Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 02-27-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Nebkreb
Rookie

Nebkreb is a cocksman.Nebkreb is a cocksman.Nebkreb is a cocksman.
Default Theoretical exercise

If all of the pass rushing prospects fall (lets say any DE or OLB) and are available for the Jets, who should they pick? Essentially, what is your rankings for the various OLBs or DEs available? At different times I have seen Upshaw, Ingram, Coples and Mercilus as the Best Case Scenario for Jets in the first round.
Nebkreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebkreb View Post
If all of the pass rushing prospects fall (lets say any DE or OLB) and are available for the Jets, who should they pick? Essentially, what is your rankings for the various OLBs or DEs available? At different times I have seen Upshaw, Ingram, Coples and Mercilus as the Best Case Scenario for Jets in the first round.
They all have major red flags.

I'd rank them:

1) Nick Perry
2) Upshaw (still questions about his ability to drop into coverage and overall athleticism/smarts)
3) Ingram (short arms, struggles against the run, overall questionable first-round pedigree scare me)
4) Mercilus (we don't know if he can play standing up and he's a one-year wonder without great technique)
5) Coples (he's not what the Jets look for in a 5-tech)

Needless to say, I'm not high on the Jets using #16 on a pass rusher. I think Lamar Miller is the best pick but I could see them being stubborn and still thinking Greene has what it takes to be a feature back.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Fletcher Cox more than any of the OLB prospects. Other than that I'd only consider the first three guys gpngc listed, and I go back and forth on the order. Really, I don't like any of them though.

One guy I think is interesting is Vinny Curry if he's there day 2, not a great 40 but excelled in the agility drills. Good pass rushing instincts too, think he can stand up. Bruce Irvin too if you put some weight on him. But like gpngc said, they've all got warts. I personally don't want to take a guy in the first round because of it, I'd rather take a cleaner guy at another position. The team's got plenty of needs anyway.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Upshaw without a doubt

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote