Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 04:41 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I think it's only fair that you all have to pick your keepers now. The 4 of us in the redistribution draft have our keepers locked in...
I thought that at first too, but at the same time we are two noobs and two dudes that stunk up the joint.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:45 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it's only fair that you all have to pick your keepers now. The 4 of us in the redistribution draft have our keepers locked in...
I did this a couple pages ago, (but looked sh!tty due to font troubles) this would only be my guess. This is not official in any way, (only my team) obviously.

KCJ58

1. Clayton Kershaw SP
2. Chris Sale SP
3. Giancarlo Stanton OF
4. Matt Kemp OF
5. Paul Goldschmidt 1B
6. Mark Trumbo 1B/OF
7. Manny Machado 3B
8. Brian McCann C
9. Jayson Werth OF

D-Unit

1. Justin Verlander SP
2. Stephen Strasburg SP
3. Shelby Miller SP
4. Prince Fielder 1B
5. Hanley Ramirez SS
6. Matt Holliday OF
7. Starling Marte OF
8. Yasiel Puig OF
9. David Ortiz DH

Bearsfan

1. Mat Latos SP
2. Cole Hamels SP
3. Craig Kimbrel RP
4. Ryan Braun OF
5. Robinson Cano 2B
6. Adam Jones OF
7. Adrian Beltre 3B
8. Jose Reyes SS
9. Wilin Rosario C

Xio

1. Jared Weaver SP
2. Adam Wainwright SP
3. Hisashi Iwakuma SP
4. Miguel Cabrera 3B
5. Jacoby Ellsbury OF
6. Troy Tulowitzki SS
7. Edwin Encarnacion 3B
8. Jose Bautista OF
9. Ian Kinsler 2B

GF1080

1. Madison Bumgarner SP
2. Gio Gonzalez SP
3. Patrick Corbin SP
4. Jordan Zimmerman SP
5. Mike Trout OF
6. Carlos Gomez OF
7. Carlos Santana C/1B
8. Jay Bruce OF
9. Adrian Gonzalez 1B

Brodeur

1. Yu Darvish SP
2. Kenley Jansen RP
3. Chris Davis 1B
4. Ian Desmond SS
5. Josh Donaldson 3B
6. Carlos Gonzalez OF
7. Wil Myers OF
8. Ben Zobrist 2B/OF
9. Matt Wieters C

Jughead

1. Matt Harvey SP
2. Zack Wheeler SP
3. Cliff Lee SP
4. David Robertson RP
5. Joey Votto 1B
6. Joe Mauer C/1B
7. Bryce Harper OF
8. Everth Cabrera SS
9. Domonic Brown OF

Yo

1. Max Scherzer SP
2. Zach Greinke SP
3. James Shields SP
4. Justin Upton OF
5. David Wright 3B
6. Freddie Freeman 1B
7. Elvis Andrus SS
8. Ryan Zimmerman 3B
9. Desmond Jennings OF

Irish

1. Anibal Sanchez SP
2. Julio Teheran SP
3. Jeff Samardzija SP
4. Andrew McCutchen OF
5. Buster Posey C
6. Shin-Soo Choo OF
7. Eric Hosmer 1B
8. Leonys Martin OF
9. Brandon Phillips 2B

Marshall

1. Davis Price SP
2. Lance Lynn SP
3. Aroldis Chapman RP
4. Evan Longoria 3B
5. Jason Kipnis 2B
6. Dustin Pedroia 2B
7. Hunter Pence OF
8. Carlos Beltran OF
9. Michael Cuddyer OF

Yoda

1. Felix Hernandez SP
2. Matt Cain SP
3. Koji Uehara RP
4. Glen Perkins RP
5. Albert Pujols 1B
6. Allen Craig 1B/OF
7. Yadier Molina C
8. Pedro Alvarez 3B
9. Mark Teixeira 1B

PF28

1. Jose Fernandez SP
2. Matt Moore SP
3. Garrit Cole SP
4. Addison Reed RP
5. Jean Segura SS
6. Josh Hamilton OF
7. Salvador Perez C
8. Shane Victorino OF
9. Brandon Belt 1B

Old 02-10-2014, 05:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dang good point.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll give you a hint: I'm not keeping Matt Wieters.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-10-2014, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
I thought that at first too, but at the same time we are two noobs and two dudes that stunk up the joint.
Yoda has the right idea.

All four of you wanted to get your players ASAP, so we went ahead.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanna know who you're all keeping. Fess up.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not even halfway through FEB so everyone needs to calm the hell down. I'm pumped for this season but relax a little.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-19-2014, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am finally remembering to bring this up before the draft: I want doubles and triples to ******* count this year. I don't care how it's done, I'm tired of this being the only league in the world to treat singles and doubles/triples equally.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-19-2014, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, "only league in the world." The fantasy standard is to use AVG and not OBP, so it could be a lot worse.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:03 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I am finally remembering to bring this up before the draft: I want doubles and triples to ******* count this year. I don't care how it's done, I'm tired of this being the only league in the world to treat singles and doubles/triples equally.
if you want your triples and doubles to count, play in a points league

Old 02-19-2014, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be fine with adding a slugging component but then I'd want HR's eliminated.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-19-2014, 06:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Why? You never get past first base. *ba dump chhh*
Old 02-19-2014, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'd be fine with adding a slugging component but then I'd want HR's eliminated.
That would be incredibly stupid. What's wrong with OPS or total bases?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-19-2014, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't want HR's counting in 2 categories that are somewhat similar.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-19-2014, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Yeah, why have the biggest play in baseball count for a lot?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-19-2014, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, why have the biggest play in baseball count for a lot?
I believe the categories should be as balanced as possible to create a more level field. As always we should just put it up to a vote.

Basically you want to add TB in addition to the rest of what we have or you'd eliminate something in its stead? We'd have to add a pitching category also then possibly.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-19-2014, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Everything possible is accounted for with pitchers already, though.

EDIT: How about we add K to BB for pitchers and OPS for hitters?

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 02-19-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:10 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

why don't we eliminate Wins and put in QS instead while were at it?

Old 02-19-2014, 08:47 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Why? You never get past first base. *ba dump chhh*
If we're going by this standard, why even bother including singles?

*rimshot*
Old 02-19-2014, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

The categories aren't changing.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:40 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Everything possible is accounted for with pitchers already, though.

EDIT: How about we add K to BB for pitchers and OPS for hitters?
Shut up Brodie.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing I would agree to is changing OBP to OPS. But I'm fine with the way it is.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
The categories aren't changing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-20-2014, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The only thing I would agree to is changing OBP to OPS. But I'm fine with the way it is.
That would be the only thing I'd consider, but I'm not compelled to make a switch.

Doubles and triples may not directly translate into fantasy value here, but they factor into RBI and runs scored totals.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Bah, I want a second fantasy baseball team this season, but I feel like all of the best people to play against are already in this league.
Closed Thread