Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:43 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrunn View Post
I would love if some how we came away with a trade down with 49ers and got both their 3rds (almost perfect on value chart) and draft went like this

Sort of a Dream Scenario for me

1 - WR Justin Hunter (AJ Green type potential , let plax coach him up)
2 - FS David Amerson (play maker and verstile)
3 - SS Phillip Thomas (play maker and can play either S position)
3 - TE Travis Kelce (Steelers type of TE , can block and catch)
3 - ILB Jon Bostic (could be a beast besides Timmons)
4 - RB Le'Veon Bell (they seem to like him)
5 - OLB Chase Thomas (Good value , depth at pass rusher , potential starter)
6 - QB Zach Dysert (they will pick 1 this year, when is the question?)
6 - G Omoregie Uzzi (Zone Blocking guard)
7 - ILB Brandon Hepburn (back up for Timmons)
i'd be on board with this - like dysert, bostic and thomas.. and obviously hunter

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
I'm pretty sure they won't draft an OLB in the first this year, they didn't draft Worilds in the 2nd not to give him a chance to start. If there was an elite prospect at 17 they might think about it, but we have way too many needs to make a luxury pick imo.

I would list our needs as;

WR
ILB
RB
S
TE
O-Line Depth
QB depth
yeah i really think, for better or worse, we're going with worilds... tomlin loves him

Old 04-08-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

taking jones, mingo, or jordan if any are there isnt a luxury, its a slam dunk.

Id imagine patterson and rhodes are two that would get heavy consideration. I personall am a huge fan of Amerson in the second....so id be ok with Jones, Mingo, Jordan, Patterson, Cooper, Warmack, Elam, Hunter in 1 and Amerson in 2
Old 04-08-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I for one do not want a CB in the first, I'm happy rolling with Ike, Cortez, Brown, Gai and one of VanDyke, Victorian or King (preferably VanDyke). I'm not really sure I want a CB at all in this draft, I would be happy with Amerson but he is a pure DB, he could play anywhere.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another one to look out for is Duke Williams from Nevada, safety that covers like a corner.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amerson could easily play CB for us and is probably a FS for any team, including us
Old 04-08-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If a stud CB is there in the second-fourth rounds, I hope they take them. I really like Will Davis.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Another one to look out for is Duke Williams from Nevada, safety that covers like a corner.
you should be happy then - he confirmed today he has a pre draft visit with us

Old 04-08-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We had a private work out with LBell!
I'm starting to think we need to take him in the 3rd, if they really want him?

I'm also getting concerned about some of the other teams needs! Panthers need an ILB, 9ers need Safety, Cards need everything. A few teams picking before us have similar needs, i m kinda hoping for a tarde down in the 1st to get more 3rd rounders?
Old 04-08-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

team is missing impact players, not camp bodies and role players....a bunch of 3rd rounders is not what we need....extra first or seconds is more what they should be looking for...like trading up in the 2nd and having 2 seconds and trying to land players like elam, okafor, lemonier, amerson, hunter, woods, lacy...ect
Old 04-08-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rolando McClain went unclaimed in waivers, I'd like to get him. With his issues and iur lack of depth, a cheap contract for a year seems like a good deal for both parties.

Also, I'm really liking the list of guys we're bringing in. And I agree about Bell, I want him in the third.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Tomlin loved mcclain out of bama, id toss him a 3 year deal before the ravens do
Old 04-08-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
team is missing impact players, not camp bodies and role players....a bunch of 3rd rounders is not what we need....extra first or seconds is more what they should be looking for...like trading up in the 2nd and having 2 seconds and trying to land players like elam, okafor, lemonier, amerson, hunter, woods, lacy...ect

I was just thinking that it seems there's a good crop of players in the 3rd that could make a difference for us. But I would have no problem with tryn to get more 2nds!
Old 04-08-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With all the offseason junk the team has gone through, I see no way McClain is brought in.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I hope some of these defenders that play the game pissed off are ours. Some players who I want baaaaaaad:

Shamarko Thomas
Rontez Miles
John Simon
Mike Mauti
DJ Swearinger
Old 04-08-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Jarvis Jones an option or is he not big enough for them?
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I can see them taking him. The question is do they. I just mocked Jones to the Steelers, but I honestly see a WR or Vaccaro at 17.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I hope some of these defenders that play the game pissed off are ours. Some players who I want baaaaaaad:

Shamarko Thomas
Rontez Miles
John Simon
Mike Mauti
DJ Swearinger
I love shamarko, would prefer elam though. I dont get the John Simon love everywhere....i think hes a probable pick, i just hope not too high
Old 04-08-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

Top 3 guys you want at each, WR, RB and ILB?:

Heres my list:

WR: CPatterson
JHunter
TWilliams

RB: LBell
ELacy
Knile Davis

ILB: ABrown
KGreene
KAlonso
Old 04-08-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSteeler View Post
Top 3 guys you want at each, WR, RB and ILB?:

Heres my list:

WR: CPatterson
JHunter
TWilliams

RB: LBell
ELacy
Knile Davis

ILB: ABrown
KGreene
KAlonso
Patterson
Hunter
Hopkins

wouldnt be thrilled with Tavon Austin and Keenan Allen runs tomorrow so that will be interesting

Lattimore
Bernard
Franklin

Not a huge fan of lacy or bell

Arthur Brown
Manti Teo
K Greene
Old 04-09-2013, 05:25 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quote:
Patterson
Hunter
Hopkins

wouldnt be thrilled with Tavon Austin and Keenan Allen runs tomorrow so that will be interesting

Lattimore
Bernard
Franklin

Not a huge fan of lacy or bell

Arthur Brown
Manti Te'o
K Greene
Nice list, don't think I'd be able to narrow the WRs down to 3 though, so many I like in this draft. Really starting to love Hopkins, will be a very good Reciever imo. Roddy White clone.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:03 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Abit of a different mock:

1: Cordarelle Patterson - WR
2: Margus Hunt - DE
3: Brian Schwenke - OG/C
4: Marcus Lattimore - RB
5: Josh Boyce - WR
6: Nuke Williams - DB
6: Dion Sims - TE
7: Michael Mauti - ILB

PUP/ IR Lattimore + Mauti

Sign Ahmad Bradshaw + Rolando McClain
Old 04-09-2013, 07:43 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Abit of a different mock:

1: Cordarelle Patterson - WR
2: Margus Hunt - DE
3: Brian Schwenke - OG/C
4: Marcus Lattimore - RB
5: Josh Boyce - WR
6: Nuke Williams - DB
6: Dion Sims - TE
7: Michael Mauti - ILB

PUP/ IR Lattimore + Mauti

Sign Ahmad Bradshaw + Rolando McClain
the is pretty perfect if you ask me. Plan on moving pouncey to LG?
Old 04-09-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quote:
the is pretty perfect if you ask me. Plan on moving pouncey to LG?
I'm not sure, I think he would be just as good at guard than at center, but I would be reluctant to move an elite player from their current position. I would rather give Schwenke a year behind Ramon and then take over at LG. Pouncey is a good leader and good at line calls, I don't think it would be worth losing those skills. Schwenke would slide over to center and foster would step in at LG in the event of Pounce getting his ankles rolled up on.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

so allen ran a 4.7?

barf. at least he may be there in the 2nd now