Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
We can cut Ed Reed, I saw some idiot journalist suggest that the other day.
Sounds like a great plan...

Is a fan of a team that needs a free safety.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Well if they got Wallace, they'd have no ammo to move up for Richardson.
What like the 17th pick?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
What like the 17th pick?
Yeah but what else would they give up? They'd have to trade their entire remaining draft basically.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah but what else would they give up? They'd have to trade their entire remaining draft basically.
Hahaha why?

Moving up 10 picks will probably cost you a future 1st and a 3rd and 4th or something. Not really a whole draft.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-01-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we're trying to clear up more cap space to sign him long term.

Also, OG Chris Kemoeatu was released right now. Today's cuts save the Steelers about $8 million more.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post

Also, OG Chris Kemoeatu was released right now. Today's cuts save the Steelers about $8 million more.
I think it's time to admit the Steelers are about to enter rebuilding mode, especially on defense.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I think it's time to admit the Steelers are about to enter rebuilding mode, especially on defense.
Oh, absolutely. But it won't be as long and arduous a process as some people think, IMO. Almost half of the pieces are already there. We're a young NT from having the D-Line (Ziggy Hood and Cameron Heyward), one ILB from having the LB corps (LaMarr Woodley, Lawrence Timmons, and Jason Worilds), we've got three young CBs who've yet to be good or suck (Curtis Brown, Cortez Allen, and Keenan Lewis, though Keenan Lewis has been solid), and we do need safeties. Ryan Mundy is there, but I'm not sure the team views him as a long term answer.

So if we get a good NT and ILB this year, we'll be in pretty good shape. Of course, everything is always easier said than done, so we'll see how things ultimately play out.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Hahaha why?

Moving up 10 picks will probably cost you a future 1st and a 3rd and 4th or something. Not really a whole draft.
Well if you are giving up a future first then yes. I didn't consider that. But I wouldn't give up future picks for a RB.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well if you are giving up a future first then yes. I didn't consider that. But I wouldn't give up future picks for a RB.
If they did get Wallace and Richardson they wouldnt be picking early so it wont matter.

What did Jacksonville give up last year to get Gabbert? It would be a similar trade to that.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-01-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
We can cut Ed Reed, I saw some idiot journalist suggest that the other day.
If that were to happen BB would have an orgasm powerful enough to shake the east coast, even if Ed is past his prime.

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post

So maybe they'll end up franchising him anyway? Why would Schefter report that they were tendering him?

If they save enough to sign him long-term, why wouldn't they franchise him? So they have the felxibility to do other things rather than having $10 milion invested in the cap because of the tag?
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you can cross the Bengals off the list. IIRC reading, a Bengals beat writer said that Mike Brown wasn't interested in making that type of move. Could it be smokescreen? Absolutely.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I Pats already have done a trade like this for Wes. So to me they're in the lead. But if I'm the 49ers... I do in a heartbeat.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Rookie

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Houston has the salary cap space, which if I am correct they might not especially if they plan on bringing Mario back, they seem to be the best suited team to give up a 1st for him. They probably have the fewest holes of the potential landing spots. If they can't, then New England has to be considered the favorites given the two picks, but San Francisco would seem likely to be in the mix as well.
Taber21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I think you can cross the Bengals off the list. IIRC reading, a Bengals beat writer said that Mike Brown wasn't interested in making that type of move. Could it be smokescreen? Absolutely.
Mikey also wasn't going to give in to Carson Palmer's trade demands.

I'd be shocked if we did it but you'd have to think we're one of the more likely teams to make a significant offer with our cap space/extra picks plus Jerome's legal situation as well as the injury history of Jordan Shipley.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Mikey also wasn't going to give in to Carson Palmer's trade demands.

I'd be shocked if we did it but you'd have to think we're one of the more likely teams to make a significant offer with our cap space/extra picks plus Jerome's legal situation as well as the injury history of Jordan Shipley.
He also didn't know that there was some idiot wanting to trade Carson Palmer for 2 1st rounders or a 1st and 2nd.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Bengals beat writters also have said Mike Brown would never deal Carson and Mike Brown would never take a TE in the 1st Round.

The fact that the Bengals are starting to hire more scouts and making changes in the personal department makes me question even if Mike is still in charge. Seems like his daughter is taking over.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wish the Giants had the money to get this guy to replace Mario. My bet is he goes to NE or Cincy

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll still be quite shocked if the Steelers don't retain Wallace, I'm guessing they get it done but there are going to be some big name cuts on the team.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see it now

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J255979-11nine View Post
If that were to happen BB would have an orgasm powerful enough to shake the east coast, even if Ed is past his prime.
Yeah there has never been a bigger man crush of a coach with an opposing player then BB on Reed. It was funny cause they zoomed in on Bradys sweatband and he wrote "Know where 20 is" on his wrist band
Old 03-02-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Pats and Bengals make the most sense because they have later picks and have 2 first rounds picks. Plus the Bengals have a TON of cap space. And I have to think the Pats have some space as well. Especially if they cut Light.
The Pats could pull it off pretty easily, I think. Light and Waters have both mentioned retirement as a realisitic possibility this year (though I don't think Waters is even under contract?) and cutting Ocho is an easy choice.

I still think it's a pipe dream. But BB has to see how ugly our passing attack was with zero WR's able to get open and make an impact down the stretch.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
The Pats could pull it off pretty easily, I think. Light and Waters have both mentioned retirement as a realisitic possibility this year (though I don't think Waters is even under contract?) and cutting Ocho is an easy choice.

I still think it's a pipe dream. But BB has to see how ugly our passing attack was with zero WR's able to get open and make an impact down the stretch.
Just that one player would fix your offense, not that it's really broken anyway. You could literally get him, and just focus all other resources on the defense. And maybe a O-lineman somewhere.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:40 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just that one player would fix your offense, not that it's really broken anyway. You could literally get him, and just focus all other resources on the defense. And maybe a O-lineman somewhere.
100% right. It seems so obvious . . . which is why it won't happen.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Th30ry
Rookie

Th30ry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Send him to Cleveland for the first round pick they got from Atlanta and let them move up what they need to to get RG3, then have a freaking field day out there with that offense. That's what I want to see. Screw the Patriots, I'm sick of them, I wanna see some fresh blood have some success and I feel bad for the Browns fans, let them have some more glory days like they used to!
Th30ry is offline   Reply With Quote