Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think doubling the MLB rookie distinction numbers is acceptable.

If you still don't have a quality young player from last year's team that fits the bill, you can choose one later.

Anyone object to this?
Old 01-27-2014, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nope.

But seriously, I can just give a guy to someone that doesn't have one.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we cap it at 130/50 but grandfather players in for teams who don't qualify or BF can just give guys away.

sig by BoneKrusher
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they show up on prospect lists, they're ******* prospects. If they don't, they aren't. JFC, people. Between the 4 team draft and full draft have a 1 round prospect draft comprised of players that were not drafted in 2013 (Appel, Bryant) or a FA signing this off-season (Abreu, Tanaka). Anyone with a prospect they want to keep in the slot gives up their pick.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I think doubling the MLB rookie distinction numbers is acceptable.

If you still don't have a quality young player from last year's team that fits the bill, you can choose one later.

Anyone object to this?
So under 260 ABs or 100 IP?
Old 01-27-2014, 03:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The closest I have is Wheeler (100 IP) and Yelich (240 ABs). If one of them could be considered a prospect I'm down for 9 + 1.
I don't have a problem with that. I'd rather keep a vet, but I would be satisfied keeping Cingrianni (104 IP).
Old 01-27-2014, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ruling: Tanaka and Abreu are not eligible as prospects to claim. They have to be minor-league types, not older guys going to MLB from another professional league.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
So under 260 ABs or 100 IP?
For the most part, this will be the cut-off. If someone is really close to qualifying and no one objects to stretching it just a tad more (like Cingrani), then we will discuss it as a group and make a ruling.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think we cap it at 130/50 but grandfather players in for teams who don't qualify or BF can just give guys away.
I'm cool with this. If I can keep Yelich this year and others can keep a similar guys but then we have to have someone to fit into the 130/50 in following years.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Yes. There will be a strict 130 AB/50 IP rule for prospect distinction in future seasons.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Before everyone goes gobbling up the currently unspoken for prospects (or BF's extra ones), we need to probably settle the picking process/order.

Maybe we even hold the re-distribution draft first to get that out of the way.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Before everyone goes gobbling up the currently unspoken for prospects (or BF's extra ones), we need to probably settle the picking process/order.

Maybe we even hold the re-distribution draft first to get that out of the way.
Good idea....

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
Old 01-27-2014, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Good idea....
I would expect you to designate Billy Hamilton as your prospect, no? He might have the best fantasy impact of any of them.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would expect you to designate Billy Hamilton as your prospect, no? He might have the best fantasy impact of any of them.
Yeah, it'll likely be him.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
Old 01-27-2014, 03:29 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't PF have to use one of his three/four spots that don't get redistributed on Hamilton? My biggest question on the redistribution is the full pool of available players.

Last edited by mqtirishfan : 01-27-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Wouldn't PF have to use one of his three keeper spots on Hamilton? My biggest question on the redistribution is the full pool of available players.
I think Yoda and Prince should get to keep Hamilton and Wacha, respectively. That is unless they'd prefer to take their chances on someone that's unaccounted for.

There's plenty of big-time prospects unaccounted for. BF can only keep one of Boegarts/Walker/Taillon/Sano, plus there is Buxton, the Bradleys (Archie and Jackie), Castellanos, Baez, Polanco, etc.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Yoda and Prince should get to keep Hamilton and Wacha, respectively. That is unless they'd prefer to take their chances on someone that's unaccounted for.

There's plenty of big-time prospects unaccounted for. BF can only keep one of Boegarts/Walker/Taillon/Sano, plus there is Buxton, the Bradleys (Archie and Jackie), Castellanos, Baez, Polanco, etc.
Which prospect is BF keeping?
Old 01-27-2014, 03:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Which prospect is BF keeping?

Probably Xander for when Beltre and/or Reyes inevitably break down.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Let's put the prospect keeper discussion on hold until after the re-distribution draft.

I really need to know Yo's intentions in order to proceed. Even if he commits and says he wants to stay, I feel like any of the three people I recommended as replacements would be an improvement in terms of activity. Ugh.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I like yo.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

Probably Xander for when Beltre and/or Reyes inevitably break down.
OK, then that leaves Walker/Taillon/Sano for taking. I don't see how Buxton or the Bradleys (Archie and Jackie) are available.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:46 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

So, how will we decide the order of who gets to pick their prospects?
Old 01-27-2014, 03:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Let's put the prospect keeper discussion on hold until after the re-distribution draft.

I really need to know Yo's intentions in order to proceed. Even if he commits and says he wants to stay, I feel like any of the three people I recommended as replacements would be an improvement in terms of activity. Ugh.
Also need to determine who's picking from BF (if anyone) and if the stretching is ok or not.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I don't think we should be poaching BF's prospects. They should go into the regular draft. Or only the new guys should be able to take his prospects.

Who doesn't have someone they can keep who fit roughly around the limits for this one year only?
Old 01-27-2014, 03:49 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

People picking from BF would have to do it in a draft format for it to be fair.

Also, are we just assuming that nobody will choose to keep more than one prospect? Wouldn't it possibly be beneficial to BF to keep Boegarts and Sano?

Last edited by mqtirishfan : 01-27-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Closed Thread