Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ed Bouchette tweeted that the Steelers would have chosen Hightower if DeCastro wasn't there. Good choice. Couldn't go wrong with either of the two IMO.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Ed Bouchette tweeted that the Steelers would have chosen Hightower if DeCastro wasn't there. Good choice. Couldn't go wrong with either of the two IMO.
As much as Hightower grew on me and I liked him, I'd rather have DeCastro, by a long shot right now.

Maybe in a couple of years I'll think differently, but DeCastro is the best interior lineman I've ever seen out of college (since the 07 draft, when I started following it) and his skill set will be absolutely amazing alongside Pouncey.

Hightower would have been great, but now that he is a Patriot hopefully he sucks, haha. Hopefully we somehow manage to land Manti Teo next year or something. Maybe some guy later in the draft.

Right now, even with DeCastro, I want another lineman. The thought of fixing this ***** up once and for all is way too alluring. We've (hopefully) found our LT, and already had our C. Now we have a guard. Add another guard and a healthy Colon, and we could have a firm, variable-less line for three, four years.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, the DeCastro pick:

"The Immaculate Selection"

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
As much as Hightower grew on me and I liked him, I'd rather have DeCastro, by a long shot right now.

Maybe in a couple of years I'll think differently, but DeCastro is the best interior lineman I've ever seen out of college (since the 07 draft, when I started following it) and his skill set will be absolutely amazing alongside Pouncey.

Hightower would have been great, but now that he is a Patriot hopefully he sucks, haha. Hopefully we somehow manage to land Manti Teo next year or something. Maybe some guy later in the draft.

Right now, even with DeCastro, I want another lineman. The thought of fixing this ***** up once and for all is way too alluring. We've (hopefully) found our LT, and already had our C. Now we have a guard. Add another guard and a healthy Colon, and we could have a firm, variable-less line for three, four years.
Or we could have another guard in Colon and draft a RT like Massie and Adams if they fall to the second round.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so whos gonna fall to us in round 2 that we snatch up?

branch? kendryicks?

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Some nice tweets I saw about DeCastro. Makes me love him even more.

Stanford coach David Shaw joked that the quiet DeCastro “arrived in a bad mood” and had not changed. #steelers

Don't expect many wordy interviews from DeCastro. He speaks when something needs to be said. #steelers
Old 04-27-2012, 01:12 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* awesome

i wonder why we didnt trade up for him? did we feel like after 17 we could get him? did we not care?

at like 20 we had so many options tht were good... idk

Old 04-27-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Kendricks doesn't last I wouldn't mind Ta'amu
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They probably didn't trade up cause there was so many players we could have taken left on the board. Probably made some calls and never got a cheap enough price because we were not desperate really.

I'd love to trade up and get Glenn. I still don't want Adams in the 2nd. I didn't want him in the first cause I don't think he's going to be a good player so I still don't want him to be a Steeler in the 2nd.

Draft another guard and resign Starks and you've got yourself a line.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was WASTED last night.....im so happy, this was a best case scenerio. game changer people, an absolute game changer

ive had a draft erection for the last 10 hours
Old 04-27-2012, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I don't even know who I want in the second tonight. There are so many good prospects left that I'd be happy with two handful of players.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im pretty sure im incapable of being pissed off with the second pick. they can try but decastro makes me feel better already
Old 04-27-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah somebody will fall and that's who they'll take ... we will get a great player in the second that's indeed ... i'm hoping Oline

Darkhorse could be Casey Hayward, CB, Vandy ... i think fits in the system great and makes splash plays ... i know DB isn't really a need but the Value could be there
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

id be so happy with mike adams or bobby massie.

I am going to say they reach for pead, but i would also like Brooks, Silatolu, Hayward, Kendricks....i dont know lol
Old 04-27-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if they reach for Pead, that will make me upset ...because looking at the board there will just be so many more good players then to reach for a 3rd down back/change of pace
Old 04-27-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i was WASTED last night.....im so happy, this was a best case scenerio. game changer people, an absolute game changer

ive had a draft erection for the last 10 hours
May want to call a doctor ... or every girl in your contacts haha
DeeboHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

imagine a trade up for glenn....glenn and decastro on the sides of pouncey. jesus lol
Old 04-27-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
imagine a trade up for glenn....glenn and decastro on the sides of pouncey. jesus lol
I was talking to my cousin about that last night ... he said he wanted the kid from Georgia ... i said i would be all for trading our 2nd 3rd and 4th or something like that to move up and get Him
Old 04-27-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i honestly dont know who i want more between glenn, adams, fleener, taamu, stephen hill, massie, silatolu
Old 04-27-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

i can just picture Decastro and Glenn battling Ngta on the inside twice a year ...

ahhh what a division
Old 04-27-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

meanwhile pouncey is 50 yards down field blocking everything in sight ha
Old 04-27-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

and DeCastro buried T-Suggs on a pull
Old 04-27-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Based on what teams are giving up to move up i think if Massie and/or Glenn is available at 40 I think all it would take is our 4th rounder to go up and get them.

That being said I would be ecstatic to just sit back and take whoever we prefer/whoever lasts between Kendricks and Ta'Amu
Old 04-27-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

i say we just walk up to the podium, say 'we got decastro.. no need to draft anyone else' drop the mic and walk off stage

Old 04-27-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
sgtrobo
Rookie

sgtrobo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Don't want Glenn. He's a much better RT than OG. Poor lateral and short range quicks.

Hate the Kendricks pick, god forbid.

would like to see us end up with someone who has LT potential like Massie or Adams, if the FO thinks that Adams isn't as much of a moron as he portrays himself to be.

otehrwise, get Wagner for ILB, or wait on James-Michael Johnson later. I'd be all for grabbing Brandon Brooks if he's available, although I think the pick of DeCastro really opens up our draft board. Now that so many teams have reached for pass rushers and WRs, perhaps one of those 2 fall to us? Vinny Curry maybe?
sgtrobo is offline   Reply With Quote