Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 07:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quality Starts over Wins makes a whole lot more sense than OPS over OBP.

This coming from someone who started a points league based on QS and OPS. One creates a really large variance; one doesn't at all. It would effect about 10-15 guys.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reminder: Deadline to declare keepers in this thread is Saturday, March 1st at noon EST.

You are allowed to post them any time, but they won't be considered locked in until Saturday.

Draft begins about a week after that, depending on when Jughead is available after his vacation/reason for holding us up.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can start before then if you want. But like I said, I'll be useless from the 6th through late night on the 9th.

Also what was the final amount of keepers for this season again?
Old 02-24-2014, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
We can start before then if you want. But like I said, I'll be useless from the 6th through late night on the 9th.

Also what was the final amount of keepers for this season again?
9 keepers, 1 already determined prospect.

The next season, we voted on 10 keepers, plus two prospects.

We'll probably start drafting on the 9th.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

My keepers:

Miguel Cabrera
Edwin Encarnacion
Jacoby Ellsbury
Jason Heyward
Ian Kinsler OR Matt Carpenter
Jose Bautista
Troy Tulowitzki
Adam Wainwright
Greg Holland
Oscar Taveras (prospect)

Last edited by Xiomera : 02-24-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
My keepers:

Miguel Cabrera
Edwin Encarnacion
Jacoby Ellsbury
Jason Heyward
Ian Kinsler OR Chris Carpenter
Jose Bautista
Troy Tulowitzki
Adam Wainwright
Greg Holland
Oscar Taveras (prospect)
Why is it so hard to make up your mind between Kinsler and Carpenter? Kinsler always underwhelms. Carpenter helped you win the championship because you got a guy that waaaaaay outperformed his draft spot and preseason expectations. You gotta keep him. In fact, Kinsler sucks. Rangers stole Prince from the Tigers who got fooled thinking Kinsler is actually in the same category of a player.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prince has been declining for years now also. We'll see if there is a re-birth in that park.

If Xio goes Kinsler he'll be hitting SP hard in the draft.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-24-2014, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Why is it so hard to make up your mind between Kinsler and Carpenter? Kinsler always underwhelms. Carpenter helped you win the championship because you got a guy that waaaaaay outperformed his draft spot and preseason expectations. You gotta keep him. In fact, Kinsler sucks. Rangers stole Prince from the Tigers who got fooled thinking Kinsler is actually in the same category of a player.
Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha

The Tigers don't think Kinsler is very good. They just know Fielder is a piece of overpaid ****.

EDIT: I also just realized I typed Chris Carpenter instead of Matt Carpenter.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK thats what I thought.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Prince has been declining for years now also. We'll see if there is a re-birth in that park.

If Xio goes Kinsler he'll be hitting SP hard in the draft.
Ouch. Didn't realize he was keeping only one SP.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Ouch. Didn't realize he was keeping only one SP.
Right. Because the ability to trade doesn't exist.

It's easier to rely on hitting than pitching.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha

The Tigers don't think Kinsler is very good. They just know Fielder is a piece of overpaid ****.
What are you laughing at? The Tigers don't think he's good, but you do? Apparently you think Kinsler is keeper worthy. lol

Prince WAS overpaid, but now that the Tigers are paying a nice chunk for him to play in Texas, he's gonna be well worth the money. Watch him turn it around in a clubhouse that has their act together. He'll put up 40+ HRs in Arlington.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What does the clubhouse have to do with anything?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-24-2014, 02:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Right. Because the ability to trade doesn't exist.

It's easier to rely on hitting than pitching.
Debateable. I think the trick is figuring out who is legit and who isn't. Legit guys are legit guys.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Boy, someone sure is getting excited.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Debateable. I think the trick is figuring out who is legit and who isn't. Legit guys are legit guys.
Fantasy value isn't the same as real baseball value.

You don't even know who I'm picking and you've gotten yourself all worked up. Let's not forget who the champ was last year, okay?
Old 02-24-2014, 02:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
What does the clubhouse have to do with anything?
I don't feel the need to explain this.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Fantasy value isn't the same as real baseball value.

You don't even know who I'm picking and you've gotten yourself all worked up. Let's not forget who the champ was last year, okay?
Let's just say that I know who you're picking.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Let's just say that I know who you're picking.
Put your money where your mouth is.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I don't feel the need to explain this.
Because it's an asinine point. Prince's numbers weren't going down because of the Tigers clubhouse.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-24-2014, 02:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Put your money where your mouth is.
Saturday will be a fun day. :)
Old 02-24-2014, 02:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Because it's an asinine point. Prince's numbers weren't going down because of the Tigers clubhouse.
Asinine? Calm down...

They weren't giving him enough donuts! We both know that.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Saturday will be a fun day. :)
Reveling in second place behind me is that much fun?

Withholding your prediction so you can say "I told you so!" either way to everyone here is fun?
Old 02-24-2014, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

At best D will take the silver this year. It's my personal mission to place above him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-24-2014, 03:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread. Always.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Closed Thread