and mirrors. But yes, feel free to dream. I'd love to have him. If I could Photoshop, I would for you, lol. But Im too busy dreaming of Hill and Wylie in Niner unis......and Streeter......and Doug Martin.....and Egnew.
Yeah was kidding around. Rams would trade rape SF for that pick. We would probably have to give up future Super Bowl revenue shares just to get in talks with them haha.
Quote:
RT @mercbrownie: In NFLN interview, RG3 said he had fun meeting w/ Harbaugh, sensed #49ers were looking for info on Baylor WR Kendall Wright
Old 02-26-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Same thought crossed my mind. It would remind me of when the Packers signed Reggie White to put them over the top. It would be nuts to run a 4 man line of Super Mario, McDonald, Cowboy, and Aldon Smith out on 3rd down. I thought I heard Matt Barrows say on the radio that the 49ers felt that Rogers good season was due more to the pass rush than his pass rush. I would go with Culliver as a starter and give up Brooks and Rogers to get Mario Williams.
Soooo...giving up a MONSTER contract to Williams who quite honestly is better suited as a DE in the 4-3 is okay but giving up a good contract and a first rounder is TOO MUCH???

Honestly, no thanks to Williams. We dont need him. What the 49ers need is to re-sign Brooks, let Rogers walk and get a ******* speed playmaking receiver on the outside. We already have the best defense but guess what, we need more offensive firepower to score more points. Pass on Williams.
Closed Thread