Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 03-22-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh....technically it's when the draft is over, which was D's last pick. So...whatever. I'm not in the mood to argue with anyone.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't make a deal of it (you know, because prospects are irrelevant), but this is just hokey.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I won't make a deal of it (you know, because prospects are irrelevant), but this is just hokey.
Did you want one of those guys?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, if we were all gonna fill our 4th prospect slot on a first come, first serve basis (which this actually is not because you posted the final pick of the draft simultaneously, knowing it'd automatically get you the prospects you wanted), then I would have attempted to get one of those guys, yes.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, if we were all gonna fill our 4th prospect slot on a first come, first serve basis (which this actually is not because you posted the final pick of the draft simultaneously, knowing it'd automatically get you the prospects you wanted), then I would have attempted to get one of those guys, yes.
Who were you gonna drop?

I love the assumption that I was trying to cheat the system btw. I just picked my guys. I figured everyone else had theirs filled.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

But **** it. I'll just prove that prospects are irrelevant ... again.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
4th prospect spot was to be filled in the draft. D just dropped some of his guys that he saved immediately after. It's not exactly the same thing.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
4th prospect spot was to be filled in the draft. D just dropped some of his guys that he saved immediately after. It's not exactly the same thing.
I think several people failed to do that then.

The prospect aspect of this league is confusing as ****.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
But **** it. I'll just prove that prospects are irrelevant ... again.

But really... if you think that, then drop all your minor leaguers. Put your money where your mouth is.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I'll trade them all to you.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We're just allowed to add/drop minor leaguers now? Uhh ..
It's always been like that as long as no other team has them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I'm sorry Xio. You should take it over and make it better.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It's always been like that as long as no other team has them.
During the season, yes. This just seems like a loophole. Especially because D got the last pick of the draft and posted his final pick along with changing his minor league roster.

Draft results haven't even been entered. The new season hasn't begun.

But don't mistake this as me complaining. I'm just pointing it out.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'll trade them all to you.
Nah, I'd rather keep it fair. Drop them all and let the league have a pinnata party!

Old 03-22-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I'm sorry Xio. You should take it over and make it better.
I have no idea if this is meant sarcastically, but no, I don't want that.

First order of business would be a total restart.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
During the season, yes. This just seems like a loophole. Especially because D got the last pick of the draft and posted his final pick along with changing his minor league roster.

Draft results haven't even been entered. The new season hasn't begun.

But don't mistake this as me complaining. I'm just pointing it out.
I do think D has ulterior motives most of the time but in this case I don't think so.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-22-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Fiiiine. To make it fair... I won't make my add/drop until 9PM Hawaii time.

That's 3AM for you SUCKA!!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He got a future RP anyway, who cares.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-22-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I do think D has ulterior motives most of the time but in this case I don't think so.
It's not an ulterior motive. He just capitalized on being last.

My gripe was only against the lack of something preventing him from doing it. Didn't we have a separate prospect draft in the past? (Things change so often I can't keep it straight).

Or maybe we should have bid on prospects with that money we have for new additions to the player pool.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
It's not an ulterior motive. He just capitalized on being last.

My gripe was only against the lack of something preventing him from doing it. Didn't we have a separate prospect draft in the past? (Things change so often I can't keep it straight).

Or maybe we should have bid on prospects with that money we have for new additions to the player pool.
Well this is only my 2nd year and last year was the same thing. Pick up minor leaguers whenever you damn choose. If we keep the prospects we all have now and then change and codify those rules that would be fine with me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-22-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Again, I'm not complaining. I don't care. Just thought I'd point it out. Maybe it can be improved if this league continues beyond this year.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Nobody cares Xio. Only you.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Out of curiosity, what is the current free agent/waiver priority based on?

As best I can tell, it's random to start the season.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Normally it's based on the standings, but yes, as best I can tell they just randomize it before the season starts.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Normally it's based on the standings, but yes, as best I can tell they just randomize it before the season starts.
Does that mean you're gonna leave it?

My league was the inverse of the draft order, for instance.