Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-05-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Free agent outlook

I was kicking around some ideas in my head as to who the Chiefs should pursue. The big three that come to mind are Carl Nicks, Paul Soliai, and Peyton Manning.

Who are some of the "under the radar" type FAs that could further improve this team? I think looking at Vernon Carey to fill that RT spot could be worthwhile.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I was kicking around some ideas in my head as to who the Chiefs should pursue. The big three that come to mind are Carl Nicks, Paul Soliai, and Peyton Manning.

Who are some of the "under the radar" type FAs that could further improve this team? I think looking at Vernon Carey to fill that RT spot could be worthwhile.
No to Carl Nicks. No guard deserves that much coin for the position.

Lots of guys we could get though. James Sanders, Shaun Rogers, Vernon Carey (I want him the most) and Chad Henne of course.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon Carey is toast.

If you're looking for a good run-stuffing nose, Brodrick Bunkley will make a lot of sense.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Collins is a KU kid who could man the RT spot.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon Carey is not a good player anymore
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
No to Carl Nicks. No guard deserves that much coin for the position.
I wouldn't say he doesn't deserve it, but would say it's unlikely the Chiefs would be willing to pay him that kinda money.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me a FA TE is a must and the one's I would take a shot on are Shiancoe or Bennett.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Lilja needs to hurry up, call his boy Peyton and tell him how amazing Kansas City is.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:13 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

could care less about any other free agent's...BRING ME MANNING PIOLI
Old 03-08-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Lilja and Berry need to fly down to Miami and kidnap him until he signs a contract here.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me too, I'm on the Manning Express man. I think our only legit competition is Arizona. Same positives as us(weak division,star WR, mediocore line) but I'd be willing to name my next three children after him should he come to KC(hell boy or girl I'm fine right?). I don't know why Miami thinks they have a shot at manning. No way he plays against Tom Brady for a playoff spot.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBam View Post
To me a FA TE is a must and the one's I would take a shot on are Shiancoe or Bennett.
Because Moe can't stay healthy? Or what? I wasn't that impressed with Shiancoe this year..I always thought Pope was a good blocking TE.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
Vernon Carey is toast.

If you're looking for a good run-stuffing nose, Brodrick Bunkley will make a lot of sense.
I'm hoping Paul Solai comes to KC. I figured Denver was on Bunkley like herpes on a raider cheerleader.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Soliai makes a lot of sense for us, and for him. We have the money and we have a big need at NT. I'm still curious what this franchise thinks about Powe, but I'm not super hopeful. It isn't every year you find a legitimate starter in the 6th round.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Soliai makes a lot of sense for us, and for him. We have the money and we have a big need at NT. I'm still curious what this franchise thinks about Powe, but I'm not super hopeful. It isn't every year you find a legitimate starter in the 6th round.
Yeah, pretty unlikely, like you said earlier in a previous post "There's a reason why he was drafted in the sixth round" It might be that learning disabilitiy. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to play nose tackle, just someone who doesn't have trouble discerning the numbers and letters....I know I brought up the manning question earlier, but it pisses me off as to why people think he won't go to KC. In my opinion(a bit biased) but we'd be legit SB contenders with him and our defense. Hell, we could even stick Powe in the middle, let people run over us and still keep up with scoring ala KC in the vermiel years.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

RT @brandonspano: BREAKING: Source says #Chiefs were ONLY team to offer completed contract to Peyton Manning today. Says KC most prepared

Old 03-09-2012, 02:06 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm all in on a Peyton led Chiefs team. It's awesome to hear that Pioli is serious about it. At minimum it lets Peyton know how much we want and need him here. Come make us a Super Bowl contender, Peyton. You will never be a bigger hero anywhere than you would be in KC if you brought us a Lombardi Trophy. Just thinking about it makes me smile
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of national radio guys are saying Denver and the Chiefs are the most likely destinations for Manning. If he goes with the Donks I will have to burn Denver to the ground.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
A lot of national radio guys are saying Denver and the Chiefs are the most likely destinations for Manning. If he goes with the Donks I will have to burn Denver to the ground.
I'll help you.Manning, Charles,Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin, Moeaki, a young emerging defense.heck if Manning comes here this could be the best defense he's ever played with
Old 03-09-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RT: Levi Brown, Anthony Collins, Kareem McKenzie, Max Starks
NT: Sione Pouha, Paul Soliai, Aubrayo Franklin, Red Bryant
ILB: Bradie James, Dan Connor, Bobby Carpenter, Philip Wheeler, EJ Henderson
OG: Ben Grubbs, Ryan Diem, Dan Connolly, Evan Mathis, Jacob Bell, Montrae Holland, Derrick Dockery
TE: John Carlson, Fred Davis, Donald Lee, Jacob Tamme, Joel Dreessen, Daniel Graham
RB: Peyton Hillis, Mike Tolbert, Tashard Choice, Jason Snelling, Chester Taylor, Ryan Grant, Michael Bush, Marshawn Lynch, Justin Forsett, Mewelde Moore, Earnest Graham

I do like Vernon Carey, but I don't know that he'll ever leave Miami. He's been there his entire personal and athletic life.

I'd be super happy with Carlson & Collins.

Last edited by nepg : 03-09-2012 at 03:33 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Anthony Collins, Paul Soliai, Ben Grubbs/Carl Nicks, John Carlson (because Fred Davis was franchised), and draft an ILB/RB. That's how I want to proceed. After we sign Manning, of course.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Anthony Collins, Paul Soliai, Ben Grubbs/Carl Nicks, John Carlson (because Fred Davis was franchised), and draft an ILB/RB. That's how I want to proceed. After we sign Manning, of course.
I'd love most of those guys. I think we can draft a guard pretty high. I hear it's pretty deep this year for guards. If we take Manning, I'm telling him we'll sign whoever the hell he wants.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:09 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
I'd love most of those guys. I think we can draft a guard pretty high. I hear it's pretty deep this year for guards. If we take Manning, I'm telling him we'll sign whoever the hell he wants.
If DeCastro is available at 11 the Chiefs oughta strongly consider him, depending who is on the board. Dude can play.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I get that DeCastro is a very good player, and I get that he is worthy of a high selection.. but I just can't see drafting an OG that high. I can't see it.

Old 03-10-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I favor an immediate signing of Dallas Clark. Fills a need and makes #18 decisions more difficult.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote