Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Puh-leese, Irish. It's obviously Pedro Strop. You're gonna be a bottom feeder in this league thinking like that.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:27 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Puh-leese, Irish. It's obviously Pedro Strop. You're gonna be a bottom feeder in this league thinking like that.
Silly Xio, I was actually picking a player that would make his team worse. You should have done the same thing.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Silly Xio, I was actually picking a player that would make his team worse. You should have done the same thing.
You don't know who Pedro Strop is, evidently.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn KC. I didn't realize how stacked your team was.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-24-2014, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Damn KC. I didn't realize how stacked your team was.
I've never been fond of Mark Turbo.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When are keepers due?

I'm still so mad I picked Joe Mauer #3 overall when we first started doing keepers 4 or 5 years ago. And I'm pissed about Harvey's injury. Another wasted keeper for this season.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
When are keepers due?

I'm still so mad I picked Joe Mauer #3 overall when we first started doing keepers 4 or 5 years ago. And I'm pissed about Harvey's injury. Another wasted keeper for this season.
Let's tentatively say March 1st for keeper selection. Post sooner if you think you're set on nine players, but you can change them til March 1st.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

9 should make my decisions a bit easier. 10 or 12 would have been difficult to decide between a few people.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Known keepers
Miguel Cabrera
Jacoby Ellsbury
Troy Tulowitzki
Edwin Encarnacion
Adam Wainwright
Jose Bautista

Pick 3
Matt Carpenter
Ian Kinsler
Jason Heyward
Greg Holland
Hisashi Iwakuma
Jered Weaver
A half dozen other guys that would be keepers for some of you
Old 01-24-2014, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DEFINITES
Madison Bumgarner
Gio Gonzalez
Patrick Corbin
Jordan Zimmerman
Carlos Gomez
Carlos Santana
Jay Bruce

POSSIBLES
Mike Trout
Brett Lawrie
Adrian Gonzalez
Pablo Sandoval

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-24-2014, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Davis
Ian Desmond
Josh Donaldson
Carlos Gonzalez
Wil Myers
Ben Zobrist
Yu Darvish
Kenley Janssen

Need one more.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-24-2014, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Likely keepers
Joey Votto
Joe Mauer
Bryce Harper
David Robertson
Matt Harvey
Zack Wheeler
Cliff Lee
Everth Cabrera
Domonic Brown
Old 01-24-2014, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I'm going to be seeking to trade one of my hitters (likely Bautista, Encarnacion, Heyward or Carpenter) to acquire a starting pitcher before the season.

GF, based on you keeping four starters, I already see potential for a match.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I'm going to be seeking to trade one of my hitters (likely Bautista, Encarnacion, Heyward or Carpenter) to acquire a starting pitcher before the season.

GF, based on you keeping four starters, I already see potential for a match.
And let the games begin!

And by games I of course mean bickering, petty arguments, back and forths for weeks at a time, and all the sort.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-24-2014, 02:07 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm going to be seeking to trade one of my hitters to acquire a starting pitcher before the season.
Lost of questions, so wait we can trade anyone on our roster to another team before the season starts? No matter if we plan to keep them or not? Or do we have to declare them as keepers first? Also I thought you wanted to start the draft in February but the deadline for keepers is March 1st? But the first games are on March 22nd for that 2 game series between the D-Backs/Dodgers. Can we finish the draft in less than three weeks?

Also figured out my 9 keepers unless I edit it in the coming weeks
SP Clayton Kershaw
SP Chris Sale
OF Giancarlo Stanton
OF Matt Kemp
1B Paul Goldschmidt
1B/OF Mark Trumbo
3B Manny Machado
C Brian McCann
OF Jayson Werth

Old 01-24-2014, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He probably meant making trades once keepers are declared and draft is over.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-24-2014, 02:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey, that's my move!

...but don't cut Xio short. I think he did the same thing. Pedro Strop. LOL.

Or didn't he???

(further confusing KCJ) mwuahahaha

edit: You still have a chance to change Trumbo, KCJ. ;)

Last edited by D-Unit : 01-24-2014 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:29 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"My ass may be dumb, but i aint no dumbass."

Samuel L. Blackson in Jackie Brown

Old 01-24-2014, 03:58 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Real talk: are we for sure doing the 4 team draft, and what pick do I have?
Old 01-24-2014, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He probably meant making trades once keepers are declared and draft is over.
Once our keepers are locked in on March 1st, we would technically be allowed to trade players we kept any time. Obviously can't deal players we're cutting free.

KCJ, the redistribution draft for the four owners I've stipulated will be in February. The full draft will be in March.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Real talk: are we for sure doing the 4 team draft, and what pick do I have?
Third or fourth. Prince and Yoda's seniority gets them the top spots.

Having done a projection of what a 4-team redistribution draft might look like a while back, there will be a lot of talent and it won't fizzle out before each of you has 3-4 excellent players at minimum.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sleepy and lazy, Xio bulletpoint whatever it is you're all talking about. K thanks.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm sleepy and lazy, Xio bulletpoint whatever it is you're all talking about. K thanks.
I think you're forgetful, not lazy.

Seriously, we've discussed this redistribution draft for eons. It doesn't even impact you.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna be a sad panda letting go some of my guys...

Possible Keepers
1. Prince Fielder
2. Hanley Ramirez
3. Matt Holliday
4. Starling Marte
5. Yasiel Puig
6. David Ortiz
7. Justin Verlander
8. Stephen Strasburg
9. Shelby Miller

Possible Cuts
Nelson Cruz
Ryan Howard
Victor Martinez
Anthony Rizzo
Chase Utley
Jimmy Rollins
Roy Halladay
Dan Haren
Joe Nathan
Alexi Ogando
Fernando Rodney
Hyun-jin Ryu
Tony Cingrani
Old 01-24-2014, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Roy Halladay a possible cut? He should definitely be a keeper high upside.

sig by BoneKrusher
Closed Thread