Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Which RB is better?
Lamar Miller 53 76.81%
David Wilson 16 23.19%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I think Ryan Williams is much much better than David Wilson and he went in the second.
I hope he comes back 100% and balls out for the Cardinals.

Williams is a hell of a talent. The injuries during his sophomore year hurt his draft stock and his HWS ratio isn't anything special. But you won't find a better year from a RB than his redshirt freshman year in 2009.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are seeing differing opinions on NFL Network.

Charley Casserly loves Miller as a 1 st round talent.

Mayock loves Doug Martin.

Davis loves Wilson.

It is going to come down to which one a team falls in love with and what they are looking for in a RB.

Personally, I love LaMichael James, not that it means a whole lot.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys have made this a freaking coinflip (not based on the poll but based on comments) in my fantasy league as I think both will be there when I pick. Good job. I'll pick wrong as I always do with RBs and then we will know who is actually better.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
You guys have made this a freaking coinflip (not based on the poll but based on comments) in my fantasy league as I think both will be there when I pick. Good job. I'll pick wrong as I always do with RBs and then we will know who is actually better.
Miller dude. Take the homerun threat.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I am leaning that way but it really depends where they go. If Wilson goes to Cincy, he looks like an instant starter.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#21 Overall selection Cincinnati Bengals Lamar Miller, RB, Miami (FL)
#22 Overall selection Cleveland Browns David Wilson, RB Virginia Tech

BOOK IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Last edited by shylo3716 : 03-14-2012 at 06:45 PM.
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Wilson is a homerun threat as well... that's definitely not his issue.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Miller/Martin/Wilson group will likely come down to how they fit into the system they are asked to play in to determine who will be the most successful.

Cyrus Gray might have a better NFL skill set than all of them.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
87Canes
Rookie

87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Miller was very well coached and was always fundamentally sound. Wilson looks like a very fast kick returner who they converted to RB in college.

Even if I wasn't a die hard Cane, I'd still pick Miller. He reminds me of Clinton Portis with less swagger LOL
87Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
87Canes
Rookie

87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathman View Post
I think the Miller/Martin/Wilson group will likely come down to how they fit into the system they are asked to play in to determine who will be the most successful.

Which is? I don't see what skill set you're talking about...
87Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Canes View Post
Primarily, it's his pass-catching. He's a far better receiver than most ranked above him and in today's passing NFL, that skill is more important than it's ever been.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
I wouldn't bother putting together fantasy rankings for players without knowing where they end up. The same running back would put up very different numbers if they were drafted by, say, Cleveland (who needs to run the ball), Green Bay (who doesn't care to run the ball), and Carolina (who has more running threats than there are balls).

Do the fantasy stuff after the draft, if you can. Draft whichever guy ends up in the best situation.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I wouldn't bother putting together fantasy rankings for players without knowing where they end up. The same running back would put up very different numbers if they were drafted by, say, Cleveland (who needs to run the ball), Green Bay (who doesn't care to run the ball), and Carolina (who has more running threats than there are balls).

Do the fantasy stuff after the draft, if you can. Draft whichever guy ends up in the best situation.
I disagree. In my opinion, you need to tier your players now while you are comparing apples to apples. Once players are drafted and you try to measure how their skill set fits into the offensive system they will be playing in, then you can adjust players to be in order within those tiers you create now.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Canes View Post
Cyrus Gray looks like he can be a solid RB if he lands in a good situation, but I don't see anything special.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I disagree. In my opinion, you need to tier your players now while you are comparing apples to apples. Once players are drafted and you try to measure how their skill set fits into the offensive system they will be playing in, then you can adjust players to be in order within those tiers you create now.
Clearly, however, Wilson and Miller are the same tier of running back. Which one is better on a purely theoretical team is entirely academic and not really useful.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
Clearly, however, Wilson and Miller are the same tier of running back. Which one is better on a purely theoretical team is entirely academic and not really useful.
Agreed. Again, no point going beyond tiers at this point even though it's fun to do so.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Cyrus Gray reminds me a lot of Glen Coffee, just a slightly smaller version.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote