Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They don't have the cap space to tag him. They HAD to tender him.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm a team like the 49ers, Patriots, Ravens etc.. this is a no brainer. Get a legit #1 target who can stretch the field for a late first? Yes please.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
But last year FA happened after the draft....
What does that affect?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
If Wallace goes, (and it pains me to say this) i hope he lands with the Pats. I would love to see Wallace continue catching bombs and having a top-tier career. If he stays in Pittsburgh, or goes to NE, that will happen. If he lands with the 49ers, he will fade into mediocrity pretty fast.
I forgot to mention...if he did land in NE, i would never want the Steelers to play them...and i would only be cool with it if the Pats never won the superbowl again XD
Old 03-01-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too Bad Mike Brown is too dumb to make this deal.

AJ Green, Mike Wallace, Jordan Shipley, and Jermaine Gresham would be amazing.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if it's less than ten million a year wouldnt a team just have to guarantee him more money this year than the steelers could give? That was the point of the front loaded contract, dicking over the steelers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
What does that affect?
I don't know.

You're saying a team could have signed VJax to an offer sheet, giving up their 2012 1st-round pick last July? Why did it have to be 10-11 million? Isn't an offer sheet an original offer? I'm just trying to understand the situation.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually assuming (at this point, you can infer whatever you want about that) that he will be a Bengal. It makes way way way too much sense.

They are giving up a lower pick (their pick from Oakland is higher) to get a talent for their team that their QB would love to have. Their offense could be dynamic with him.

If I were a Steelers fan, I'd rather have NE get him than Cincy.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know.

You're saying a team could have signed VJax to an offer sheet, giving up their 2012 1st-round pick last July? Why did it have to be 10-11 million? Isn't an offer sheet an original offer? I'm just trying to understand the situation.
VJax got the franchise tag last year, you asked for a cap number for it. It is 10-11 million.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a 49ers fan, I would LOVE Wallace for our 30th overall draft pick. Niners could let Rogers walk and whatever money would go to him could go to Wallace. If it was me personally, I would offer Wallace a 5 year $50m deal with at least $20m guaranteed and heavily front loaded so the Steelers cant match and because its a smarter decision for the team. Granted, the price is steep but 49ers management are morons if they dont at least look at that possibility because he's younger than Colston, V. Jax, Bowe and is better than D. Jax, Garcon, Manningham and Meachem. Wallace also provides the offense with their number one need...a speed receiver on the outside who's a deep threat. Of course, I dont see that happening.

One team that could become a Super Bowl contender with two moves alone would be the Bengals. If they can trade their two first round draft picks to PIT and HOU for WR Mike Wallace and RB Arian Foster, along with Green and Gresham, Dalton would have plenty of weapons and with that solid defense. All they would need is to improve their OL. With $60m in cap room and the salary cap expected to go up to $150m in 2013, if I was running Cincy, I would go after both of them plus Nicks and/or Grubbs if they hit UFA FA.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
One team that could become a Super Bowl contender with two moves alone would be the Bengals. If they can trade their two first round draft picks to PIT and HOU for WR Mike Wallace and RB Arian Foster, along with Green and Gresham, Dalton would have plenty of weapons and with that solid defense. All they would need is to improve their OL. With $60m in cap room and the salary cap expected to go up to $150m in 2013, if I was running Cincy, I would go after both of them plus Nicks and/or Grubbs if they hit UFA FA.
That would be insane. But there's just no way Brown goes on a wild spending spree like that.

Tolbert is the RB it think will land in Cinci. He'd be a solid add there without breaking the bank or losing a draft pick.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wouldn't be a poison pill exactly, but couldn't any given team with a ton of cap space front load this contract and make it difficult for the Steelers this year?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schefter said if you give him a 20 million dollar roster bonus then the Steelers would be screwed. He also said Ravens will be in the mix. Smith and Wallace going deep would be un real plus taking a steelers fan favorite would be a good kick in the balls to Pitt. To bad we dont have the cap to do it.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Schefter said if you give him a 20 million dollar roster bonus then the Steelers would be screwed. He also said Ravens will be in the mix. Smith and Wallace going deep would be un real. TOo bad we dont have the cap to do it.
Yeah that's what I'm saying. One of these teams with 30+ million in cap room can give him a ton of money this year and then ease the cap hit as the contract goes on. Teams don't normally do that because most are up against the ceiling but we have a very large number of teams with abnormal cap room.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Schefter said if you give him a 20 million dollar roster bonus then the Steelers would be screwed. He also said Ravens will be in the mix. Smith and Wallace going deep would be un real plus taking a steelers fan favorite would be a good kick in the balls to Pitt. To bad we dont have the cap to do it.
Yeah, we're not going to have enough cap room to offer Wallace a big enough bonus in the first year to lure him away from anybody. If we cut Foxworth and Evans and tender all of our EFA and RFA accordingly we're left with about $15 million in cap space (that projection is if the cap is set at $123 million). That's before we tag Rice. Wallace won't be a Raven next season.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can cut Ed Reed, I saw some idiot journalist suggest that the other day.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that would free up $7.2 million, but it's highly unlikely to happen. Would that idiot journalist happen to be Mike Preston?
Old 03-01-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

no someone from WNST I forget his name
Old 03-01-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers just made another money-saving move, parting ways with Aaron Smith.

The 49ers have the room to make an offer. Clearly the Ravens don't. What about the Browns, Bengals, Bears, and Patriots?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Steelers will be hoping someone like the Eagles, Bengals or Bears go in for him. They wouldn't like to lose Wallace for a late first round pick lol.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

The Browns would have to give up the 4th pick, that doesn't seem likely.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

The Pats and Bengals make the most sense because they have later picks and have 2 first rounds picks. Plus the Bengals have a TON of cap space. And I have to think the Pats have some space as well. Especially if they cut Light.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bengals would be pretty awesome with Wallace and Green! And then try and trade up for Richardson and you have the best supporting cast a quarterback would want.

Mike Brown needs to make this happen!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Ravens are licking there chops right now for March 13th.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
The Bengals would be pretty awesome with Wallace and Green! And then try and trade up for Richardson and you have the best supporting cast a quarterback would want.

Mike Brown needs to make this happen!
Well if they got Wallace, they'd have no ammo to move up for Richardson.