Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Graham is pretty good as a redzone threat, also. I always wondered why the Patriots never went to him more often there. Granted they play with a number of TEs, or hybrid FBs in some cases, and have had a strong running game (overall) in the last few years.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TE's are supposed to be good redzone threats. It's basically part of their job description. Any NFL TE should be a good redzone threat. Graham has the skills to be a second tier starting TE. He is better than what the Pats used him for, and he is also better than what the Broncos will use him for.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Graham is pretty good as a redzone threat, also. I always wondered why the Patriots never went to him more often there.
[sarcasm]
Why throw it to a TE when you've got a perfectly good LB wasting away on the bench? Clearly, giving Vrabel his offensive touches is far and away the top priority for the team.
[/sarcasm]
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Diehard, kudos on the spite and sarcasm. I like it!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-28-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There go the chances of him becoming a Saint. Not that actually wanted to trade for him anyhow.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Thanks to njx for correcting me. Edit: The Broncos weren't going to give up 2 contributing players and a 5th rounder for Bly only to let him go elsewhere.

Last edited by bsaza2358 : 03-28-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Since when does talent = importance? Wilson is still quite skilled, enough to be top half of current MLB. However, he is to his defense like Ray Lewis is to Baltimore... that leadership alone makes him vastly important.
exactly. baltimore would be a much worse defense with out his leadership. he pushs players who could be average into the very good category. he makes them give 100% other wise he'll get on them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If he chooses, I think Ray Lewis will be a tremendous coach in the future.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I will edit. They gave up 2 contributors/starters and a pick for a player. My mistake.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I will edit. They gave up 2 contributors/starters and a pick for a player. My mistake.
Here I will edit it for you also

They gave up 2 players who were going to be cut and a 5th pick for a player
Old 03-28-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I give up!

Old 03-28-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm sure the Broncos could deal Champ back to the Redskins for the #6 pick, next year's #1, and a conditional nipple from Dan Snyder's wife...

Old 03-28-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

dre bly was so good before detroit

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
3projectPAT6
Rookie

3projectPAT6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

this upsets me. Dre Bly is 100% about his money. he doesnt care about denver, i am not even sure he cares about football other then the massive pay checks. I am sure he'll be productive here but he could careless about his team. Yet, denver gives him a HUGE contract and then is gonna cut Al wilson, a true bronco.

The only positive i see out of this whole ordeal is DJ is probably gonna be moved to the middle which excites me. as wilson has sayed when DJ wasnt getting much time the past few seasons "He has more talent then any linebacker ive ever seen, but its just not his time yet. and when its his time he'll have the oppurtunity to become one of the greats" or something like that. Having a young DJ on the field every down could be more productive then an ageing wilson. if we pick up a suitable OLB in the draft (rufus alexander, earl everett, or a typical speedy undersized backer later in the draft) wilsons loss isnt as huge. Lynch and champ can take over the leadership roles with DJ being groomed to be the next wilson.

Sig byDLS42
3projectPAT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

He was overpaid and they need to keep Wilson and not Bly.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3projectPAT6 View Post
this upsets me. Dre Bly is 100% about his money. he doesnt care about denver, i am not even sure he cares about football other then the massive pay checks. I am sure he'll be productive here but he could careless about his team. Yet, denver gives him a HUGE contract and then is gonna cut Al wilson, a true bronco.

The only positive i see out of this whole ordeal is DJ is probably gonna be moved to the middle which excites me. as wilson has sayed when DJ wasnt getting much time the past few seasons "He has more talent then any linebacker ive ever seen, but its just not his time yet. and when its his time he'll have the oppurtunity to become one of the greats" or something like that. Having a young DJ on the field every down could be more productive then an ageing wilson. if we pick up a suitable OLB in the draft (rufus alexander, earl everett, or a typical speedy undersized backer later in the draft) wilsons loss isnt as huge. Lynch and champ can take over the leadership roles with DJ being groomed to be the next wilson.
A selfish player?! Never heard of that..
Old 03-28-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if we pick up a suitable OLB in the draft (rufus alexander, earl everett, or a typical speedy undersized backer later in the draft) wilsons loss isnt as huge.
We need an undersized LB? No way. We need a strongside backer. DJ should've been a replacement for Gold on the weakside, but instead has spent far too much on the strong side where his talents are not fully utilized. Get someone big, strong and fast who can match up with TE's and take on blockers in the running game. Good blitzing skills would be a nice asset as well.

Anyway, I'm glad the situation with Bly is resolved. Now, if we could only convince Shanny to make improving the pass rush his #1 priority in the draft...
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

Quote:

Exactly. You have to look at this side, because it's obvious Wilson was not in the plans for 07, his name was whispered all around the league in trades, he fails a physical and now he will likely be cut. There's nothing we can do but move on and hopefully find another leader for our front-7. I'm confident DJ can play like Wilson, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the personality to act like an Al Wilson. Williams has been a farily quite guy, let's hope he developed some leadership skills under Al.

And as a side note to the draft, I think we need a good coverage backer to replace DJ on the strongside. Maybe Stewart Bradley?
Old 03-28-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i have no idea if you're serious, because that's flawed. i don't want him to take a pay cut, i want them to stop throwing money, pacman style, at daniel fricking graham and keep players we need.
Even the Broncos front office makes it rain
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boy, and to think I thought he was overpayed in Detroit . . .
Old 03-28-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
broncs2bowl

Wow Al Wilson will most likely NOT be traded. Detroit doesnt want him, Giants failed him and Phily traded for Spikes. No one wants Wilson anymore and he wil l probably stay with us. It has also been mentioned(from an unknown teammate) that Big Al wants to stay in Denver.

He will likely start next year but he will have his contract restructured. TRUST ME this will be a big blessing in disguise. He always plays even when he is hurt and he will be great next year too. (We probs will still pick up a LB on the first day to give an insurance policy and future)
Old 03-28-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
3projectPAT6
Rookie

3projectPAT6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

you think wilson would restructure? cause this would be the best case senario we would have one of the best Defences in the league. My guess is hes gonna refuse to restructure and get cut, and then the lions or some other team picks him up.

i cant imagine NO ONE wants al wilson. He can get a job somewhere if realeased.

Sig byDLS42
3projectPAT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't know why they don't let Dominique Foxworth get his chance. Good deal though, but I can't understand why they shell out all this money with Wilson a potential cap casualty in the future.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
foxy will likely stay at S
I've actually heard the opposite. I heard he's back fully as a corner and will be the nickel.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hopefully patrick willis is available at 21. sigh
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote