Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Who is the 3rd best WR in the draft?
Kendall Wright [Baylor] 39 46.99%
Stephen Hill [Georgia Tech] 31 37.35%
Rueben Randle [LSU] 5 6.02%
Alshon Jeffery [South Carolina] 8 9.64%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who is the #3 WR?

It is becoming more and more clear that Justin Blackmon and Michael Floyd are the top 2 WRs in the draft.

Who is the 3rd best WR in the draft?
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Wright above Floyd so he gets my vote.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Floyd is the better wide receiver but including character Wright may be the second receiver for me as well. Occasionally I contemplate moving Stephen Hill ahead of Floyd; Michael just gives me an uneasy feeling in interviews, like he knows what people want to hear rather than actually believing it.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Floyd is the better wide receiver but including character Wright may be the second receiver for me as well. Occasionally I contemplate moving Stephen Hill ahead of Floyd; Michael just gives me an uneasy feeling in interviews, like he knows what people want to hear rather than actually believing it.
Exactly. On the field, you could probably even make an argument that Floyd is the best receiver in this draft but those off-field things are hard for me to get past. I wouldn't be shocked to see him be the 4th or 5th receiver taken just like I wouldn't be shocked to see him be the 2nd. Personally, he probably wouldn't be on my board if I were a GM.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am having this debate for my Bears and I think after adding Marshall that we can think about Wright despite his size.

My questions revolve around Hill and possibly Randle having more potential than Wright if that is true?
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blackmon, then Floyd, then it's kind of a toss-up for me between Stephen Hill's relative lack of production but crazy measurables/upside and Kendall Wright's somewhat pedestrian triangle numbers and superb production/tape.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If there weren't so many negatives about Jeffrey, I would take him. He just produces and produces.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the 2012 season, I'd take Wright. Looking down the road, I'd have a hard time not taking Hill and finding out what his ceiling is.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hill. His physical gift just cannot be ignored. I have Wright, Jeffrey and Randle after him, in order.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:07 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it weren't for too many horrible drops I would say Hill - but as it is I think Wright. I guess it depends between these two if you are more of an upside person or not!
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WRs who are 6'4, run a 4.35, have a 40" vertical, and average 29 yards per catch come along about once every never. Some team is going to fall in love with the upside and take Hill higher than most people are expecting.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
WRs who are 6'4, run a 4.35, have a 40" vertical, and average 29 yards per catch come along about once every never. Some team is going to fall in love with the upside and take Hill higher than most people are expecting.
I really feel like you can discard the 29 ypc because of the offense he was in: limited catches+huge plays=large yard per catch averages. Your overall point remains valid though, and I agree with you.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm curious, are you talking about media interviews or team interviews?
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't believe it is that cut and dry that Michael Floyd is the second best receiver. Despite his disappointing 40 time, Kendall Wright is still a superior talent according to many people around the league. After watching and then rewatching film on Wright after his disappointing Combine, it is apparent that his 40 time does not directly translate to his ability on the field. Wright may be the most polished down field threats in the draft who possesses the 10-20 yard separation ability that Michael Floyd, and even Justin Blackmon do not have.
Dan_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Steele View Post
I don't believe it is that cut and dry that Michael Floyd is the second best receiver.
+1 that dude is on his way to bust city.

I picked Randle. No offense to these other guys but he's got the best hands of the choices.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Steele View Post
I don't believe it is that cut and dry that Michael Floyd is the second best receiver. Despite his disappointing 40 time, Kendall Wright is still a superior talent according to many people around the league. After watching and then rewatching film on Wright after his disappointing Combine, it is apparent that his 40 time does not directly translate to his ability on the field. Wright may be the most polished down field threats in the draft who possesses the 10-20 yard separation ability that Michael Floyd, and even Justin Blackmon do not have.
There was also a complete lack of solid CB's playing in the Big 12 this season which could easily account for Wright's separation on film, plus with RG111 passing him the ball, RG might just have made Wright look a lot better than he really is. Great QB's can make average receivers look substantially better than they really are.
I'd take Hill in a heartbeat over Wright and maybe over Floyd as well as far as their potential in pro ball. Hill is certainly rawer coming from an almost strictly running team but his upside is in the Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson levels.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Justin Blackmon as my No. 3 wideout.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Averaging that while catching SLIGHTLY over 50 passes total in 3 years. I think he gets points for being from the same school as Thomas/Johnson plus his workout numbers. He's an interesting prospect and size/speed is a big deal, but Hill is being treated like a slam dunk that he's not.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
You are a hipster.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well that's...interesting? Justin Blackmon is going to be a beast.

As much as I like Alshon and think he can be an absolute monster if everything checks out, I think it's pretty clearly Wright at this point. Rumors are that he could be the #1 WR on the boards of some teams. I'm not sold, but I see why some could be. He reminds me alot of Golden Tate, to be honest. Similar body types and measurables, similar skillsets...I know Tate hasn't been particularly productive to this date, but that's who Wright reminds me of.

I'm really not huge on Stephen Hill, but if he goes to a vertical passing offense likes the Chargers he could be dynamite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
but then you have guys that say what they want to say and what they actually believe and look like idiots like janoris jenkins and burfict. no ones ever happy lol
Old 03-26-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the top 3 are clearly Blackmon, Floyd, and Wright - though not necessarily in that order.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Me too.

Floyd
Wright
Blackmon

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
This.

As of this moment in time (very subject to change in the next month) my top 10 is as follows:

1. Blackmon
2. Wright
3. Floyd
4. Hill
5. Adams
6. Jeffrey
7. Sanu
8. Randle
9. J. Wright
10. Streeter
Old 03-26-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In terms of current ability, pro potential or where they'll actually go in the draft?

I think Wright is the best on current ability, Jeffrey on pro potential but I think Hill will be the 3rd taken in the draft
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote