Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Good find!

Guards and centers on there too!
But for some reason he leaves out Konz and DeCastro. The arguement in the comments is that he only ranked players that he watched tape on, but he ranks Martin for the tackles, and find it hard to believe that he couldn't look next to him and find DeCastro.
steelersrock151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
I would take him, I see him as a 3-4 LB all the way

Does anyone know what his Kirwan explosion index is?

Would Like to compare it to Woodleys
i do not see him as an OLB at all. He is a good football player but hes an undersized DE which despite popular belief doesnt automatically equate to OLB rusher. Woodley is a good comparison, but guys like woodley arent usually as good as woodley. Woodley isnt fast but hes so powerful and has a knack for closing, hes terrific in pursuit.

not saying upshaw CANT, but i look at woodley as an exception. not the rule. short and 270ish pounds is a tough size to be a 34 transition player for most. id prefer perry if were looking for a big stiff OLB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I kind of want to trade down for Massie. I watched his film against Bama and LSU and he played very well IMO.
i do like massie....i loathe trading down down though, we dont need a lot more players we need a few quality players. I would LOVE to trade 24, the second rounder and a next years third for the jaguars 7 and go get decastro. THATS a game changer imo.

also seattle could be a trade up partner, they want hightower...we could land decastro or poe

Last edited by K Train : 04-20-2012 at 09:49 AM.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, I wouldn't mind taking Massie at 24 if we were to stay. He's pretty raw, but great potential.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i do like massie....i loathe trading down down though, we dont need a lot more players we need a few quality players. I would LOVE to trade 24, the second rounder and a next years third for the jaguars 7 and go get decastro. THATS a game changer imo.
Completely on board with this, except one caveat is Colbert doesn't trade future picks. This being said I would definitely give our 1st/2nd/4th to go up and Get DeCastro. Guy is a dominator.
DeeboHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

even moving wallace to the rams for 6 or the jags for 7 would be amazing, you can take decastro and then sit back and take hill/floyd at 24.

again, game changer lol
Old 04-20-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
even moving wallace to the rams for 6 or the jags for 7 would be amazing, you can take decastro and then sit back and take hill/floyd at 24.

again, game changer lol
And unrealistic lol.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i dream big
Old 04-20-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting really sceptical about Hightower being the pick in round 1 now.

If you look at the ILB's the Steelers have drafted over recent years, you'll notice that they we're all on the small side for 3-4 inside linebackers, and generally quite athletic gifted.

In fact you have to go back 15+ years to Carlos Emmons since the Steelers drafted an ILB that weighs 245+. Most of the recent draft picks have been in the 230's...

Lawrence Timmons - 234lbs (now 250lbs)
Stevenson Sylvester - 231lbs (now 240+)
Larry Foote - 231lbs (now 240lbs)
Mike Humpal - 240lbs
Goo Wallace - 235lbs
Kendrell Bell - 234lbs (played at 240+)

Imo, the coaches like ILB's that are naturally athletic and have the body that can mature as they progress. I think they will be wary of Hightower; 1, because he is limited athletically, and 2, because he is already oversized for the poistion, and will only continue to get bigger.

I have come to the assumption that if the Steelers target an ILB in round 1, it will be either Luke Kuechley or Mychal Kendricks.

Some other prospects that fit the bill are; James Michael-Johnson, Tank Carder, Najee Goode, Jerry Franklin, Zach Brown, Lavonte David, Bobby Wagner, Sean Spence, Demario Davis.

And my last reason...the Steelers (especially Keith Butler) LOVE Stevenson Sylvester! Butler has been raving about Sly since he was first drafted, and even called him starter material after his rookie season. Imo they have been grooming Sly to replace Farrior for the last season and a half, and it is time for him to step up. They will keep Foote around as a mentor, and backup plan if Sly doesnt pan out, but imo they are happy with the rotation of starters at ILB and may not even draft one untill the mid rounds of the upcoming draft.

If that is the case, and the front office doesn't rank ILB as a high priority in the draft, it would allow us to scratch off Hightower all together, and draft purely for BPA. That could mean; O-Line, Safety, Nose Tackle, Reciever, Tight End, Running Back, Corner...pretty much anything. If i am right, the first round is going to be pretty exciting...imagine Hightower and Jonathan Martin sitting on the board, then BOOM...we draft Stephen Hill. MIND BLOWN.

Enjoy my incomprehensible rabble! I am tired and drunk :D

Last edited by Jakey : 04-20-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Pitt
Veteran

Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.

More I get into breaking down this draft, the more I see this being a Rashard Mendenhall type first round for the Steelers.

Look for Luke Kuechly, Dontari Poe, Stephon Gilmore, and Stephen Hill to be the selection.

Hightower, Adams, Martin, or whomever else the consesus have us taking aren't even being considered in my opinion.

Last edited by Pitt : 04-21-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good stuff Jakey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt View Post
More I get into breaking down this draft, the more I see this being a Rashard Mendenhall type first round for the Steelers.

Look for Luke Kuechly, Dontari Poe, Stephon Gilmore, and Stephen Hill to be the selection.

Hightower, Adams, Martin, or whomever else the consesus have us taking aren't even being considered in my opinion.
My wet dream would be to trade up for DeCastro. Mid round picks be damned, I'd rather invest two in DeCastro and have him play alongside Pouncey than use them normally. Him and Pouncey would work so well together, IMO. Both are great at pulling and moving out to the second level.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bare in mind i love Hightower, but i honestly think this is going to be a BPA pick.

It could be anyone!
Old 04-21-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We haven't really talked about running backs, but if we were to take one, I'd like it to be Doug Martin. I just love the way the guy plays.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

MOXX:

1: Stephen Hill - WR - GT - 6'4" - 215lbs - 4.36
2: Mychal Kendricks - ILB - Cal - 5'11" - 240lbs - 4.46
3: Brandon Brooks - OG - Miami - 6'5" - 345lbs - 5.00
4: Derek Wolfe - DE - Cincinnati - 6'5" - 295lbs - 5.00
5: Lucas Nix - OG - Pitt - 6'5" - 320lbs - 5.40
6: Keith Tandy - CB - 5'10 - 200lbs - 4.51
7: Jerrell Harris - LB - 6'2" - 240lbs - 4.65
7: Toney Clemons - WR - 6'2" - 210lbs - 4.40
7: Blair Walsh - Kicker - Georgia

Let me have it!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
MOXX:

1: Stephen Hill - WR - GT - 6'4" - 215lbs - 4.36
2: Mychal Kendricks - ILB - Cal - 5'11" - 240lbs - 4.46
3: Brandon Brooks - OG - Miami - 6'5" - 345lbs - 5.00
4: Derek Wolfe - DE - Cincinnati - 6'5" - 295lbs - 5.00
5: Lucas Nix - OG - Pitt - 6'5" - 320lbs - 5.40
6: Keith Tandy - CB - 5'10 - 200lbs - 4.51
7: Jerrell Harris - LB - 6'2" - 240lbs - 4.65
7: Toney Clemons - WR - 6'2" - 210lbs - 4.40
7: Blair Walsh - Kicker - Georgia

Let me have it!
You missed a seventh round pick, and consequently your mock is useless!!!

Jk :D

Stephen Hill is a really intriguing prospect to me. 1st round athlete, 3rd round player, IMO. He wasn't as impressive as I would have liked him to be when I saw him, but that tends to happen with Georgia Tech receivers, they grown on you. The same thing happened with Demaryious Thomas for me.

2,3,and 4 are great picks, IMO. Like the players, like the value.

Lucas Nix is solid, but I think he could go later, in the 6th. Keith Tandy, I don't really know much about him, so I'll trust you on him :)

Seventh rounders are good too.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-22-2012, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

There is no way in hell Brooks and Wolfe last that long. I'd be so pumped if they did, though.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
There is no way in hell Brooks and Wolfe last that long. I'd be so pumped if they did, though.
I'm just hoping its a Carl Nicks/John Jerry kinda deal. Massive guards just dont appeal to a lot of teams. Hopefully his weight puts people off, and we steal him in the 3rd :p

Wolfe would be sweet in the 4th, but like you said...unlikely :(
Old 04-22-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
You missed a seventh round pick, and consequently your mock is useless!!!

Jk :D

Stephen Hill is a really intriguing prospect to me. 1st round athlete, 3rd round player, IMO. He wasn't as impressive as I would have liked him to be when I saw him, but that tends to happen with Georgia Tech receivers, they grown on you. The same thing happened with Demaryious Thomas for me.

2,3,and 4 are great picks, IMO. Like the players, like the value.

Lucas Nix is solid, but I think he could go later, in the 6th. Keith Tandy, I don't really know much about him, so I'll trust you on him :)

Seventh rounders are good too.
My thinking with Hill is; over the next few years Wallace and Brown are going to want to get paid...i can see Brown being resigned, but i cant see Wallace getting the kind of money he wants from us. Sanders will either need extending/or not resigned due to injury. Cotch will be 31 and be in the last year of his contract.

If we drafted Hill, he could be No5 this season, learn the system/routes etc. By next season he should be ready to contribute, especially if we lose Wallace.

Our starting 2013 recievers would be...

1 - Hill
2 - Brown
3 - Sanders (if healthy)
4 - Cotchery

That would still be an elite group imo.

IF Wallace is resigned, Hill and Wallace on the outside, and Brown/Sanders in the slot would be ELITEEE! Run 3/4 WR sets...watch teams squirm!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
IF Wallace is resigned, Hill and Wallace on the outside, and Brown/Sanders in the slot would be ELITEEE! Run 3/4 WR sets...watch teams squirm!
That would be sick! I think we will wind up keeping Wallace, but will still be very cap-strapped next year. If Hampton leaves, that opens up a good chunk of cap room, so that would help. Wallace would take that and a bit more, IMO.

If we managed to keep Wallace and Brown and added Hill, and Hill developed nicely, man, the passing game would be unstoppable.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Steelers Big Board Top Ten

1.Cordy Glenn OG Georgia

2.Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina

3.Courtney Upshaw LB Alabama

4.Donta Hightower LB Alabama

5.Coby Fleener TE Stanford

6.Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech

7.Alameda Ta'amu DT Washington

8.Bobby Massie OT Ole Miss

9.Shea Mcclellin LB Boise State

10. Jonathan Martin OT Stanford

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stat-an.../sackseer-2012

Very interesting article, Pro Football Outsider's Sack Seer.....

claims that Nick Perry will have the most sack production of this year's class.

I just got started watching the Line backers and Im starting to think this as well.

The guy is very explosive, Micheal Lombardi compared him to Lamar Woodley.

Mike Tirico

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
Old 04-22-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KsboKzF_fU

Really liking Schwartz.......

Hope he falls

Mike Tirico

Old 04-22-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is how my Mock played out with somebody controlling every team ...

1st round trade down to 32 ... Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin
2nd round ... Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss
3rd round ... Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas
3rd round (from trade) ... Bruce Irvin , OLB, West Virginia ( traded to the dolphins for their 4th, 5th, and 7th)
4th round (from trade)... Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama
4th round... Brock Osweiler , QB, Arizona State
5th round (from trade) ... Kheeston Randall , DE, Texas
5th round ... Marcus Dowtin, ILB, North Alabama
6th round ... Trevin Wade, CB, Arizona
7th round (from trade) ... Emmanuel Acho , LB, Texas
7th round... Jaye Howard , DT, Flordia
7th round ... Chris Greenwood, CB, Albion
7th round ... Neiko Thorpe , S, Auburn
7th round ... Taylor Thompson, TE, SMU .... also can play DE

~~~~UFA list~~~~
Shawn Powell, P, Florida State
Carson Wiggs, K, Purdue
Tom Compton, OT, South Dakota
Daryl Richardson, RB, Abilene
Duke Ihenacho, SS, San Jose State
Miles Burris , OLB, San Diego State

if the draft played out like this i would be really happy
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrunn View Post
Here is how my Mock played out with somebody controlling every team ...

1st round trade down to 32 ... Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin
2nd round ... Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss
3rd round ... Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas
3rd round (from trade) ... Bruce Irvin , OLB, West Virginia ( traded to the dolphins for their 4th, 5th, and 7th)
4th round (from trade)... Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama
4th round... Brock Osweiler , QB, Arizona State
5th round (from trade) ... Kheeston Randall , DE, Texas
5th round ... Marcus Dowtin, ILB, North Alabama
6th round ... Trevin Wade, CB, Arizona
7th round (from trade) ... Emmanuel Acho , LB, Texas
7th round... Jaye Howard , DT, Flordia
7th round ... Chris Greenwood, CB, Albion
7th round ... Neiko Thorpe , S, Auburn
7th round ... Taylor Thompson, TE, SMU .... also can play DE

~~~~UFA list~~~~
Shawn Powell, P, Florida State
Carson Wiggs, K, Purdue
Tom Compton, OT, South Dakota
Daryl Richardson, RB, Abilene
Duke Ihenacho, SS, San Jose State
Miles Burris , OLB, San Diego State

if the draft played out like this i would be really happy
So we trade 24 for 32, 4th 5th and 7th?

I'm not too crazy about taking Zeitler in the first, but I like the guy, so the first round is ok, I guess.

Really like the second pick, really dislike the third pick. I think it's way too high for Childs, plus I'm not a big fan of him. I'd have seen if Brian Quick was available, or maybe Dwight Jones or Jeff Fuller, I'm higher on those guys than Childs.

Fourth round picks are good, Chapman is an excellent pick and while Osweiler isn't my favorite QB, we do need a younger guy to develop. I love the Randall and Acho picks, and am glad Wiggs was an UDFA.

Overall, solid draft, but my main problem lies with the amount of picks. I think this draft would be much better for a team that is starting to rebuild, because they need players all over the board, but IMO, we're the exact opposite. We have our QB, our receivers, our linebackers, and defensive linemen. Arguably the secondary as well.

Our only true needs are at guard (only one position really), and then we have needs for the future, being MLB, NT, and S. At tackle, we're set on paper with Gilbert and Colon, and while MLB and NT are also needs, we do have players there, in Timmons and Foote, and Hampton, respectively. We don't have anybody for left guard (Legursky is fine as a backup center, not as a starting guard) and Foster really isn't anything to write home about.

While unlikely, I'd rather trade up for DeCastro, filling up that left guard slot, and then draft Brandon Brooks with our next pick. On paper, our offensive line is then set. Then take a guy like Chapman or Fangupo later on, I'd like Randall too. If we can, squeeze a RB in there.

TBH, I think there will be much better nose tackles next year than this year.

But overall, it was a good mock.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-23-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I guess there might be whispers that Worilds could kick inside.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
So we trade 24 for 32, 4th 5th and 7th?

I'm not too crazy about taking Zeitler in the first, but I like the guy, so the first round is ok, I guess.

Really like the second pick, really dislike the third pick. I think it's way too high for Childs, plus I'm not a big fan of him. I'd have seen if Brian Quick was available, or maybe Dwight Jones or Jeff Fuller, I'm higher on those guys than Childs.

Fourth round picks are good, Chapman is an excellent pick and while Osweiler isn't my favorite QB, we do need a younger guy to develop. I love the Randall and Acho picks, and am glad Wiggs was an UDFA.

Overall, solid draft, but my main problem lies with the amount of picks. I think this draft would be much better for a team that is starting to rebuild, because they need players all over the board, but IMO, we're the exact opposite. We have our QB, our receivers, our linebackers, and defensive linemen. Arguably the secondary as well.

Our only true needs are at guard (only one position really), and then we have needs for the future, being MLB, NT, and S. At tackle, we're set on paper with Gilbert and Colon, and while MLB and NT are also needs, we do have players there, in Timmons and Foote, and Hampton, respectively. We don't have anybody for left guard (Legursky is fine as a backup center, not as a starting guard) and Foster really isn't anything to write home about.

While unlikely, I'd rather trade up for DeCastro, filling up that left guard slot, and then draft Brandon Brooks with our next pick. On paper, our offensive line is then set. Then take a guy like Chapman or Fangupo later on, I'd like Randall too. If we can, squeeze a RB in there.

TBH, I think there will be much better nose tackles next year than this year.

But overall, it was a good mock.
I went in wanting to trade down and get Fleener with the 32nd then Oline the next 2 picks , but San Fran picked him ... so i got my second player on my board... but i traded down 8 slots and got 3 extra picks

i think with massie at the RT we can kick Colon Inside where alot of ppl think he would be best at, as long as he can stay healthy

i was targeting Criner but there was a major run on WR at the end of the 2nd early 3rd,, so i had to get some replacement for wallace just incase ... plus i think childs has plenty of potential he was just fighting injuries last year, but like 6'3 with 4.3-4.4 speed and can catch, and blocks pretty well

and i really think Neiko Thorpe will be a solid safety in the league , used to play corner, played against high lvl of competition in SEC and high lvl of production, 6'1, 4.3-4.4 speed, 40 inch vert.

Last edited by Cbrunn : 04-23-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote